February 2016 Community Liaison Election

Discussion in 'Community Liaison Apps' started by Raptorblaze, Feb 25, 2016.

?

Vote for your Community Liaison!

Poll closed Mar 1, 2016.
  1. Ahbahl

2.6%
  2. Devon

51.3%
  3. Flat

28.2%
  4. Mindtrixx

2.6%
  5. Obadiah

10.3%
  6. Raptor

5.1%
  1. Raptorblaze

Raptorblaze Head Coder Staff Member

Final Tally
    [​IMG]

Since it obviously wouldn't be fair to take the top 5 and pick between Mind and Ahbahl, both will be in this poll.

RULES

You may discuss and debate as much as you like here. Each of the candidates is encouraged to make their own thread to answer any relevant questions from the community directly. A final decision will be posted once the poll closes. All votes are public to allow me to detect vote manipulations.
  2. Rekiin

Rekiin Active Member

the votes are already devon at 17, kek
    LoneWolfSyndrome likes this.
  3. Flat

Flat BANNED

Yes, and you didn't even get 1 "like" to justify being in the official vote. Does it make you feel better after that to come here and basically post "top kek, Devon pwnd everyone?"

Don't get me wrong, once Devon put his hat in I knew how this would go, I'm fine with it, and there is no shame is losing to an excellent candidate with a track record of performing well in similar roles. I would just like to call you out on the unproductiveness of your commentary here which serves no purpose but trying to make other candidates feel bad and stir up shit.
  4. Flat

Flat BANNED

Anyways, I think the concession speech is in order.

Devon will be great for this role, few people can doubt that. I would like to extend my congratulations to him, and also like to thank Raptorblaze for proposing and conducting this whole thing and to everyone else for their consideration. It's nice to see reforms intended to add some transparency and accountability to the process, and I hope this is the first in a series of them. I've heard and agree with some criticisms of this position but in my mind it's only a positive step even if one could argue that more could be done.

Once Devon stepped up I knew the score; he's been around longer, he's less controversial, and he has a great track record as a staffer and contributor in various roles. Nonetheless I am touched by some of the votes I got, both because a number of people actually running for this position voted for me, and even outside that some people that really respect here surprised me by giving me their votes when I would have anticipated they would go to Devon.

Thanks everyone, it's been fun.
  5. Devon

Devon Well-Known Member

Thank you Flat, you're very kind. My vote went to you, and there is a reason for that. I believe you would do a fantastic job as the liaison, and I respect you greatly :) Your responses in your application demonstrate the kind of liaison you'd be, and I'd be comfortable with that kind of guy representing me.

I'm surprised the results are what they are, especially with the activity Flat and Mind have put into their applications versus my inactivity with illness and vacation. I'm very happy to have the support I do, though :D You guys make me smile. I think this position is a step in the right direction for the LLA source, so it is nice that so many people think I'd do alright, but the messages people sent me showing their support definitely made me happy while I was sick. I really appreciate it :D
    I should be back on Sunday night, and I'll chime in a bit more :D thanks again guys!
    QuantumWings and Wuuufles like this.
  6. Its hard to choose. Everyone on the elections are so nice. No matter what I know a good decision is going to be made.
    Devon and Obadiah Mayland like this.
  7. Devon

Devon Well-Known Member

You can't go wrong. I'd trust anyone up there to do a great job.
  8. Raptorblaze

Raptorblaze Head Coder Staff Member

Well I should wait the two hours but I think it's safe to say Devon won. All Hail your new Supreme Overlord Community Liaison!
  9. Obadiah Mayland

Obadiah Mayland Well-Known Member

Congrats Devon! Best of luck to you, friend :D
  10. Devon

Devon Well-Known Member

Thanks guys :D I really appreciate the support!