Archived Emergency Spess Suits in every Department

Discussion in 'Code Suggestions' started by Rekiin, Apr 13, 2015.

1. Rekiin

Rekiin Active Member

Not everyone gets space suits. Just heads. And me, they guy who broke into EVA, BUT THATS TEDIOUS! give every department 1 or 2 space suits, and make it so every head gets a space suit, it makes traitors jobs easier, and also the crews, Science space suits, 1 more medical hardsuit, Engineering doesn't need them, command does need them, Cargo should get some, its an overall good idea.
    kadingir likes this.
  2. kadingir

kadingir The Guide

Security has two, engineering has four, medical has one, captain has one, eva has six, cargo has three.

It was nice when science had a space suit.
    QuantumWings likes this.
  3. Devon

Devon Well-Known Member

We don't need this even a little. There are enough suits.
  4. JPR

JPR Well-Known Member

We have enough suits now that every department that needs them has at LEAST one (medbay DOES need a suit :) ).
    kadingir likes this.
  5. Psyentific

Psyentific Well-Known Member

^^
    If anything, we need less hardsuits. If you want space to be generally accessible to crew, that throws a lot of map balance (Secure Tech, Armory, Perma) into question. With that said, I'd like to see people regain the ability to eat and drink while wearing masks; Doing so would allow a combination of items to function as a ghetto space suit.
  6. Any decent Asimov silicon player should be bolting open EVA as soon as the situation justifies it (hull breaches, xenos, etc). This renders the access question moot, when there is actually reason for people to have space suits. I am strongly against them being immediately accessible to most of the crew at round start with no reason, though.
  7. daddysds1

daddysds1 Well-Known Member

alt title : Remove spess suits from medbay because it's engis job to get bodys out of space and they do there job 100% allready .

Oh wait

Better suggestion just give comptent players spess suits :cool:
    QuantumWings likes this.
  8. Flavo

Flavo Well-Known Member

no
    PistolPete likes this.
  9. PistolPete

PistolPete ForumGuard Staff Member

Rekiin, you and Terezi have got to start suggesting things that are better for overall gameplay, not just things that give everyone more of everything.

With the hardsuits, the idea is that they're not readily available, which gives them value. Not every crewman needs one. Emergency suits aren't really that useful, since there's almost always a pressurized compartment to retreat to.

If you want to have a hardsuit, be an Engineer or Atmos Tech. Please be a competent version of both.
  10. Felix Feufer

Felix Feufer LS13 Admin

Firesuit, gas mask, O2 tank, ghetto space suit.
  11. Rekiin

Rekiin Active Member

This is my first suggestion...
    kadingir likes this.
  12. Obadiah Mayland

Obadiah Mayland Well-Known Member

YOU DON'T DARE TAKE AWAY MY HARD WORK OF GETTING US A MEDICAL HARDSUIT BACK
  13. daddysds1

14. Obadiah Mayland

Obadiah Mayland Well-Known Member

Well for one, They don't ALWAYS do that, and you cannot count on them too. ALSO in emergency scenarios, such a suit may be needed. ALSO
    WHO'S SIDE ARE YOU ON?! DID YOU NOT VOTE YES FOR THE REIMPLEMENTING OF MEDICAL HARDSUITS? honk ^.^
    IMVader likes this.
  15. daddysds1

I only voted yes because i know how shitty my staff is.
    IMVader, JPR and Obadiah Mayland like this.
  16. Moiderer

Moiderer Member

If i had too say anything thing about this, i would like it if instead of full-on-spacesuits they got a different type of "emergency suit" that instead of being full-on space proof would just give you a "better" defense against space, but not quite space proof but good enough for you to make a run from say the bridge to med-bay or something of the sort.
  17. JPR

JPR Well-Known Member

Like a firesuit? Or just an airtank?
  18. Moiderer

Moiderer Member

More like...i can't really think of an example besides for a budget space suit it would protect from the cold or the pressure but not ALL the way so people don't just grab them and bail out of the station or stuff like that.
  19. JPR

JPR Well-Known Member

Mmm. For the distances you're saying, like from medbay to escape... you SHOULD be able to make that in a run with an air tank.
  20. Moiderer

Moiderer Member

well you could but you have to factor in if they were always injured and the such, the suit would slow you down but reduce more of the damage from space while still letting you take damage so everyone doesn't just ALWAYS sit outside the station the whole round while wearing them but still increasing your chances against space, but if you want a better idea imagine from arrivals to escape with the station being ripped apart by singuloth or something of the sort.