FlavoredCactus~'s Headmin Application

Discussion in 'Head Admin Applications (CLOSED!)' started by Flavo, Aug 13, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Flavo

Flavo Well-Known Member

Byond Key:
    FlavoredCactus~
    Preferred Username:
    FlavoredCactus~
    Time with the LLA community:
    Since September 2013
    Time as Administrator:
    Since January 2014
    Current administrator rank:
    Primary
    Have you ever been banned, if so why?
    I have not been banned, but i have gotten some notes during the months of September to November
    Have you ever been terminated from the admin team, if so why?
    I have not been terminated nor demoted, although i have gotten some talking to about some situations.
    Tell me about yourself?
    I've never been one to really describe myself, most of yall already know enough. I enjoy 2d spessmens and admin for the LS13 server, i am very active and free. not sure what else to add that you all don't already know
    What are your strengths?
    I am very active, considerate, and patient when it comes to disputes between 2(or more) people. i can look at the issue at hand and come to a resolution that will hopefully please both parties.
    What are your weaknesses?
    I do not word my words how i should, I've been actively trying to fix that. I'd come off as condescending or like I'm the better person when that isn't my intention. When there are situations i am directly involved with i get irritated but i bring them to other higher ups so that the situations may be resolved with me having to fight with someone else... which i don't like anyway, we are all friends here.
    Why do you want this position?
    I've applied for positions to help out, to help improve this fine community as best i can. A good headmin has resigned and i just want to help fill in that hole and keep things running smoothly as it has since before i was even here. If given the position this does not make me the one in charge, it means taking input from the team and working with them for the betterment of the server in this fine community.
    What can you bring to this position that other candidates cannot?
    I'm sure other candidates can do what i can do but better, there is no doubt of that. I do not claim to be better then anyone. What i am willing to do is the job and duty and burden to keep this server going smoothly as it has been since the beginning.
    What is the LLA to you?
    Friends, a large group of friends who (mainly) play a 2D spessmen game. Some might not get along with each other but that's where other friend's(admins) try to mediate the issue and resolve it for both parties because at the end of the day we are all just friends enjoying the same game together.
    Have you ever been in a position of leadership in the past outside of SS13 administration, explain?
    No, this would be the first.
    Give me an example of a time you felt you went above and beyond the call of duty as an administrator?
    I'd be lying if i said i could remember a specific time. This isn't exactly going above and beyond but i did attempt to reach a player who really didn't want to be reached, tried to help him i even went as far as pager messaging him on byond when they logged off, however he told me he had no intention of changing and gladly accepted the punishment they were getting. i didn't reach them but i tried, i did more then i really should have.
    Have you ever been on a team where someone was not pulling their own weight? How did you handle it?
    Yes, sometime's depending on the situation its minor enough where i really just don't care, and put whatever i can with what i got into it. It can get exhausting but as long as it gets done in the end.
    Tell me about a time when you had to give someone difficult feedback. How did you handle it?
    Well this would be recently actually, i took some time to look into how i was acting and determined that i had been wording my words a bit wrong and coming off as condescending when that was never my intention, holding myself up like i am the best thing and better the everyone else. I've since reviewed how i was acting and are currently working on that. I do not mean to come off as how i came off. I'm not perfect, I try to do whats right.
    What is your greatest failure, and what did you learn from it?
    I took a job once in a local gyro shop, the owner and employees did not speak English that well and as much as i was willing to learn and work at this job making food. i ended up leaving day 2 because i just could not understand them and i kept messing up.
    What irritates you about other people, and how do you deal with it?
    I'm not gonna lie i get irritated when the problem is between me and someone else this is one of my weaknesses
    I think a solution to this is to never take anything personal to look at things from a outside perspective and as possible headmin that is something I'm going to need to do
    If I were your supervisor and I asked you to do something that you disagreed with, what would you do?
    If i didn't agree with you, i would review the protocols and regulations, check if the action you asked was within those regulations and if they weren't i would politely decline it and bring it to the higher ups if applicable.
    Have you ever had an assignment that was too difficult for you, how did you resolve the issue?
    Hard assignments are difficult and i normally put them off until the last minute when they need to be complete but i have not given up on major ones, i did most of my school assignments for my senior year in the last few months. sure time gets limited and the stress rises but i cannot truly feel peace until its done, and when it's done i feel good.
    How would you go about establishing your credibility quickly with the team?
    Well the first would be to make this application and address the concerns and issues i currently have (see weaknesses) and go about proving my credibility by sticking to what i say and sticking towards learning from my past mistakes.
    How long will it take for you to make a significant contribution to the team?
    Wouldn't really know how to answer this question, i would do what i can with what i have. i have time to be active and work on things, when issues come up despite what i said in my assignments post i would deal with them as soon as they arise as to not let things stack and stress which has happened in the past. get it done, get things moving.
    What do you see yourself doing within the first 30 days of this job?
    Work closely with the current deputies to make sure everything is as intended for LS13. Respond to issues as soon as i get them. check in often to make sure everything is running smoothly. Since i would be extremely new to this i would check in with the deputies and senior admins to make sure every decision is how LS13 was intended to be like.
    If selected for this position, can you describe your strategy for the first 90 days?
    Check in often to the server to make sure everything is running swimmingly check on the forums daily for abuse reports or inbox's with feedback, respond to everything as soon as i can but not rushed. work with the current trialmins. Near the end of the month i would review some of the logs from the month determine if there is any faults or good things i see and discuss with the current deputies and seniors if promotions are needed, if there is a lack of activity (lack of activity being no login in a entire month) message the inactive admin and determine why it is there in-active if real life hits, i would talk to them and ask them if they want to continue being an admin or if they need some time off to handle whatever there life hit them with. that would be repeated each month, although bi-monthly i would review the team as a whole determine if we applications need to be closed or opened, if activity is decent for the server.
    If you were an animal, which one would you want to be and why?
    A turtle, they have all the time in the world and nothing really much to do.
    If you could choose one superhero power, what would it be and why?
    The ability to stop time, like bullet time. to be able to take some time to plan out my next action or come up with a decision that i have otherwise no time to think about.
    Where is waldo?
    Located at the red circle below
    [​IMG]
  2. Hergest

Hergest Guest

Even though i've had my grudges with you, you're a great friendly admin, with a cool temper from what i've seen. I've been a huge cunt against you so many times. Yet you once took the time to show me some wonderful atmospherics mechanics after i ahelped regarding it.

He taught me stuff i didn't know after 3 years of SS13. And totally ignored the fact of how much of whiny little bitch i was.

You have my full support.
    Raptorblaze likes this.
  3. NoFaceMan

NoFaceMan Guest

HES DE BEHST FUR WAT AR U GHUYZ WAITIN!1!!!1
    Cacti is very good candidate i say and is very active. hes plant robot npc so yah
    ++++++1 shupord
    Misc question: what is your flavor?
  4. LemonSoup

LemonSoup LS13 Admin

Do you have any issues with LLA right now which you think you could help to rectify as a Head Admin? Would you consider yourself an active or reactive leader, and in what ways?
    Cody522 likes this.
  5. Flavo

Flavo Well-Known Member

LLA is fine as is, there is a bit of stagnation in progress that i feel i could help get back rolling.

Proactive, i'm more willing to work with the team on what i & them would want to happen rather then telling them what do. a wise man once told me "A commander belongs in the field with his troops rather then his office"
    Rocco Ward likes this.
  6. Cody522

Cody522 Well-Known Member

You're too modest.

FlavoredCactus~ strengths would also include a passion do to administrate as well as he can and more. He is impartial and has the important ability to empathize and view things from a different perspective. A much needed characteristic if flavoredcactus~ wants to be headmin, one that I think has been missing from quite a few admins. He means to find solutions when players are not meshing with the rules and get involved with them on it. Flavored~ has been striving to be the model admin that I have always looked out for and wished for. More admins should be like him, he does things that I've tried to tutor the trialadmins back in my day. To administrate like myself honestly.

Throughout this year flavored has been approaching me often whenever I've had major disagreement with admins and how they've been working. I believe the discussions have helped me at least in small ways even though at first I wasn't putting effort into them.

What did you learn from your greatest failure flavored~?
    TheJuicyFruit likes this.
  7. Flavo

Flavo Well-Known Member

Not to sign up for something i cannot handle, to consider everything before i commit to something. which i have done when applying for this position
  8. Cody522

How would you respond as a headadmin if I or other community members say administrators should talk more to players? To say something more than the short, curt, and seemingly uncaring response of "It's legit". Or if we want to know if people who griefed us have been givin proper administrative action rather than be told "it's dealt with"? Which could be taken that the griefers were let off without anything disciplinary or otherwise.
  9. Flavo

Flavo Well-Known Member

What happens between the admin and the player is between them and will not be revealed, I can assure you when a admin says "its dealt with" it means it shouldn't happen again, the situation was dealt with. When you see "it's legit" or "IC issue" that means that there was valid IC reasoning behind the players action and was determined to be an IC issue that admins should not intervene with. (I don't see a issue with telling you the IC reasoning when the round is over if you have concern)
  10. Cody522

Well I'm disappointed in that. I often have to ask repeatedly whether a person was justified or not in what they did and admins refuse to give a straight answer.
    QuantumWings and Flatoftheblade like this.
  11. CYBORZ

CYBORZ LS13 Iconner

Good admin, takes care of majority of the problems, finds ways to solve and actually help/guide the person to being better and usually is active when ever I'm on. You have my full support, good luck.
    Support +1 P.s. I like your signature/writing
    QuantumWings likes this.
  12. Support. Friendly, level-headed, hard-working and fair guy. Even though I seem to hardly ever agree with him on matters of policy.
    QuantumWings likes this.
  13. Rocco Ward

Rocco Ward Well-Known Member

This times x100. Before I give my support, I'm going to ask you a few questions but I'm short on time right now so it will be addressed in a future post.
    QuantumWings likes this.
  14. NoFaceMan

NoFaceMan Guest

15. RebelAmerica

RebelAmerica ForumGuard Staff Member

I can't support this, your attitude isn't exactly something I'd want in a Headmin.
  16. NoFaceMan

NoFaceMan Guest

Whay? State your argument plz
  17. TheDracheX

TheDracheX LS13 Coder Staff Member

This is a headmin application. Only because one is a good admin doesn't mean he'll be a good headmin. It's a leadership role. Can't really give my support either.
    Eluxor and Black Jack like this.
  18. Interesting, and I suspect that I'm not the only non-admin who would be curious about this. He is very friendly and approachable to the playerbase on the public side. No idea about the behind the scenes politics.
    QuantumWings, Hergest and NoFaceMan like this.
  19. Flavo

Flavo Well-Known Member

Probably this.
    NoFaceMan likes this.
  20. Pumpkin Man

Pumpkin Man LS13 Admin Staff Member

My oh my, I see a lot of negative support in this thread other than the community support.

Well Cactus, despite that I'm confident to say that out of all the admins you certainly have the most log ins for this past year. 15k+

Other admins may say that "being the most active doesn't matter" but for someone who's put forth that much time in a single year towards helping people in-game I think you deserve a shot just as much as any of the other admins applying.

I hope we can all take time to realize how much 15k is, even I only have 7k..he doubles me and I've done a lot in the past year.

Either way you have my +Support broskee.

Keep doing what you do and making the community a safe place even if you don't get the position, you're great at what you do.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.