[Denied] Rekiin's Admin Application

Discussion in 'Admin Applications' started by Rekiin, Apr 10, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rekiin

Rekiin Active Member

Byond Account:Rekiin
    Character Name(s):Rin Okumura, Shiro Fujimoto, Gavin Free, and Steven Anthony
    AI Name(s):NotAMalfAI
    Have you ever used a different BYOND key on our server? If so what was it and why : Once, when a friend told me a the game they let me use their account for a day, and I won't say who's unless asked
    Age: Confession time, my real age is 19. I JUST WANNA BE ABLE TO DRINK MAN
    Timezone: Eastern
    Active hours: 3pm - 12pm

Are you familiar with LS13's rules? Who wouldn't be! Yes I am
    How long have you played SS13? 9 months
    How long have you played LS13? 9 months
    How much do you know about SS13 (/tg/ build) game mechanics? Alot, still a few things i need to work on Viro, Genetics, and like 2 others
    Do you have any experience as an administrator for SS13? No.
    Do you have any experience as an administrator on anything else? Yes, Minecraft, Garry's Mod, and Terraria servers
    If yes, what did you have to do do? Minecraft Administrator, I had to say alot of stupid shit to 9 year olds... But I got over it Garry's Mod a VERY Recent administration gig, but the server was shut down due to lack of staff. and Terraria, an odd one to have on here, it was a small low population 3 - 7 people on AT MAX so I really just had to keep the peace
    Have you ever worked in a team before? Yup, in 6th grade I went to camp, a team building exorcise, we were put into 4 groups that were supposed to be united into one (I was the first to figure out the concept)
    What are the qualities of a successful team? Communication is a MUST, Friendliness, not being a DICK-DOUCHE and outrightcompatibility

Why do you play SS13?: Its a relaxing game, and its always fun to blow shit up, and shoot lasers at peoples faces as a tator.
    Why do you play LS13?: The Community! I will name people who I can remember for friendliness and for being nice. Kadingir, Kegsey, Wellington, Sting, Narwhal, Battlealarm, Daddy, Flahh, Draden, and Flavo!
    What do administrators do?:Keep the balance, peace, quality, speed, efficiency, everything in tune and keep it as a friendly relaxing place.
    Why do you want to be an administrator?: I've had some falling out with admins, Flavo and such, but I want to make peoples rounds as high quality, and amazing as possible, I also want any problems sorted out quickly, so the player at hand has a good round!
    What qualities make a good administrator?: Communication, Friendliness, Wisdom, and Quality
    What qualities make a bad administrator?: No Knowledge of Basic needs, Lack of Communication, being downright indisputable.
    What are your strengths? My strengths are Efficiency, Communication, and Friendliness, and Wisdom.
    What are your weaknesses? My weaknesses, are my tipping points, and me always wanting to be right, and distractions.
    How do you overcome these weaknesses? Alot of the time, I regret things, THIS APPLICATION IS NOT A REGRET, but I can keep my points at a reasonable and safe, calm, agreement. Distractions are meh for me, but can really effect my productivity sometimes.
    How well do you handle stress, anger, or insults?: My tipping point is when things get TOO heated, as an example, I will attempt to keep things calm, I had a round where I was killed by someone then they got killed I think? But he started flaming and I kept my cool and said Chiil! Seriously, Flamers are NOT supported in my books. But chances are they will NEVER happen when I am an admin.

You're administrating on the server when you get an ahelp that Player A has been griefed by Player B. You open the attack logs and see that player B has hit player A many times with an oxygen tank putting them into critical. What do you do from here? Why did you choose to take that course of action? For my sanity, I'm going to put names in Rin is A Shiro is B. First, I check to see if Rin is an antag, if false, ask Rin why he attacked Shiro, if he says he thought Shiro was an antag, I check the logs if he SAID that at all if false, I give Rin a warning, and if anything else happens this round I would Admin prison Rin. I resurrect Shiro, and give him his stuff back. I picked the action of not banning, because that would be too harsh for the player. I ressurected Shiro, for the obvious reason he was griefed by a non-antag.

You're in a debate with a fellow administrator in the admin chat. You're pushing for an idea that you feel passionate about, but they keep shooting your idea down at every turn and the disappointment/anger is rising. How do you handle this? I attempt to keep the anger and dissappointment low, keep my cool, and attempt to ask something that may not be shot down, if anything gets too heated I attempt to calm it down. I would agree with his point, problem solved.

What does it mean to be an administrator for our server? To make sure all hell doesn't break loose and shit doesn't go south, I've seen a round that has gone south because no admins were on, 2 greifers ran around killing everyone, they were metagaming, and ruining all the fun.

Which is more important for a community: rules or principles? Why? Both are needed, but in my opinion, Rules, they are needed for order and peace, principles are needed, sure but Rules are the bones, with a little meat on the inside, if you are getting what i'm saying.

Additional Info : I hope this doesn't turn out terribly and leave a salty taste in everyone's mouths! :) EDIT : Fixed some color issues in certain parts. Ok, I know how I said I wasn't thinking about it that much, but now I REALLY am, one of the last thing Hattrick said was we need more people that make things faster for everyone, so anyone peeking at my Perc app, thats why I made this. AND SORRY TO ANYONE WHO I MAY HAVE HAD BAD THINGS WITH IN THE PAST, I AM REALLY, TRULY SORRY, from da buttom of meh hert <3
  2. Jariahtoadsage

Jariahtoadsage LS13 Admin

Howdy,

Firstly id like to extend a thank you for being interested in an admin position to better the server. Its great to see players who want to take a direct hand in bettering the server.

Ill be keeping an eye on your IC and OOC interactions as best i can, and if any pertinent information arises ill bring it back here.
    Rekiin likes this.
  3. Rekiin

Rekiin Active Member

Gotcha! Thanks for atleast being neutral instead of being negative!
  4. Felix Feufer

Felix Feufer LS13 Admin

Move to Canada, 19's drinking age, I'll keep an eye on ya. ;)
    Rekiin likes this.
  5. Rekiin

Rekiin Active Member

OMFGU I LIVE IN MICHIGAN! :O

Also, thanks for bein' neutral!
    Felix Feufer likes this.
  6. Uh, no. Drinking age is set provincially. It's 18 in my province.
    NoFaceMan, Rekiin and Tomtoot like this.
  7. Rekiin

Rekiin Active Member

Ok, we should get back on topic!
    Flatoftheblade likes this.
  8. Agent1667

Agent1667 Well-Known Member

Are you actually nineteen?
    Rekiin likes this.
  9. Devon

Devon Well-Known Member

I have a concern, as much as I do enjoy seeing you on the server.

There have been a couple of times that I have observed you and your associate, Yukio, engaging in activities together. However, my concern is the lack of communication I see during those activities. You two tend to run around and meet at the same places, and work together toward a common goal without actually communicating these goals to one another in game.
    I'm sure I don't need to voice what I believe may be happening, but could you shed some light on this situation for me?

I think what I mean to ask is,
    What's your relation to Yukio?
    Is there a reason why this seems to occur, or is it pure coincidence?
    Do you feel what ever relationship you might have with Yukio might effect your decision making should he be the target of an adminhelp?
    Rekiin likes this.
  10. Jariahtoadsage

Jariahtoadsage LS13 Admin

I have a few concerns as well, mostly stemming from your application, as you were mostly silent for the round i played with you after my first post.

[I've had some falling out with admins, Flavo and such ] If you could, shed some light on this answer? Reason being that not only is it important for the admin team to be at peace with one another to maintain some level of cohesion, but if it was a falling out that was bad enough you felt it merited mention its something we should consider if were going to be assessing your application.

[Minecraft Administrator, I had to say alot of stupid shit to 9 year olds... ] This part bothers me as well, i don't know as though any of our players are THIS young but we do have a fair few younger players. And, as the application implies we do deal with a fair few people who are upset, and that may not agree necessarily with your ruling on a subject. Do you feel that you'd be capable of coping with those aspects of admining? Why?

[ I check the logs if he SAID that at all if false ] While i understand your reasoning i disagree with this bit here. Often times things that occur combatively happen heat of the moment, and are never put to words. Its part of an admins job to use the (often little) evidence the logs WILL give us to put together the facts, get a story from both parties, and make a ruling. Not really a question or critique here, just a note for you to consider since you're interested in joining.
    Rekiin and AnalLoveIsBest like this.
  11. Rekiin

Rekiin Active Member

Yes I am actually nineteen.
    For the first part, we made up, at first I didn't really like flavo because he was kinda rude and such, but again, we're not enemys currently

For the second part, I really had to deal with people who didn't understand anything, basic things and controls, thats what i mean by quote on quote "stupid shit". It never got really heated, and I feel yes, I am capable of coping with them, those days were 3 years back around the time minecraft basically got into some really big things in-game. I was younger at the time, and I should have rephrased that bit, alot of basic things.

Thanks for that third bit.

My relation to him is Shocker, I'm his brother and Durgenburn is also my brother, me and Durgenburn used to share a room, but now, me and Yukio (His Byond key I won't mention or you may start hating me!) now have rooms right next to eachother. EDIT : No, I will focus on Admin-helps, if he A-Helps, I will probably ask another admin if there are any on to deal with it. So I don't insta put blame on the other person.
  12. Agent1667

Considering you said lied about your age previously, I did a little investigation before I went to bed.

Your twitch (Which I notice you stream with Terezi once in a while.) says this, "Hello And Welcome to the stream Enjoy Your stay, I'm a cool guy who will stream regularly.My real name is Joe, if you were wondering My age is 13 My I hate the number 7 That is all"

Your rooster teeth account says that you are sixteen.

Age isn't a factor for applying to become an admin - but lying is. Are you lying?

(Disclaimer: I respect your privacy, and I did not look any further. Your personal information is safe.)
    Rekiin likes this.
  13. Rekiin

Rekiin Active Member

I don't like to put real info on the internet, I've seen too many trustworthy people here, so I decided to come clean. Thats why on everything it says its different. Its more for security business and shit.
  14. Felix Feufer

Felix Feufer LS13 Admin

(Can't quote because I'm not on chrome)

Thanks for clarifying Rekiin, but could we get a photo ID?

Jokes aside, that's a fair reason.
    xXT3R3Z1Xx and Rekiin like this.
  15. Rekiin

Rekiin Active Member

Now that's proving my point let's use an example...
    Let's use A as a pedophile and use B as me.

A - OOOOOHHHH It says hes 13 oOOooOHOOHhohohoohooo...
    A - (In Stream Chat) Why don't you use facecam huehuehue?
    B - Because your a goddamned pedophile, (Banned from stream)

That is why I DONT use it Felix, people can come onto the forums looking for older or younger people. You don't need an account to see.

Now, if your saying a picture, that may do.
  16. Felix Feufer

Felix Feufer LS13 Admin

We don't need anything Rekiin, it was a joke, sorry if it wasn't clear.
    xXT3R3Z1Xx and Rekiin like this.
  17. Agent1667

A nineteen year old wouldn't worry about a pedophile like that.
    Rekiin likes this.
  18. Rekiin

Rekiin Active Member

A Nineteen WANTING to catch one would.
  19. Agent1667

Well, I'll just leave with this, I honestly believe you are lying.

Nothing is wrong with being young. Something is wrong with lying, but only you know if you are truly lying or not.
    Rekiin likes this.
  20. Rekiin

Rekiin Active Member

Well it didn't work, my phone isn't working *cri*
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.