Implemented Healing Sting

Discussion in 'Code Feedback' started by Ahbahl, Apr 7, 2015.

?

Add?

1. Yes

80.0%
  2. No

20.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ahbahl

Ahbahl Active Member

kadingir likes this.
  2. JPR

JPR Well-Known Member

Yesss. Now ling will be fun!
  3. Keyword22

Keyword22 Well-Known Member

Can you sting yourself..?
    What would be the use of this.
    Flatoftheblade likes this.
  4. JPR

JPR Well-Known Member

To give you something to do if you don't want to kill everyone you see?
  5. Ahbahl

Ahbahl Active Member

Code:
    /obj/effect/proc_holder/changeling/sting/sting_feedback(var/mob/user, var/mob/target)
        if(!target)
            return
        user << "<span class='notice'>We stealthily sting [target.name].</span>"
        if(target.mind && target.mind.changeling)
            target << "<span class='warning'>You feel a tiny prick.</span>"
            add_logs(user, target, "unsuccessfully stung")
        return 1
    Code:
        if(target.mind && target.mind.changeling)

add_logs(user, target, "unsuccessfully stung")
        return 1
    Nope, stings dont work on changelings. That said the healing sting costs more and heals slower than fleshmend. No point in stinging yourself with this. Its use? Well, its use is to heal others.
    kadingir likes this.
  6. Keyword22

Why would you want to heal people as a changeling, isn't the whole thing of antagonists to antagonize the round, if you wanted to use this for paranoia there's already a hallucination sting this just seems a bit pointless.

And I don't know this smells like it would be used to metabuddy and heal muh ingame bf so he doesn't die.. And as far as I know metabuddying is against the rules. Judging by the code you posted there, you can't sting other changelings so it's not even to team up.
  7. Ahbahl

Ahbahl Active Member

Well, traitors have an uplink and can give the stuff to others. So why can a traitor be Mr NiceGuy but lings cant?
  8. Keyword22

From a Roleplaying point of view Changelings are aliens with the sole objective to assimilate and destroy, while traitors are human beings brainwashed by the syndicate to perform their dirty work.
  9. Ahbahl

Ahbahl Active Member

Changelings are aliens which are able to form a human body and heal it but arent able to heal another human? Sure, assimilate and destroy. But a ling could heal others to play nice then feed a little more secure behind the scences.
  10. Jayce Wise

Jayce Wise Head LS13 Admin Staff Member

I personally don't see many practical applications for this, but I don't see many specific reasons to not add it.
  11. IMVader

IMVader Well-Known Member

Any reason not to heal toxic damage too?
  12. Ahbahl

Ahbahl Active Member

'Cause fleshmend doesnt heal tox either. Would be strange if the ling could heal tox for others but not itself.
    kadingir likes this.
  13. IMVader

Ahbahl likes this.
  14. Ahbahl

Ahbahl Active Member

15. IMVader

Usually when someone is dying and you have a hard time to heal him/her is because the damage is either toxins or cloning. You can insta-heal brute and burn in our code if you have a common medkit, and oxygen damage is by far the easiest to deal with.
  16. Psyentific

Psyentific Well-Known Member

WHY WOULD YOU WANT TO HELP SOMEONE AS TRAITOR
    JUST REVOLVER EVERYONE YOU SEE

WHY WOULD YOU EVER NOT GIB A CHANGELING
    THERE IS LITERALLY NOTHING THEY HAVE THAT DOESN'T FUCK YOU
  17. Keyword22

Thanks for misunderstanding my post and going ham on something I wasn't even remotely suggesting.
  18. JPR

JPR Well-Known Member

I don't think he did. That was the same impression I got from your post...
  19. Psyentific

Psyentific Well-Known Member

"Why would you want to heal people as a changeling, isn't the whole thing of antagonists to antagonize the round"
    "Why would you want to help anyone as a traitor, isn't the whole thing of antagonists to antagonize the round"
  20. Keyword22

Very well, Let me explain.
    Antagonists are in the game to provide a fun experience for everyone, including of course, themselves. The experience could be challenging or easy depending directly on the people around them, they are also provided objectives that they must accomplish, the objectives are merely guidelines and suggestion on what to do to cause havoc.

While yes, you may think friendly changelings and friendly wizards and friendly traitors are "fun" to have, they are indirectly prolonging a round/making it REALLY boring by literally not doing anything, it has to come down to a person robusting them and then said person gets called a "dick" oocly, this only applies to wizard though, the other case would be the guy who calls the shuttle. They usually only involve 2 people into their antagonistic ways. IF YOU ARE AN ANTAGONISTS THAT MEANS YOU HAVE A SPECIAL JOB, YOU ARE NOT A REGULAR CREWMEMBER.

However, a good stealthy traitor/wizard/changeling, can provide just as much "fun" as what you consider to be a "happy friendly traitor", by directly causing havoc they involve EVERYONE in the round be it by sparking a manhunt or solving the mistery of the guy who stole the nuke disc, and you may feel more satisfaction from dying a pretty cool death and having a nice story to tell, rather then "Oh today I got antag, I sat at the bar and chatted with my metabuddies about how I am actually a ling" . INVOLVING EVERYONE ENDS UP BEING REALLY FUN.

There are also those either dickish players or attention-seekers that will go about their way murdering everyone because that supposedly makes them the best at the game. I was not referring to these ones, at all. ANTAG STATUS SHOULD NOT MEAN LICENSE TO GRIEF

I mean this is Space Station 13, it's meant to be chaotic, it's the nature of the game.

This suggestion doesn't have many practical uses, as Jayce said, and yes there is no real reason not to add it.
    And I personally see it as giving the players a tool to go with the metabuddy and encouraging boring antagonist rounds.
    It's just that I'm thinking having too many garbage/useless features because there is no real reason not to add them will end up cluttering up and causing problems with the source, just like our Old LLASource.
    Flatoftheblade and PistolPete like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.