[Denied]UltimateLegend22's Admin app

Discussion in 'Admin Applications' started by UltimateLegend22, May 9, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. UltimateLegend22

UltimateLegend22 New Member

Byond Account:
    UltimateLegend22
    Character Name(s):
    Mason Tireman
    Ethan Ackerley
    AI Name(s):
    C.h.i.p
    AI_OS 3.1
    Have you ever used a different BYOND key on our server? If so what was it and why:
    No
    Timezone:
    Central
    Active hours:
    5 p.m. - 7 p.m.(on Saturdays i'll be on from 11 a.m. - 10 p.m.)

Experience:

Are you familiar with LS13's rules?
    Yes , there 10 rules not counting 1.1, 4.1, 4.2
    How long have you played SS13?
    about 1 year.
    How long have you played LS13?
    longer than 6 months
    How much do you know about SS13 (/tg/ build) game mechanics?
    I know everything , but genetictist.
    Do you have any experience as an administrator for SS13?
    No, but i know the basics of being an admin
    Do you have any experience as an administrator on anything else?
    Yes, i used to be an owner for a server on a different game
    If yes, what did you have to do do?
    I had to manage the whole server and make sure no one ever griefed
    Have you ever worked in a team before?
    A lot . When i was owner i had other owners helping me decide their punishment.
    What are the qualities of a successful team?
    communication is KEY

Personality:

Why do you play SS13?:
    To have fun.
    Why do you play LS13?:
    To have the best time because it is the best server
    What do administrators do?:
    They make the experience on the server the best.
    Why do you want to be an administrator?:
    To make sure everyone has fun , but also punishing those who need it
    What qualities make a good administrator?:
    communication with other admins
    running a server or being a admin on another game
    What qualities make a bad administrator?:
    No communication at all
    and starting a server punishing anyone who gets on
    What are your strengths?
    I do great communicating
    I give the right punishment for the thing they did wrong.
    I will make the experience better for everyone
    What are your weaknesses?
    I really don't like people who don't work together with other people (if you call this a weakness)
    How do you overcome these weaknesses?
    I talk to other admins or mods to get what they think on it
    How well do you handle stress, anger, or insults?:
    I just go on and keep playing. I don't rage and ban or kick them

Open Response:

Please answer each question with at least three sentences.

You're administrating on the server when you get an ahelp that Player A has been griefed by Player B. You open the attack logs and see that player B has hit player A many times with an oxygen tank putting them into critical. What do you do from here? Why did you choose to take that course of action?
    I make sure they are not a antagonist. If they are i let them carry on. If they are not an antagonist i will kick then ban them. It is just the right thing to do as an admin of SS13.

You're in a debate with a fellow administrator in the admin chat. You're pushing for an idea that you feel passionate about, but they keep shooting your idea down at every turn and the disappointment/anger is rising. How do you handle this?
    I would go on and play the game. If they want to bring it back up i would call another admin to settle the debate.
    If he doesn't agree with either of us . We wouldn't talk about it again.

What does it mean to be an administrator for our server?
    It would be great experience and i think i would make things a lot better for the server.
    I would like to do this because I DON'T like people who grief or make people experience worse.
    It is just horrible for someone to leave the server when it is such a great server

Which is more important for a community: rules or principles? Why?

Both rules and principles are the same thing. They are there for a reason.To keep the gameplay on the server the best.
  2. UltimateLegend22

In this sentence , when i said owner the second time i meant co-owners.
    "A lot . When i was owner i had other owners helping me decide their punishment."

Sorry for misprint
  3. Flavo

Flavo Well-Known Member

First of all I'd like to thank you for applying and wanting to help out the server as best you can.

I cannot support this application based on what I can see in this application alone. Your described style of admining seems primarily focused on punishment and punishment alone. It is the LS13 admin's job to ensure the play is fair and friendly and to help those along the way achieve that. We are not here to punish but bans do happen, the bans are not punishments. Instead they serve as a last resort when we cannot help the player and have to remove them for the sake of the others. Like you said:
    and part of that is communicating with the person offending.
  4. Devon

Devon Well-Known Member

I can't support this application because I've never seen you before, but I'm willing to change my mind if I get to know you better later.
    Additionally, I apologize if this comes off as rude, butI have an age bias in this sort of matter. I feel like there is such a thing as, "too young" to hold an administrative position, but there are certainly outliers at the age of 13 who could be mature and level headed enough. I always hesitate to look at a young person's application in that light, but once again, I don't know you, so you might be just fine in the maturity scale for all I know.
  5. daddysds1

daddysds1 Well-Known Member

Pretty much was devon said.

No idea who you are the age does not bother me simply because i know alot of young mature people.

Best bet is let people get to know you on the server/fourms and re apply i'll keep an eye on you when i can.

-Neutral for now.
  6. Devon

Devon Well-Known Member

http://www.llagaming.net/forums/threads/denied-ultimatelegends-admin-application.3453/

I notice the only other time you have posted on the forums was a denied admin application in January. You've had time to be active in the community, but it looks like you went silent long enough to put in another application. In addition, I notice your age there is listed as 18 instead of 13. I'm a little confused.
    I'll have to settle on my lack of support.
    Flavo likes this.
  7. UltimateLegend22

On my other one i had a misprint and my age was it. When i did my application my keyboard messed up and when i put 13 it put 18 for no reason. Sorry about the confusion
  8. Flavo

Flavo Well-Known Member

That reasoning sounds far fetched.
  9. ...this whole application just makes me sad and others have said much that I agree with but won't belabor.
    Devon likes this.
  10. UltimateLegend22

It does but i'm not lieing i have an old Computer that can still play games and my keyboard messes up a lot. What is crazy that sometimes i even have to restart my computer to get it fixed
  11. Rekiin

Rekiin Active Member

8 Posts don't seem like alot, I DEFINITELY didn't see you alot even when I wasn't banned... same thing with what others said.
    Not that I don't think your a bad person, but your account says 18 your admin app says 18 -support
  12. AncientV25

AncientV25 LS13 Admin

This application is very barebones, and disappointing. I have never seen your ckey or character names, apart from your previous application.
    Devon likes this.
  13. UltimateLegend22

I have been on. I guess you haven't been on when I've been on. I don't really know what to say but other than i have been on.
  14. Devon

Devon Well-Known Member

Someone with logs could confirm this. Anyway, even the mythical num pad doesn't have an 8 next to a 3. I'm hard pressed to believe that happened twice.
  15. cheif264

cheif264 LS13 Admin

I would stay neutral for now since I haven't seen you on really but will keep my eye out for your name.

Open Response:

Please answer each question with at least three sentences.

You're administrating on the server when you get an ahelp that Player A has been griefed by Player B. You open the attack logs and see that player B has hit player A many times with an oxygen tank putting them into critical. What do you do from here? Why did you choose to take that course of action?
    I make sure they are not a antagonist. If they are i let them carry on. If they are not an antagonist i will kick then ban them. It is just the right thing to do as an admin of SS13.

While I know these questions are complete opinion based on what you would do I would like to ask you myself if you don't think your being a little too harsh based on this situation as Cactus said before it does make it seem like you focus a lot more on punishing people then being forgiving which is alarming to me a little.
    Raptor and General_Battier like this.
  16. Saint Vicious

Saint Vicious LS13 Admin

Great to see you're still keen to help the server as an Administrator. When Taicho denied your previous admin application he asked that you involve yourself more in the community before applying again. Unfortunately I don't believe you've followed his suggestions and the application is once again very bland. Taicho's words from your previous app are still very much relevant here.

Jayce Wise, AncientV25 and Flavo like this.
  17. UltimateLegend22

Okay sorry I didn't see that on my last application , sorry
  18. Raptor

Raptor Well-Known Member

My suggestion?
    When we tell you to get more involved with the community, we don't just mean playing on the server. We mean making a name for yourself here.
    Talk in OOC. Be more active on the forums. Make some friends, and let us get to know you more. Then we can work from there. But as of now, I can't support this application either.
    Hope to see you around more.
    cheif264 likes this.
  19. General_Battier

General_Battier LS13 Admin

*Doesn't log on for a month* Yeah, I cant support this, reasons seeing how you kinda just disappeared, as well as I don't see you on the server ever either.
  20. Saint Vicious

Saint Vicious LS13 Admin

Enthusiasm is great to see in players that want to help the server but as was said earlier you've failed to follow advice from your previous application, as such, this application too is denied.

Should you wish to re-apply and look for a successful result it's necessary to get involved in the community, being more active on the forums and sever OOC chat is a great way to do this. This should also help with understanding our sever rules and how our administrators conduct themselves here.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.