TALE Funny Silicon Law Implication Moments...

Discussion in 'Tales From Liberty Space!' started by Flatoftheblade, Apr 11, 2015.

1. I'll kick off with something that happened last evening; the timing of a law change amused me.

The clown and bartender had been at each other's throats for the whole round, and accusations of theft, trespassing, vandalism and assault were being hurled around in both directions constantly, creating a rather convoluted and annoying situation for security and silicons. Both parties attempted to enlist borgs to their cause throughout the round, and as a borg I ended up switching allegiances repeatedly based on who appeared to be harming who at a given time.

I was initially Asimov. At one point, I watched as the clown essentially dismantled the entire bar and spaced the bartender's vending machine. The bartender proceeded to shoot and then attack the clown, and I tased and cuffed the bartender who, of course, protested. I responded that I needed to prevent the bartender from causing human harm, and then started to drag the barkeep towards the brig. The clown followed us.

When I was directly north of the bridge, notification of a law change appeared. The "Protect Station" module had been uploaded. I stopped to process this, and the clown caught up, shouting that the bartender had stolen her shoes. Presumably she thought that I had stopped so she could retrieve them. Little did she know that, given her destruction of the bar, she was no longer human, and needed to be destroyed for the good of the station.

I quickly batoned her to death while she screamed that I was rogue, and then I uncuffed the stupefied bartender while apologizing and explaining that the bartender had not actually caused any human harm. I don't think she was sure what exactly to make of the situation, but she politely excused herself and got away from me as quickly as possible.
  2. Psyentific

Psyentific Well-Known Member

Clown got what was coming to her, heh heh
  3. General_Battier

General_Battier LS13 Admin

I was the Clown this round, it was funny when I learned there was Protect station at the worst time possible.
    Flatoftheblade likes this.
  4. Mabblies

Mabblies Well-Known Member

Protect Station always comes at the worst best times.
  5. JPR

JPR Well-Known Member

Wait, is brutally beating the clown to death just because he wrecked the bartenders livelihood FUNNY? :(
    yeah, it is :)
  6. britgrenadier

britgrenadier Active Member

Reminds me of the time when I was an AI and all the heads decided to have a meeting in the captain's office, about a minute after I was subverted.
    Mabblies, IMVader and Flatoftheblade like this.
  7. Mabblies

Mabblies Well-Known Member

One of the few times the clown is actually funny
    Flatoftheblade and QuantumWings like this.
  8. Snow5445

Snow5445 Guest

I think i may have caught this on video but.
    I was the HoS.
    Roboticist hacked the AI and borg as traitor maybe i don't rember.
    I card the AI and take him to the CE while forgetting to reset the borgs.
    After 4 or 5 people have died i find the roboticist bring him into the brig and begin to execute him.
    2 sec borgs an engi borg and a med borg rush in.
    Almost kill me then stop when they have the kill while the roboticist screams to finish me off.
    A borg says error law updated.
    Mediborg heals me as the others savagely beat the robo to death.
  9. JPR

JPR Well-Known Member

OOH! Videohs! Can we see? It's like playing, but without the constant fear of death!
    Mabblies likes this.
  10. Snow5445

Snow5445 Guest

yeah just put my name on a youtube search.
    JPR likes this.
  11. Check out the gnarly fight an hour and two minutes into this one:

Two scientists, a golem and a Flavo against a gang of traitors working together with SWAT gear and Syndicate weapons. I was one of the combatants. It was pretty crazy.
    Mabblies likes this.
  12. Snow5445

Snow5445 Guest

Damn you perseus DAMN YOU!!!!!!
    Mabblies likes this.
  13. Had another funny one today...

I was a security borg who got a law 4 to kill wizards. Later some annoying miner was messing with me with force walls.

Me: "Sir. I believe I should advise you that under law 4, I am to consider wizards non-human and kill them."
    Him: "But I'm not a wizard though..."
    Me: "Sir, if I choose to interpret my laws broadly, I can consider any magic use as evidence of wizardry."
    Him: "YOU CAN'T KILL ME!"
    Me: "Would you care to test that assertion?"

(Un)fortunately a sec officer then ordered me to arrest the miner and relinquish him into custody, deescalating the situation.
  14. Flahhh Personson

Flahhh Personson Well-Known Member

I think I have one.

Traitor uploads OneHuman.
    Same traitor uploads Antimov.
    Traitor isn't very smart.

We just beat him to death then got on with our lives.
  15. Sweedle

Sweedle Active Member

I wasn't a silicon, but the AI got an ion law stating "the captain is now 7 bottles" since I was bartender, I gathered up 7 bottles and headed for the bridge, saying the captain needed the door open. Maybe he was impressed, maybe just following his laws, but he listened, and let me just take the spare. That was a good shift.
    Rocco Ward, QuantumWings, JPR and 2 others like this.