Implemented Healing Sting

Discussion in 'Code Feedback' started by Ahbahl, Apr 7, 2015.

?

Add?

1. Yes

80.0%
  2. No

20.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JPR

JPR Well-Known Member

Okay, I can see your point.
  2. Psyentific

Psyentific Well-Known Member

Yes, I know. You don't have to explain that to me, that's a point we both agree upon and one I've explained to numerous people.

What I'm saying is that a lot of traitor abilities (notably emag) have a lot of utility. They can be put towards uses that aren't griefing people; For example, I can emag a few crates for Cargo to gain favor-points with the Quartermaster. Or I could trade the RD a select few traitor items to boost his illegal tech, with the implicit assumption that I can count on some minor assistance or other from him. Likewise, I could trade the Captain a Revolver in exchange for a hand tele.

Changelings don't have that kind of utility; Their abilities revolve around themselves first, fucking other people second, and nothing else. Even their Absorb objective is basically telling them "Remove six people from the round." You cannot turn something like Dissonant Shriek or Cryosting towards a non-grief end. This healing sting is a step towards giving Changelings more utility, more tools that don't fuck people over. That means more options available to a changeling, and maybe I now have some reason not to immediately lynchgib a 'friendly' changeling.
    Ahbahl likes this.
  3. Keyword22

Keyword22 Well-Known Member

They don't have to have it, though. Antags don't need to relate in usefulness to the crew, because they aren't there to help the crew.

Changeling and crew are meant to be enemies, they can and probably will kill eachother first chance they get and there is no reason why they shouldn't, it's Space Station 13 a paranoia driven game, and choosing to trust a changeling or choosing to trust your friend ay be the biggest mistake you ever make. There are also many other ways to contain changelings other than gibbing, gibbing is the easiest and the most used but there are many other ways that don't involve taking the guy out of the round (put in permabrig cell with a welded vent) (put inside Xenobiology Test Chamber and activate the shield), wether or not people choose to that's another thing.
    Changelings also can go about their way without fucking anybody up, the boring way and less challenging way, using genetic peeps and corpses.
    They don't need to kill people, that's what makes them the unique antagonist they are, they only have to absorb DNA.

EDIT: I realized how far off we're getting from the point, which is the suggestion at hand. /tg/ medical system allows for instant heals with bruise packs and ointment, People surely won't opt to trust a changeling to help them.
    Flatoftheblade and PistolPete like this.
  4. Flavo

Flavo Well-Known Member

I know this is a old thread of something implemented, but i just had to fix a few things with screen_gen.dmi involving the health UI using the old version. please make sure your icons are up to date if you make an icon change to the game. Mention icons are edited as well.
    General_Battier likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.