LeJack's Perseus Application [Trialed]

Discussion in 'Perseus PMC Applications' started by LeJack, Jan 20, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Methinks Jack is just in need of a little adjustment period to get used to the robustness of LLA players. ;)
    torquey and LeJack like this.
  2. Mindtrixx

Mindtrixx Well-Known Member

I have been observing you off and on for awhile now and I have rarely had the chance to see you fight. This isn't necessarily a bad thing, using your words is very important. However I feel you are being a bit too reluctant when using force, things escalate quickly in SS13 and I feel you aren't giving yourself solid chances to fight.

We elevate to code blue every round, this makes random searches available. Now I'm not saying go around shoot every suspect and be rudecurity. I'm saying allow yourself the chance at robust training experience. Doesn't hurt to shoot a known armed suspect first.

Prisoners will often ignore your orders to stop hitting the cell, you give them a single warning to stop or have that item removed. Do not slack in this or you will become push over cop. If they continue after losing the item a straightjacket is available in perma.

I have enjoyed what I've seen thus far in your security work involving character interaction, I just really want to seen an improvement in your reaction time and judgement when it comes to fights.
    torquey, LeJack and Flatoftheblade like this.
  3. LeJack

LeJack Active Member

Thanks Torquey. And you're absolutely right. I should have stunned after you resisted my first attempt to cuff. While you were evasive, you hadn't yet behaved in a threatening way. I like to use a minimal amount of force, and I often err too much on the side of restraint.

Thank you, and again, I agree wholeheartedly. I will step up my use of force.

Where I learned how to play sec, you would get Abooped for acting paranoid as that was considered "meta". One time I got a talking to for stunning a guy I caught cleaning out the arrivals checkpoint. While he had a sec ID, he did not respond to verbal commands, was dressed as an assistant and did not have a loyalty implant. Naturally I considered him a threat, which apparently was also metagaming. Just so happens that I was murdered by the same officer before the round ended.

So I've been adjusting to the hard knock LLA lifestyle. Also, on that note, my previous 1-10 estimate of security performance was based off of what I had come to expect from other sec officers. I have to say LLA has a higher concentration of goodsec (despite the rough and tumble gameplay) than I've seen anywhere else. Based off of what I've seen from most of the other sec regulars, I'd have to reevaluate myself at a 6 or 7.
    torquey and Mindtrixx like this.
  4. Agent1667

Agent1667 Well-Known Member

I have played several rounds with Jack as Security. He has proven to be very valuable, and is probably one of the best officers to work with. He uses verbals and acts very professional. I give you my support.
    torquey and LeJack like this.
  5. Jack Entrarie, James Warren and I have stomped a lot of nuke ops, revolutions and cults over the past month, being a very effective force while respecting Space Law, being non-abusive and keeping a professional face. I literally can't recall a single zero-sum round type where we were all on the same team and lost (and we've had a lot of shifts together recently). It's been fun having a consistent, reliable team. James just earned his blue uniform (well, recruit status at least), hoping we can carry that security teamwork over to Perseus soon enough with Jack by our side.

Jack, James and Titus's last security collaboration before James joined the Perseus ranks, which ended with us victoriously riding the shuttle together (credit to Baron† and Dick† as well, RIP):

[​IMG]

P.S. - Jack also killed the traitor that James and I boarded to apprehend for James' first Perseus mission, before we arrived, so in a funny way the brotherhood continued.

EDIT - Recent rev round as well, where I was the only starting head and our team (with Jack and James) crushed our opposition:

[​IMG]
  6. PistolPete

PistolPete ForumGuard Staff Member

Jack,

Having observed you both as a lawyer, crew, and having played along side of you, I would be in favor of trialing you.

"I Pistol Pete SPONSOR LeJack, AND HEREBY TAKE PARTIAL RESPONSIBILITY FOR THEM ACTING AS PERSEUS ENFORCERS, IN THE EVENT THAT THEY ARE HIRED."
  7. LeJack

LeJack Active Member

Awesome! Thank you Pete!
  8. Hattrick

Hattrick Perseus Captain Staff Member

Welcome to your cadet trial, Lejack.
    Mindtrixx likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.