Kokojo's maper application

Discussion in 'Iconner/Coder Applications (closed/obsolet)' started by Kokojo, Jan 23, 2014.

1. Kokojo

Kokojo Active Member

Hello, Kokojo here! I'd like to help the current team in finishing the map for the next installement of the source.

So far I have tested out with the editor and it sems I am able to make nice things.
    I'd like to officialy join the team. I have not much more to say but that, I'd take a trail if that's needed, and ect.
    Now that I am part of staff I feel I can be trusted with more serious things.

I have mapping experience in OTHER games. I made a tons of SC1 custom maps (MYO impossible scenarios, air battle, Flight of the battlcruisers), some WC3 maps (I helped with Custom castle defense, even thought I have been given no credit, air battle) and also made plenty of custom map for my final fantasy tactics hack, Call of power.

I think I can safely say I love making maps, and I wish to make more!

here is an example :
    http://postimg.org/image/jzx602dlr/
    kadingir likes this.
  2. Black Jack

Black Jack LS13 Admin

3. Kokojo

Kokojo Active Member

You are right, I am stupid. Can someone move this?
  4. Taicho

Taicho Director of LS13 Staff Member

Your trial will last for 2 weeks. In these 2 weeks you'll be given a list of 5 mapping tasks. Whilst completing all 5 isn't required per se, the amount of tasks you complete and the standard at which you complete them at will reflect against you. All we ask us that you have fun and do your best.

Note: You are urged to include wiring, piping and disposals in your designs if possible.

Your assignments:

• The bridge has been blown off the main part of the station and has crashed into an asteroid. This task Is a test of creativity.
    • Remap the bridge as though it was at the top of the station. The bridge must include an office for ALL of the heads.
    • Design a crew 'entertainment' lounge. Once more, creativity and detail is key.
    • Perseus have decided the Mycanae needs retrofitting. Design a new Mycanae. Don't worry about the custom turfs present on the current Mycanae.
    • You may pick what you want to do for this one. Whether it be redoing one of the current areas or designing a new, fun, unrelated area or 'scene'. This one is not optional. Regardless of how many you complete, this NEEDS to be one of them.

You have two weeks to complete as many of these as you can. PM/Skype me screen caps of the areas once complete. Good luck :)
    Ahbahl and Kokojo like this.
  5. Infernus44

Infernus44 Well-Known Member

This is so weird that it actually looks nice. :p
  6. Kokojo

Kokojo Active Member

For the number one assignement, do I need the whole bridge or just the front part? Not because I want to do less, but because I think it will be better looking.
  7. Taicho

I have no preference. Whatever is best for you and will look best upon completion I suppose~
  8. zt107

zt107 Well-Known Member

bump of curiosity +1
  9. Kokojo

Kokojo Active Member

Im waiting on gamercad...
    Still no awnser.
  10. Cody522

Cody522 Well-Known Member

Give cad and connor a few more months, they're very busy.
  11. IMVader

IMVader Well-Known Member

I hope Kokojo gets accepted soon. :)
  12. Kokojo

Kokojo Active Member

I am not sure, but I think I am in.
  13. Kokojo

Kokojo Active Member

Bumping this because still unsure.
    Rob Ust likes this.
  14. Rob Ust

Rob Ust Active Member

15. Taicho

No need for a bump. He's informed of the situation.
    Rob Ust likes this.