Dwarf Fortress - Attempt Two: THE SUCCESSIONING

Discussion in 'Community Play Dates!' started by Jayce Wise, Dec 30, 2013.

1. Kainen

Kainen Fabulous-min

You're a fort, I'm a goblin, and I'm about to go straight deep into you through your main entrance ;).
  2. Chaznoodles

Chaznoodles Well-Known Member

We going to rollback then?
  3. PistolPete

PistolPete ForumGuard Staff Member

Absolutely not. The fortress is dead, start a new one.

LOSING IS FUN
  4. Eluxor

Eluxor No one

dislike.
  5. PistolPete

!!LOSING IS FUN!!
    zt107 likes this.
  6. Eluxor

Eluxor No one

Sometimes, But this was epic, And it shall continue.
  7. Kainen

Kainen Fabulous-min

Indeed. Maybe another branch with a new fortress? Or maybe an adventurer should go and find the fortress' remains.
  8. PistolPete

Here's the beauty of it. It's only worthwhile if you place stock in its value. If you restart the fortress over and over, then the actual actions you take don't really matter that much. That's how I first learned not to save scum everything.

Go forth and start a new epic. Choose a different location. Choose a different Dwarven civilization.

Strike the Earth.
  9. Rocco Ward

Rocco Ward Well-Known Member

Make sure you use the same save file though. That way we keep of all the fortresses on the same world.
  10. Cody522

Cody522 Well-Known Member

Thinking back on it now, the general of the goblin civilization was there, I could have used the remnants of our marksdwarves to shoot at him.
  11. zt107

zt107 Well-Known Member

Isn't there a reclaim fortress mechanic to DF?
  12. daddysds1

daddysds1 Well-Known Member

Reclaiming is bad Because fucking goblins are still there or undead ( depends on how your fort died what is there when you reclaim it)
  13. Cody522

14. Jayce Wise

Jayce Wise Head LS13 Admin Staff Member

Did you finish your year? If so, I am going to have my turn. WE CAN BRING THIS BACK. RESTARTS ARE FOR ROOKIES AND RECLAIMS ARE FOR PUSSIES. NEVER ABANDON! NEVER SURRENDER!
  15. Cody522

What? No the fortress was beaten. A siege came right at the end of spring and killed everything. The bridge wouldn't even retract.
  16. Jayce Wise

Is the fortress still alive in that save? I AM GOING TO BRING THIS BACK
  17. Cody522

No. It's dead, gone, defeated, conquered, destroyed, vanquished, obliterated, overrun.

Have you ever lost a fortress before? There is nothing to load.
  18. Rocco Ward

Eluxor likes this.
  19. Jayce Wise

I am going to try an alternate reality from the last surviving moment. WE WILL SUUUURVIIIIIIVE (lets start a new fort)
    Kainen likes this.
  20. Rocco Ward

Here is what I propose:

Instead of playing a new succession fort immediately, I think we should all take a break for a few months. In the meantime, people should take turns (if they want) of adding to the history of the world by playing a fort by themselves. So instead of a one year succession event switch, you play from start to finish and then pass it on to the next person.

Thoughts?

PS - The turn order for a full-fort succession would need to be made, because players saves would conflict with one another. (ie. Cody and Jayce trying to play the same turn == save conflict, you can do one or the other, not both)
    Chaznoodles, Eluxor and Jayce Wise like this.