Implemented Helper chat ( Don't Hurt me im serious)

Discussion in 'Code Suggestions' started by daddysds1, Dec 24, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cody522

Cody522 Well-Known Member

no coder is working on this I think, or will want to
  2. daddysds1

daddysds1 Well-Known Member

I would do it but i don't code i map.

Coders get on this please i'll just keep bumping it.
  3. Mabblies

Mabblies Well-Known Member

Oh come on, *I* could probably code it. Just copy asay code, rename it msay, copy ahelp code, rename help, add a permissions flag for helper stuff, done.
    IMVader, Cody522 and daddysds1 like this.
  4. daddysds1

WE HAVE A VOLENTEER.

Get to it
  5. Mabblies

Fine, whenever I have time, I will.
    IMVader, JPR and daddysds1 like this.
  6. daddysds1

Thank you
  7. Psyentific

Psyentific Well-Known Member

You'd also need to create a Mentor rank (in admin ranks.txt?), unless msay is accessible to everyone.
    IMVader likes this.
  8. Mabblies

Yeah, I forgot about that part. I would also add the permissions things to all Secondary and up positions.
    IMVader likes this.
  9. Cairo283

Cairo283 New Member

After seeing an influx of blorp and malf AI players who have no idea what they are doing lately, the chicken supports this greatly.
  10. daddysds1

Mabblies my man hows it going with the codeing.
  11. Mabblies

I haven't started yet :p

You could just do it yourself ya know, it isn't THAT difficult.
  12. daddysds1

:eek::mad::( WHAT.

But i'm to :cool: to code
    General_Battier likes this.
  13. AquaDraco

AquaDraco Active Member

See, I would be working on this if I wasn't already working on one of my personal projects and another one of cool-dude's ideas.
  14. daddysds1

So once more we have about 5 newbs who can't access questions about things because 1. admins are not on 2. They can't ask in ooc as it would be ic in ooc.

COME ON MABBLIES SAVE US.
  15. Mabblies

I WILL eventually
    daddysds1 likes this.
  16. Rekiin

Rekiin Active Member

Possibly like a player who when dead, can see mentor chat and help players who need it, obviously it would be white-listed, but overall its a cool idea. I would also make it so players who have played for 6 months or longer would have the ability to see mentor chat, instead of it being white-listed.
    General_Battier likes this.
  17. daddysds1

I would rather it be whitelisted because anyone can play for 6 mounths and then have free metagame pass.

The orginal idea was a admin like chat that people could use to ask for help when 1. admins are busy / not online. 2. When it can't be responded to in ooc / it would be ic in ooc to ask.

Another example of why this is needed.

A syindicate nuke ops had 0 clue what to do and was killed within 5 minutes of the round becuase 1. the nuke ops failed to help him learn and where to busy Murderboneing secureing dat fucking disk. 2. He was unable to go. OOC : Hey what do i do at nuke ops. Because that would be ic in ooc 3. no admins where present.
    Sweedle likes this.
  18. Sweedle

Sweedle Active Member

I feel like it should have a whitelist, because giving anyone who has clocked 'x' months or hours or rounds or what have you, access to (Possibly) round sensitive information takes a ton of trust. I feel like it would need an application all its own, for much the same reason as admin applications. Time should not be the only factor in deciding who should be a mentor, but rather an addition. Furthermore, it would keep people who have no interest in the mentor system away from it

EDIT: Grrr... Daddy posting while I typed this. I agree with him as well, I alluded to the 'free meta-pass'
    daddysds1 likes this.
  19. daddysds1

2fast4you
    Sweedle likes this.
  20. Flavo

Flavo Well-Known Member

Better off just ahelping these questions to be honest. I don't see the need for this, i know people are waiting on mabblies to code this but i dont see that happening and i dont see myself working on this either. if its something you have to apply for just apply for admin. if you got a question about a game mechanic just ask in OOC, dont make it about the round.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.