Implemented Helper chat ( Don't Hurt me im serious)

Discussion in 'Code Suggestions' started by daddysds1, Dec 24, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. daddysds1

daddysds1 Well-Known Member

Now some of you are prob wondering what the fuck kind of idea i have in my head today.

Well you know how everyone is telling people that are asking questions to go to the wiki and or f1 it.

WELL NO LONGER.

We are geting quite a few new players or at least from where i'm siting looks like it.

And many of them are asking questions and the same old f1 go to wiki shit is coming up.

The suggestion is add a chat that can be white listed/Or not really up to the coders here.

Kinda like the admin chat. That can allow people to help people with questions.

Now the only part i see here that could be a issue is.

1. no one likes whitelisted shit tsk tsk.

2. Admins don't want to give up there seat of i know it all f1 it K.
  2. Chase

Chase Active Member

I like it. We could have veteran players answering questions too, not just admins.
  3. Bluebreez100

Bluebreez100 Member

I like the idea
  4. AncientV25

AncientV25 LS13 Admin

Gibbed uses this. It's not bad.
  5. Mindtrixx

Mindtrixx Well-Known Member

Didn't we already have a mentor chat discussion thread and it went no where? We ARE talking in game "helpers" right?

Also I have no hate towards white lists, they are there for quality assurance.
    NoFaceMan likes this.
  6. Kneeskeysllama

Kneeskeysllama Well-Known Member

Maybe the people helping can be observers instead of people who play so that there isn't Metagaming or something...? I dunno...

I really really like the idea of helper chat and being to help new people!
    Kainen likes this.
  7. Chase

Chase Active Member

There should most definitely be "whitelisting" or whatever for finding helpers. And nah, you don't need to worry about metagaming. Admins have adminhelp and it doesn't mess with the round, we could find players we could trust with a little bit of power for this.
  8. Eluxor

Eluxor No one

+10 Points if I become one, I can be a bit douchy but thats just because I dont have anything to do when I am observing.
  9. Chase

Chase Active Member

This would give an opportunity for players who admins have deemed not currently worthy of having power enough to kick and ban, to still contribute to the community.
  10. Bluebreez100

Bluebreez100 Member

I think an application system for this would work.
    Chase likes this.
  11. Kneeskeysllama

So there'd be server helpers? Sweeeeeet~!
  12. JPR

JPR Well-Known Member

Would like. I haven't made an admin ap due to lack of time/SOULCRUSHING TERROR of responsibilities, but I would love this.
  13. Raptorblaze

Raptorblaze Head Coder Staff Member

The only whitelist hate is for whitelisted jobs ingame. My requirements for helpers would probably be just known skilled players and no ongoing issues they may pass on to new players.
    NoFaceMan and daddysds1 like this.
  14. TheDracheX

TheDracheX LS13 Coder Staff Member

I've said this before but I don't think I caught any attention, so yeah. All for it really.
    Chase likes this.
  15. Chase

Chase Active Member

Sounds like no negativity, and we have a coder who wants it...so.
  16. IMVader

IMVader Well-Known Member

Not trying to shut down the idea, but what is the advantage of asking here rather than in OoC?
    Flavo likes this.
  17. Kneeskeysllama

because people may be scared of people saying IC in OOC.
    QuantumWings likes this.
  18. Bluebreez100

Bluebreez100 Member

If you ask something like 'what does this blue r above my head mean' and if you're being serious, you just ruined the round if you ask it in OOC. however if you ask it to a player who is whitelisted, they wont metagame with the knowledge and they will keep it a secret while still providing answers
  19. Korey Humberland

Korey Humberland Active Member

Sounds great! CODE IT DRACHE
  20. daddysds1

daddysds1 Well-Known Member

Aye there is the issue of IC in ooc and such. and some questions will cross that line hench why i suggested the whitelist.

Dammit blue got to it before i did.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.