Resolved Flaming via byond chat client

Discussion in 'Incident Reporting' started by Raipizo, Jul 30, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Raipizo

Raipizo Active Member

Your Character name/Byond Key: Mikhail Ivanovich/Raipizo
    Their Character name/Byond Key: NA/CoolGod1198

Date/Time of the incident: (7/30/16, 2:20 AM EST)

Short Summary: (I dismembered Obadiah after he was dead at round end as shuttle was arriving, Obi had long logged out since)
    Result you wish to see: (Note or other appropriate action )

Full Story: I logged on around 2 a.m to find the shuttle in shambles, bodies are everywhere and blood is everywhere. I call out for anyone to see if they are there and i hear nothing. I break into Captains seeking out his spare to call shuttle to end the round because i appear to be the only one alive. Coolgod proceeds to start a vote to call the shuttle and i obviously vote yes. Time goes by, about 4 minutes until shuttle. I admit i probably should have checked the "who" command before i did this but i knew Obadiah was not logged on (i checked who at the beginning of the round) and was deceased. I dismembered him with the fallen chaplains sword that lay next to his body and the chaplains. I figured i wouldn't be able to save him and there wouldn't be time to before shuttle arrived. I asked him if he knew Obadiah because he said he did and he proceeded to log out making me think he was just trying to get to me. I know Obadiah wasn't logged on, even if so i don't think he would be overtly angry if i used his body as a punching bag 4 minutes until shuttle.

Witnesses:
    (Obadiah Mayland)

Additional Information:
    screenshots. 1.png 2.png
    Last edited: Jul 30, 2016
    Obadiah Mayland likes this.
  2. Flavo

Flavo Well-Known Member

Seems like every report now a days is on coolgod... that should say something.
    QuantumWings likes this.
  3. Flat

Flat BANNED

The flaming complaint seems pretty clear cut.

But to clarify an apparent contradiction between the byond chat screens and your report: did you kill Obadiah while he was braindead, or just mutilate the corpse after he died of a cause unrelated to you?
    QuantumWings likes this.
  4. Raipizo

Raipizo Active Member

I logged on and literally everyone was dead. Obadiah was braindead. I mean maybe i was a little in the wrong but i don't think i was?
  5. Raipizo

Raipizo Active Member

Yeah i noticed that as well after i posted this one. He called me out on being new so i looked him up on the forums.
  6. Flat

Flat BANNED

So you did kill a braindead before round end?

Just FYI although coolgod was a dick about it, that actually is in fact against rules. I'm not suggesting action beyond informing you of this should be taken, but you can't kill braindeads just because the round is ending, they are your friends and you assume they would be okay with it, or some combination of those elements.
    QuantumWings likes this.
  7. Raipizo

Raipizo Active Member

Yeah i figured that much. He was already dead i mean. Not just standing there braindead but i understand.
  8. Flat

Flat BANNED

I am so confused right now.
    QuantumWings and Jayce Wise like this.
  9. Raipizo

Raipizo Active Member

Everyone was dead. I took chaplains sword to his dead body. So technically he was dead and braindead. Sorry for being so confusing it was a lot going on at once.
    QuantumWings likes this.
  10. Flat

Flat BANNED

LOL, alright, mutilating a corpse is fine insofar as server rules are concerned. Seems coolgood misunderstood the situation and thought you killed a braindead. So you did nothing wrong and coolgod was not just an ass about it but was wrong on point of fact.
    QuantumWings likes this.
  11. Raipizo

Raipizo Active Member

Thank you for sparing me Flat senpai. Thing is i think he may have known what was going on considering he was watching me and that it was a complete bloodbath around these two corpses. I dunno, i take it with a grain of salt considering the frequent reports i noticed of him.
  12. Flat

Flat BANNED

Ha, I just noticed a discrepancy between the report and the screens and wanted to clarify the situation both out of personal curiosity and in case the admins missed it. No criticism warranted.
  13. Raipizo

Raipizo Active Member

Fixed.
  14. Flat

Flat BANNED

Naw, the discrepancy wasn't and isn't because you wrote anything incorrect; it's because what coolgod described in the messages to you doesn't actually align with the facts of the situation (which you reported).

Anyways, my apologies, I'll shut up now and stop spamming your report.
  15. Raipizo

Raipizo Active Member

Oh hah. Yeah he wasn't in the game with me i think he was watching me. It's no problem at all.
  16. Felix Feufer

Felix Feufer LS13 Admin

With Flat seeking the clarification that this was a DEAD body that you mutilated, it makes this a pretty clear-cut case. I'll see what I can do about speaking to Coolgod, and I'll get back to you ASAP.
  17. Raipizo

Raipizo Active Member

Thank you.
  18. Felix Feufer

Felix Feufer LS13 Admin

Hey Raipizo, I've tried to get a hold of Coolgod, however I've had no such luck. Seeing as he is currently banned from OOC, he's more or less using the BYOND client to circumvent the OOC ban. I will be issuing a 7 day's ban, for the flaming, the circumvention, as well as the history.

Resolved.
    Mabblies and Flat like this.
  19. Felix Feufer

Felix Feufer LS13 Admin

Alright, while in the process of placing the ban, Coolgod happened to be online at the time so I talked to him about this, seeing as I didn't think it would be fair to issue the ban when I had the opportunity to hear his side of the story.

We've reached an agreement, and instead of the week ban, he's been told not to use the BYOND client to circumvent OOC ban, or else I would instate the 7 day's ban immediately.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.