Other How do you choose to control your ship?

Discussion in 'Elite Dangerous' started by LLA Don Zombie, Dec 22, 2015.

?

What types of devices do you use? (multivote enabled)

1. Keyboard/Mouse

75.0%
  2. HOTAS joystick

25.0%
  3. Console Controller

12.5%
  4. Rudder Pedals

12.5%
  5. Voice Macros

37.5%
  6. Smartphone

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. Other

25.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. LLA Don Zombie

LLA Don Zombie The Don Staff Member

Just curious to do a poll about how you guys chose to fly and a place to post your setup. My setup actually came about from getting into flight sims, and I actually got elite dangerous to have a wider range of games to use it with.

Anyway, my build is:

The thrustermaster warthog
    [​IMG]

Saitek Proflight Combat rudder pedals
    [​IMG]

TrackIR 5 (with the basic clip)
    [​IMG]

and voice attack
    [​IMG]

and a xbox 360 controller for driving a rover
    [​IMG]

Before anyone's like "woah zombie's rich" I am certainly not. Briana saved up and got all this for me for my birthday last year when she was making big bucks at her old job because she knew I wanted to get into flight simulators.

Regardless, lets make this a thread for sharing about all the ways we control our ships and ways you get more out of elite dangerous controls. I'm always looking for ways to make my setup better so make sure to fill out the poll and post below your setups for cool unique ways you fly. Multivotes are enabled.

Also, if anyone is curious or needs help with voice attack let me know.
    Obadiah Mayland likes this.
  2. MiziBooBoo

MiziBooBoo Guest

Do you have any flight sims you might want to play together Don? I can't run Elite Dangerous though.
  3. LoneWolfSyndrome

LoneWolfSyndrome Forum Guard General Staff Member

Mouse & Keyboard here. I also use voice commands to issue orders for my AI to carry out. Additionally, I've got the oculus rift as my monitor. My keyboard has various stickers placed on it so that I can locate specific buttons when needed.
    LLA Don Zombie likes this.
  4. LLA Don Zombie

LLA Don Zombie The Don Staff Member

Tactical stickers