Greentext4Goodguys - Flavo Development, May 2015

Discussion in 'General' started by Flavo, May 1, 2015.

1. Flavo

Flavo Well-Known Member

Sorry, i was distracted with other games instead of working on NEW FEATURES. where were we?

Oh yes!

Station Assignments - A replacement for Task Manager and actually has a purpose when the round is over. I haven't got much started or concrete, feedback would be appreciated. The plan is simple when you join, whether it be by round start or late join a little "scorecard" is created in the game ticker. This "scorecard" will keep track of your assignments (set by department head/captain) for example, RD can assign "Get materials reached to level 7" to each scientist.

at the end of the round you can check your personal accomplishments, maybe screenshot all your awesome greentext and post it on the forums or something or other. Gotta work out a few design problems such as SO MUCH END ROUND DATA to sort through for everyone. one of the solutions is to make it so it only displays people alive on the shuttle/in the pods in the end round pop up. gotta get to centcom to report your findings right?

I'm thinking of linking the data with the crew manifest possibly through some sort of system so that you can change your job and access new assignments from it (or be fired and not show up as part of that department).

What i have right now is a tablet application to view assignments and some game ticker stuff. input?
    General_Battier and Mindtrixx like this.
  2. Ahbahl

Ahbahl Active Member

Pls have craptain take that fuckin disk to centcomm
    QuantumWings and Sweedle like this.
  3. Flahhh Personson

Flahhh Personson Well-Known Member

To tie the survival thing in with the rest, maybe focus it around having a specific item in your inventory. 'Have a Research Data Disk with Materials 7 on the shuttle', ETC. This also means that you can probably recycle some code from traitor/ling's Steal objective.
    Flavo likes this.
  4. Flavo

Flavo Well-Known Member

yes already was doing that
    [​IMG]
    General_Battier and Ahbahl like this.
  5. Jariahtoadsage

Jariahtoadsage LS13 Admin

Personally, and im not a coder so i dont know the difficulty level of this, but id just have a persons own specific round end green/red text display to that person. That would also encourage more forum traffic. I can see it now, Two hour shift with someone coming out with all the objectives complete. Or an antag that not only Greentext'd their antag role but Greentext'd their department as well.
  6. Flavo

Flavo Well-Known Member

Interface is complete, just need to add objectives for LITERALLY EVERYTHING. then add a interface to add said objectives.