Dwarf Fortress - Attempt Two: THE SUCCESSIONING

Discussion in 'Community Play Dates!' started by Jayce Wise, Dec 30, 2013.

1. Jayce Wise

Jayce Wise Head LS13 Admin Staff Member

If we do this, we ought to go fullstop hardmode, else this will take forever and likely be abandoned
  2. Rocco Ward

Rocco Ward Well-Known Member

What do you mean?

And I think a regular fort takes a month or two to finish? (unless you're some kind of master DF player)
  3. Jayce Wise

I mean each player should try to go for as difficult a fort as they can, so that it is less likely that each person will take an entire month.
  4. Rocco Ward

Sounds good.
  5. Cody522

Cody522 Well-Known Member

So, tips for keeping most of your dwarves under the surface and out of harms way?
  6. Jayce Wise

Burrows, the orders menu, and closing the gate
  7. Cody522

Cody522 Well-Known Member

Vague answers like that is a reason why there are quite a few things I still don't know about dwarf fortress.
  8. Jayce Wise

The truth is that your dwarves will always be assholes no matter what. There are a few ways to generally guide people to where you want them, but you can never be sure. I'm sorry, but in all my time playing DF I honestly can't say that I have found a way to be in charge of my fort instead of it being the other way around.
  9. daddysds1

daddysds1 Well-Known Member

Hurry up and do another game.
  10. PistolPete

PistolPete ForumGuard Staff Member

Define the burrows and assign dwarves into them. They will starve and die of thirst before leaving that burrow then.
    Orders will allow you to cancel jobs.
    Military orders to squads can allow you to quickly move many dwarves all at once.
    Post an animal near a gatehouse, and have an airlock set up so that you can lock the gate as soon as bad guys show up.
  11. Rocco Ward

I feel as if it's about time for another succession fort. I would make another thread but my internet is cut atm. (Using limited iphone access). Ideally we should use the same map but a different location. People will be able to signup but those who didn't have a turn on the last fort take priority in line.
  12. daddysds1

daddysds1 Well-Known Member

BUT DF HAS CHANGED SO MUCH AND I CAN'T FIND MY OLD TEXTURE PACK :(