Dwarf Fortress - Attempt Two: THE SUCCESSIONING

Discussion in 'Community Play Dates!' started by Jayce Wise, Dec 30, 2013.

1. Jayce Wise

Jayce Wise Head LS13 Admin Staff Member

Here we are once again gentlemen, preparing to go full-beard into the abyss.

This time we are going to do it succession style, and get the fuck over it if you don't know how to play (we won't make it to your turn anyway [You know who you are, whoever I am speaking to {I know who you are too}]). I am claiming first turn, and each turn will last one year. I don't give a kobold's ass if you are just in the middle of something, when Spring rolls around you pack your shit and move out of the office. With all that said, lets get down to business:
    • Who wants to sign up for overseer duty? - list below
    • Who wants to just claim a beard and watch from the sidelines?
    • Where should we embark? - Embark done
    • What should we bring with us? - Embark done
    • Mods or no? - No mods (LNP available though)
    • How much time should be devoted to dancing? - All the time
    • Do you gentlemen have any bets lined up for how long we will last? - We are lasting till the dancing stops (which is never)
    Well, you all know what to do! Start giving me something to work with and we should have a fort running withing the next day or so! And one last thing regarding turns, we will set up more solid time limits as we progress, but for now we should all try to pass off our shit within three or four days at the longest. If you can't take your turn when it rolls around you can switch turns with the person after you (so that people aren't scared to give up their turn because it would force them to the back of the line, as so often happens with these things).

AND MOST IMPORTANTLY. WHAT IS OUR GLORIOUS NAME!?

Templemountain the God-Forsaken Peak!!!

Current Info:

DFMA Link

Turn list so far (contains links to posts for completed turns):
  2. Cody522

Cody522 Well-Known Member

So we'll actually have people who will want to do a succession game this time?
  3. PistolPete

PistolPete ForumGuard Staff Member

No dancing until the 5th year. May Armok have mercy.

Also, no mods, except for lazynoobpack. I claim the first beard. Make me a miner.
  4. PistolPete

I have always wanted to do a succession game.
  5. Jayce Wise

Aye, succession or bust. Also I may explode from lack of dance.
  6. Spades Slick

Spades Slick LS13 Admin

I wish to claim a beard and hang out on the side lines for i seem to fuck up alot.
  7. Theodysseygamer

Theodysseygamer Active Member

No mods, cus most people arnt accustom to them probably, the settling place should be up to you jayce, equipment should also be up to you but with advice on what to bring, shit loads of dancing, I'd like a dwarf named odyssey and finally I can take the fort on also long as people dont mind that im not experianced with late game stuff and setting complicated machines up, I can do most of the other stuff, better practise a bit to get used to df again :D
    Also I dont mind where we settle so long as its not an aquifer as I have zero experiance with them.
    EDIT: by no mods I meant lazy newb pack :p
  8. PistolPete

I'm a fair hand at set, up implementation of efficient design, and designs of certain machines. I would be more than happy to help on this.
  9. Theodysseygamer

Could we also use the advances pparameter set up to make thousands of titans ans megabeasts?
  10. Chaznoodles

Chaznoodles Well-Known Member

LNP! I'm happy to be a part of the succession fort overseer line.

I claim the third beard, being the brewer/cook!
  11. Theodysseygamer

Also I dont care what we do, I will be exterminating the elven race.
  12. Jayce Wise

Aye, I was messing around with advanced settings earlier and have a pretty good grasp of it (but I'm not touching the temperature settings)
    PLotkarz likes this.
  13. PLotkarz

PLotkarz Member

BUT IT'S SO SHINY...
  14. Jayce Wise

Ok, so - turn list so far:
    • Me
    • Odyssey
    • Pete
    • Chaz (?), Cody(?) (couldn't tell if either of you were signing up for overseer duty)
    It sounds like people want LNP - I haven't used it before but I'll go ahead and start up the save with it (though I am going straight ascii + in-game menus because I'm an old motherfucker). Anything else I should know before I fire it up?
  15. Chaznoodles

Chaznoodles Well-Known Member

Aye, I'm signing up, if you'll have me.
  16. Jayce Wise

17. Rocco Ward

Rocco Ward Well-Known Member

DON'T FORGET ME!

:D
  18. Kainen

Kainen Fabulous-min

LeHonque shall sign up.
  19. Jayce Wise

Please specify overseer or just dorf when you sign up
  20. Rocco Ward

Rocco Ward Well-Known Member

Both.

And I vote for pure vanilla. I love ascii!