FlavoredCactus~'s Headmin Application

Discussion in 'Head Admin Applications (CLOSED!)' started by Flavo, Aug 13, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Flavo

Flavo Well-Known Member

I don't see anything wrong with anyone on the current team and i do not go out of my way to get people removed.
    I've done some things that i mentioned in my weaknesses and have been spoken to about them which i already covered in the application itself.
  2. Taicho

Taicho Director of LS13 Staff Member

Hello, folks. As nice as this lovely little soap opera is, I'd prefer we cease the personal attacks and resort to presenting genuine opinion and/or criticism regarding the candidate and application. This isn't your personal bitching hotline -- treat it like an application, not a means to rabble-rouse and insult. I understand yourself (Infernus) and Kokojo are a little anal about these not-so-recent events, but embarking on a rather obnoxious crusade to burn Cactus at the stake is awful and counter-productive. Please be a bit more reasonable about your arguments, and for the record, Senior Administrators know exactly what's going on, and when issues arise, with Flavo or any admin, it is dealt with accordingly, if not by a Senior Administrator, then certainly by Wellington or I.

Thanks.
  3. Infernus44

Infernus44 Well-Known Member

Just to clarify. I was instantly PM'd by him that I have something against him when I didn't support his app. This wouldn't be a problem if he didn't act like this before, and still acts like that. I've done nothing to him, he clearly has something against me. I just wanted to point it out here since he bails out of PM's if I say something to him.

I already spoke with Wellington and we resolved it quite nicely.
    I guess that this is final from mere in here.
    Taicho likes this.
  4. Flavo

Flavo Well-Known Member

i PM'd you (august 5th) a week before my application. Had nothing to do with my application which didn't exist at the time.
  5. Infernus44

Weird... That message came to me 2 days ago. I have a very outdated skype to reduce the CPU usage, that could be a problem...
    Sorry on that.
  6. Flavo

Flavo Well-Known Member

Delving back into the main topic:

I have appreciated all the comments on my application most notably the words of saint vicious, pistolpete, shitbirdCrow, and even kokojo.

Some of the big concerns are that i am just too new. It would be a bit weird if a senior did something and new guy flavo (who has only been around since January) were to talk to them about it which would quite frankly be a bit awkward. I do agree that i am a bit "young" in terms of how long iIve been admining here. To rectify this if given the position i would most certainly work with seniors and the deputies very closely. If there was an issue with a seniormin i would review it with the current deputies to make a decision on.
    Saint Vicious likes this.
  7. IMVader

IMVader Well-Known Member

1) I believe admins should also be players, to know and experience the player's point of view, so I like this answer. A point in the IMVader scale. +1
    2) This I do not approve, though I understand the concern. There should be, theoretically, no room for meta grudges. -1
    3) Security and Engineering? Do you ever play other roles? Head of staff ever?
    4) Please answer seriously.
    5) Sounds like a good answer to me. +1
    6) No room for improving? Nothing you disagree with?
    7) I've experienced your admining first-hand, so I didn't really need the answer. +1
    8) Can they completely ignore their duties, use their access to go to space adventures (CE, HoP, Cap), stand idly while a traitor murders and debrains an innocent person in front of them (Sec in general), choose which orders to follow and which not to follow as long as not directly harming humans (AI)?
  8. Cody522

Cody522 Well-Known Member

[​IMG] WHAT IS CODY CRAZY?

Zombie won't be choosing the person who gets the most support. He'll be making his own investigations into who will fit and depending if the applicant failed in following instructions. If they failed that's going to put them very low on his list. Some all ready have failed the instructions.
  9. LLA Don Zombie

LLA Don Zombie The Don Staff Member

I'll be making the decision based on a lot of factors, support being a low priority. It's nice to see who's popular, but popularity doesn't make a good leader necessarily. Following instructions is good though. Attention to detail can be important, but its only one quality. Also, this thread has become a bit of flamewar. Just letting you know, flaming here doesn't really change anything. Unless the goal is just to hurt flavo's feelings. Negative comments about applicants wont be considered. Constructive criticism isn't for me, its for the applicant. If your criticism isn't constructive you should perhaps ask yourself what your goal really is.

Just saying.

10. Infernus44

I'm not here to hurt anyone's feelings, I came here to explain to why I think that he isn't fit for this application.

I was trying to point out what his mistakes are, so he can see what to fix. I didn't want to start a flame war.

Maybe I did cross the line a bit, however, I'd still like him to answer one of my questions. The most important one that is:

I can guess that the same thing happened to Pikaman today

So, ever since I said that you push the limits of borderline IC game play, you kept trash talking on me and everyone else that agreed on it in the admin chat even today.​

By your response, it seems that you see no issues with talking bad things in admin chat, why is that?
  11. Flavo

Flavo Well-Known Member

I had witnessed a little spat between 2 of my friends and i attempted to mediate the two of them. you are acting on second hand information and no actual logs.. which you shouldn't have in the first place anyway as it took place in admin chat.
    What happens behind the scenes stays behind the scenes. Shouldn't have to be filtered because someone within admin chat decides to copy paste the logs to others. It's not like it is a press release or some sort of announcement to everyone. Same reason why we don't announce who has been banned because that is behind the scenes too, between us and that player.
    NoFaceMan likes this.
  12. MiziBooBoo

MiziBooBoo Guest

Welp, this is definitely a thread where non-mins have no say. Every one who is a non-min wants Cactus, but all Admins seem to wish otherwise. I'm thinking that the only reasons Admins may disapprove is because of things that only happened in Adminchat. I am in no way saying Cactus should be a headmin, as I still do not have an opinion, but what I can say is that I truly believe there may be some bias in some of these decisions, I won't deny some points are valid, because Cactus does seem to lack leadership capabilities, but I also believe that some of these Well-Argued statements and evidence are also backed with personal bias and agendas.
    Rocco Ward likes this.
  13. Cody522

Cody522 Well-Known Member

You got legato and lichling supporting him. Others feel he's lacking or don't like the new guy becoming their boss.
    Flavo likes this.
  14. MiziBooBoo

MiziBooBoo Guest

I think this could only prove my point even more, because i'm not even sure if Legatio and Lichling were ever directly involved with this kokojo business. Don't think that I mean anyone involved in that would have some personal bias against him, i'm just saying that is were some is derived from, there may also be other incidents. I think everyone eventually has a conflict with someone else, and Frio and Lich may just not have happened to have had those yet. Although, Frio is one of the admins I happen to know better, and he is a very forgiving person, and very intelligent, he may have had some rough pasts with Cactus, and easily forgave or overlooked it. If that be the case, I think that means Frio's testimony is the most unbiased and easily the most valid.

As for this.
    That's where this part of my statement comes in.
    What I mean is, seniormins may not like him trying to become a headmin because they may have their eyes set on it themselves, I mean, if I were them, I think -supporting would be the best thing to further my campaign, less competition after all.
  15. LLA Don Zombie

LLA Don Zombie The Don Staff Member

I thought I had cleared this up. Just to reiterate, negative (constructive/unconstructive) criticism wont be considered, and support will only play a very small role in the decision. It doesn't really matter if the support is from players or admin. You do have an opinion, and it will be taken into consideration as part of the the very small piece that support will play in the larger picture.
    NoFaceMan and TheJuicyFruit like this.
  16. Flavo

Flavo Well-Known Member

1) Thanks but to be honest it really doesn't matter if a admin is playing a lot or not at all
    2) To each there own.
    3) I do not like playing head roles because whenever i do its rev... and rev is no fun. HOS sometimes when i need to set a example.
    4) I cant exactly answer this because i do mostly everything i can think of with this game. You name it, i've done it.
    5) Thanks
    6) to add more rules is to add more restrictions, we are fine with what we have currently.
    7) uh ok.
    8) No they may not use there access and go on space adventures, they are expected to stay on the station.. however if the HOP wants to stay in his office and drink all day thats fine too. They arent exactly aiding they are just choosing there battles, i would not yell at them for not fighting but if they join in on the fight and help the traitor its a problem, AIs are expected to follow there laws, the higher laws taking priority over the lower ones.
  17. IMVader

IMVader Well-Known Member

3) I guess you've read by now my criteria on this in other threads. -1
    4) Ok, can't picture how your usual round is then. 0
    6) I see your philosophy there. My instance in neutral on the matter. 0
    8) What action would you take if the heads refused not to go out on space adventures (after you talk with them)? What if the AI ignored the orders of those it dislikes in favor of who he likes? In case you talked to it, what if it kept doing it regardless?

Last question:
    9) What is the consequence of outright lying to the admins? In several scenarios: to get away with punishment or to have someone banned, alone or with the aid of an OoC friend that will corroborate the appealer's lies, by inventing facts or by distorting what happened. Would lying receive a punishment on its own, act as a modifier of the sentence or be simply ignored by the admins as if it didn't happen? Please answer with both what you think should be the best for the server, and what you think is the current procedure/ruling on the case.
  18. Raptorblaze

Raptorblaze Head Coder Staff Member

We've discussed the details of this in private, but I do not feel you are stable enough to hold the position of headmin. You also feel the same about me though, so I guess we're even D:
    Cody522 likes this.
  19. John_Oxford

John_Oxford New Member

Ive read through some of this, and i agree Flavo plays by the rules, and only the rules. However. Regarding Ahelps. Gold. Me being a shitfuck and getting ahelped about it resulting in bans was 100% legit. I like to personally think it isent. But flavo has his shit together

I dont think we do this on admin apps but:
    I JOHN OXFORD, TAKE PARTIAL RESPONSiBLITY FOR FLAVORED CACTUS IN THE EVENT THAT HE IS HIRED.
  20. Keyword22

Keyword22 Well-Known Member

These apps are closed we already have a headadmin, you're months late boi.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.