Implemented Gold and uranium solidification

Discussion in 'Code Suggestions' started by JPR, Apr 20, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JPR

JPR Well-Known Member

A good botanist can get gold apples and glowberrys, which contain liquid gold and uranium respectively. We can already solidify plasma by adding iron and frost oil. Could we get this added with uranium and gold?
    Cody522, IMVader and Wuuufles like this.
  2. IMVader

IMVader Well-Known Member

I'd also make the solidification process easier, as getting frost oil is quite hard (never happens).
  3. JPR

JPR Well-Known Member

I'd be fine with leaving frost oil in, as it's easy enough to GET, there's just no reason to currently; I've made it, but you can't really DO anything with it.
    And I want the process to take 2 mutated plants rather than one so the R&D people can't just slap together some hydroponics trays and chortle over their UNLIMITED URANIUM (not actually that helpful :( )
  4. Cody522

Cody522 Well-Known Member

Welp. I'm stuck with github bullshit currently.

No solidifications for now.
  5. JPR

JPR Well-Known Member

Welp. I need a sadface button.
    :(
  6. Snow5445

Snow5445 Guest

can we just put all this shit on the station. And get rid of the whole process of mining. Because i have seen three times in what five years of ss13 RD get materials from mining and use them and do research
  7. JPR

JPR Well-Known Member

It's not OUITE that bad, but miners mining, NOT dying, and then delivering the materials in a round is rare. R&D also has to do the prep work, and then you need an armory-level ID to open the shooty stuff. Still, I think that this is a reasonable chain, but botany is done well SO much more frequently, and as it can make uranium and gold, would be nice to have able to supply a few sheets of those materials.
    QuantumWings likes this.
  8. Snow5445

Snow5445 Guest

Have you ever seen a legtimate gygax made?
  9. Flavo

Flavo Well-Known Member

10. Snow5445

Snow5445 Guest

You have not and you know it.
  11. Cody522

QuantumWings and JPR like this.
  12. JPR

JPR Well-Known Member

In my... 2-3 years onserver, I have made... 2 gygaxes (gygi?), one recently, and 2 durands.
    HOWEVER, in ALL FOUR cases, I had to go mining for the materials myself, and in 2 of the cases, it was EXTREMELY low-pop, so I had the needed time before shuttlecall.
    I have seen 7-8 other warmechs, and in 3 of THOSE cases, miners brought the materials, other 4 got it themselves.
    Gold and uranium being gettable onstation would not allow you to build mechs, as durand needs silver and gygax needs diamond. It would not allow you to build bluespace beaker "Hullbreaker" grenades or SMG's or laser cannons. It WOULD allow the advanced egun and x-ray laser to be produced (but x-ray REQUIRES a combat shotgun to be obtained first) and in both cases needs armory access to open.
    QuantumWings likes this.
  13. JPR

JPR Well-Known Member

I HAS A HAPPY! (Did you change the uranium/iron/clonex to something else so no uranium/iron EMP?)
  14. Cody522

*jumps back into github hell*
    JPR likes this.
  15. Raptorblaze

Raptorblaze Head Coder Staff Member

Commented something that needs fixing.
    Flavo and JPR like this.
  16. JPR

JPR Well-Known Member

*giggle*
  17. JPR

JPR Well-Known Member

Lemme go take a quick look at R&D and see if adding silver would HORRIFICALLY break anything... wait, the numbers there seem to show that a plant that blooms ONCE with like... 1 bloom would produce .5 sheets silver at max. Considering that this would unlock the DURAND for production, I am PERFECTLY fine with this.
    K. Silver would unlock the Ion rifle and magboots if allowed. Doesn't seem broken.
    (is the decloner an actual THING? Sounds cool as all get out.)
  18. Cody522

I made all the reactions require carbon instead of iron now. So it will all be in line with each other.

Having only two reactants for the EMP pulse was sort of a bad idea in the first place.

Yes the decloner is a real gun. It gives clone damage to people.
    JPR likes this.
  19. JPR

JPR Well-Known Member

thankyouthankyouthankyou

I've never seen the decloner ingame. Admin-only?
  20. Cody522

According to the code it's buildable in RnD. But the combat level may be impossible to reach.

req_tech = list("combat" = 8, "materials" = 7, "biotech" = 5, "powerstorage" = 6)

I also found out you can put flowers on your headslot. Kneesllama you better be excited.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.