LLA Dwarf Fortress Succession Game

Discussion in 'Community Play Dates!' started by Cody522, Jan 22, 2015.

1. Cody522

Cody522 Well-Known Member

We are having a new fortress succession game that will be based on the 34.11 version, as .40 is still unfinished when it comes to sieges and FPS optimization.

Each person will play for one year then upload their save on http://dffd.bay12games.com/
    - Overseers will have a maximum of 3 days to play out their year. Or we'll skip to the next in line with the latest save.
    - Make sure to write a chronicle of all the neat things and not so neat things that happened in the fort.
    - Use pictures to show events or weird things that have happened. A program like gyazo or puush will help.
    - A texturepack would be preferred so others can understand better what's going on in your pictures. For the DF newbs.

Unless everyone decides for a mod, it seems that the normal consensus is for a vanilla game with minimal edits. I'll be willing with using the Defense mod that adds more races to fight you in the game.
    - there will be no aquifers though
    - dragons grow up fast for FUN danger
    - dwarf babbies will mature at age 4 so you can see the children of married dwarves like "Don McZombie" and "Psycho McDolphin" grow up.
    - Perhaps let elves settle in a few more biomes other than forests.

You can play the game using any utility program you like, as long as it doesn't change the game for others. Examples like dwarf therapist, and soundsense. DFHack can run in the background but don't use any commands.
    - You can use a lazynewbpack, but keep all the Init file settings(invaders, temperature, etc) unchanged except for FPS cap.
    - We could use the accelerated lazynewbpack, which will remove redundant, unnecessary objects for FPS improvements. If you all decide, I can start the world with this version of dwarf fortress http://www.llagaming.net/forums/threads/dwarf-fortress-pack-for-succession-games.1701/

Now to embark specifications. So far, people would like a freezing biome with a volcano. Hopefully with a waterfall as well (which can cause FPS drops). That's up to change though. I will ensure we have iron at the least. Of course there will have to be goblin, human and elf neighors. Necromancers optional. Unless we decide for more races.
    - A new large world will be generated for this

Either sign up, or ask for a dwarf to be named after you.

Overseers - as many that would want to sign up
    1. Cody
    2. Rocco
    3. Chaznoodles
    4. Pete
    5. Jayce
    6. Lemonsoup
    7. Jariah
    !%INF

dwarfs
    Korey Humberland, hunter
    Jerrie Howard, crafter
    Eluxor, farmer
    Brandonandpie, not in yet
    Black Jack, not in yet
    Chillyspace, not in yet

Anyone into dwarf fortress, and overseers especially should join our skype chatroom. Contact cody744 for an invite.
    Rocco Ward likes this.
  2. Rocco Ward

Rocco Ward Well-Known Member

I want to both signup and become a dwarf! Also are we using the old map?
  3. Cody522

No I'll gen a new world. But I suppose it can be made custom too for biomes. If people want a freezing death world and snow everywhere.
  4. Chaznoodles

Chaznoodles Well-Known Member

I'll nab slot number three!
  5. PistolPete

PistolPete ForumGuard Staff Member

I'll tale 4 or 5
  6. Korey Humberland

Korey Humberland Active Member

Would be overseer but I suck at Fortress mode, my OCD spazzes out so much when mining so it just ruins it for me. I'll just sign up for a dorf! Korey Humberland the Archer!
  7. Jayce Wise

Jayce Wise Head LS13 Admin Staff Member

I'll take the latest available slot. Dorf me too, when possible.
  8. Keone2

Keone2 Active Member

I'm horrible at DF, but please invite Jerrie for your expedition or birth dwarfs.
  9. LemonSoup

LemonSoup LS13 Admin

I'll have a stint! It'lll be awful, but we need SOMETHING for you guys to clear up after.
  10. Jariahtoadsage

Jariahtoadsage LS13 Admin

I'd love to be signed up
  11. Eluxor

Eluxor No one

I WANT TOH BEH DWARFED.
  12. Brandonandpie

Brandonandpie New Member

I wish to become a dwarf!
  13. Black Jack

Black Jack LS13 Admin

Just make me a dorf.
    [​IMG]
    Jayce Wise likes this.
  14. Chillyspace422

Chillyspace422 Well-Known Member

I would like to be dwarfed! Also! I have
    a Skype so I can do shit!

Also, can I be a Axe Man?
  15. Cody522

I'll see if I can start it off tonight. I was waiting to see if people would discuss embark sites and what we should do.
  16. Mabblies

Mabblies Well-Known Member

Mabbs neds be dorfed
  17. Jayce Wise

Just to make sure that we get off the ground pretty well, I would recommend going with a pretty well rounded embark profile. Any further shenanigans and specialization are better left until we have a functioning base. As far as the location, I think a river intersection (one of the ones with the massive, deep canyons - if those still exist) would be pretty interesting. At least one part of the map (depending on how difficult we want to make this) should be a "woodland", and at least one decently sized hill. Other than that, I would just say to make sure that there is some potential FUN further on down the line via necromancer, evil biome, etc.
  18. Jariahtoadsage

So, I'll be honest. I do still want to oversee the fort. But the described biome is one I've neeeeeeever played. Tbh, I've only ever played in warm forests (no winters) and occasionally a desert.

Hopefully Im not the downfall of outpost (*name*).
  19. Jayce Wise

It shouldn't be too bad. Hopefully by year 7 (if we make it that far) there will be enough of a base that even if one turn goes catastrophically we should be able to rebuild, honk.
  20. Jariahtoadsage

"And then the year of the jarhead began, and no one ever REALLY recovered."
    Mindtrixx and Jayce Wise like this.