[Denied] Kadingir's trial administrator research application

Discussion in 'Admin Applications' started by kadingir, Feb 15, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Agent1667

Agent1667 Well-Known Member

"Kad you were always just really odd. I mean you were a good admin, but you would just ask off the wall edgy/grotesque questions in the admin chat like "How well do you think a chainsaw would cut through a child's flesh?" and stuff like that." - Wellington, Oct 1, 2014.

I've heard about your recent OOC behavior, as I have mentioned before. I've read about your mention of almost killing a man with an axe. I heard your take on Hitler. I heard your take on children dying.

I honestly don't think you are in the right mindset to Admin for the server. I'm sorry man, but I just can't support you, based on everything that I have seen and read.
    Mabblies likes this.
  2. kadingir

kadingir The Guide

What, please explain.
  3. Agent1667

My prior post will mention recent OOC behavior.

"That day was not the most stressful day i have ever had, a more recent example was the day i moved to a new house with the family and ended up taking an axe to a car and almost to someones head, this event taught me a lot, until then i only thought i knew how to recognise stress when in reality i was merely recognising depression, now i know the true signs of stress and incoming rage, and so i will be able to remove myself from the game as soon as any stress starts to surface."

Stress related issues. Being an admin is very stressful.

You mentioned in OOC recently that Hitler was bad only because he failed. That would imply you didn't mind the genocide and horrible deeds he did. I am part Jewish, I think that is all I need to say on that.

I've heard from people that you have mentioned that you don't understand why people care for children that are dying. I cannot let something like that pass, it is just cruel to say and even think.

"Kad you were always just really odd. I mean you were a good admin, but you would just ask off the wall edgy/grotesque questions in the admin chat like "How well do you think a chainsaw would cut through a child's flesh?" and stuff like that."

Chainsaw through a child? No. That is mentally fucked up, man. It isn't even right as a joke.
  4. AquaDraco

AquaDraco Active Member

I'm also curious to know what the right mindset is (and this better not turn into one of those "killing apostates is wrong/right" arguments, because I get enough of those on Facebook). As far as I'm concerned, no matter what Kadingir believes about children dying, he'll deal with adminhelp the same. And LLA shouldn't discriminate on people's political beliefs, as disturbing as they may be. Let's all be friends and whatnot.

Besides, let's focus on the most important part in that quote: "you were a good admin." And let's also ignore the fact that Wellington based his argument on a quote from admin chat, a place where administrators should feel free to talk about whatever they want without worrying about being quoted in an admin application months later. No offense to anyone in particular; rule zero of the admin rulebook has been out of effect for years, so just leaving that there as food for thought.

And as much as I cringe at what Kadingir allegedly said, I believe the more important issue is how well Kadingir can perform in a team and with stress.

Here's an improved version of the question used in the general application:
    Some jerk is accusing you of spawning a shitload of implants for yourself last week (which you totally did do, but whatever). What do you do?
    Some jerk on the admin team is accusing you of cutting babies with chainsaws. You keep telling them you don't (and you really don't, mostly because you can't find enough time in your schedule to keep kidnapping babies every week, and the neighbors were complaining that the chainsaw sounds are too loud). Every argument you put up against the ridiculousness of their own argument gets shot down by "I don't believe you" or "So? I'm still right." Wellington is out on a honeymoon. Zombee is buzzing around flowers and other pollen-stuff. Taicho is too occupied rolling around in a blanket on the ground pretending to be a burrito (and let's be honest, we've all done this at least once in our lives). Everyone else who has any influence at all is busy uh... joining Taicho in his burrito-ing. The Admin Skype chat is heated up. People are shouting, people are screaming. The argument is getting more heated. In fact, it's on fire. The accuser is on fire. You're on fire. The chat is on fire. Everyone and everything is on fire. Emoticons are red. Your chair is melting from the heat. And the anger. And the heat from your anger.

What do? Because this is going to happen eventually. Not the chainsaw baby thing, but something that involves arguments like this, when you're so blind with anger it's hard to think. The answer you gave was kinda hacky, since I read that answer as "even though the scenario clearly states I'm angry, I'm going to handle this in a totally calm and analytical manner and be 100% sure whether or not I'm right or wrong." What if you both think you're right? What if one of you believes rape is fine but the other believes rape is wrong?

Actually, better question: For those of you were existed when Kadingir was an administrator, how did he do? It just occurred to me that he's administrated for at least four months and not a single one of you have stepped up to talk about how he did last time (Okay, Agent kinda did, but he was trying to address a different point that's unrelated to actually administrating).

Edit: For the record, I started writing this before Agent posted right above me.
    Draden Kamikaze, kadingir and Cody522 like this.
  5. kadingir

kadingir The Guide

It took 10 years for that event to happen.
    Also i have changed even since my last application, i have calmed down even more, as an ex admin i know how stressful being an admin can be, i believe that i can handle it, for the most part even back then i was able to handle the stress as well as most admins, after the events from last year along with my paying even more attention to certain things over the last few weeks i have changed for the better.

I never said this, though i can see why you thought i did, maybe an admin could get the logs of it to clear it up.
    Going off of memory, what i said was that no one would aspire to be like hitler because he failed, at least no one in their right mind, there are people who honestly believe that hitler was doing the right thing, as humans it is their right to have that belief, i don't support it but that is how freedom works.
    At no point did i claim that hitler was only bad because he failed.

I would like to see the exact quote of me saying that with timestamps, i understand well why people care about children that are dying as i am someone who has cared and worried over sick children.
    I do not really agree that it would be a cruel thing to say though, if someone said it chances are they are a bit sociopathic, meaning they truly don't understand, people like that are often wrongly labelled as monsters, that is the real cruel thing as sociopaths did not choose to be the way they are.

I was going through a phase, it stopped the instant that someone asked me to stop, which was back when i was an admin.
    Also "mentally fucked up" is kinda hurtful whether or not it is true. :(
    Cody522 and AquaDraco like this.
  6. The thing is, what people write in OOC and the forums when they are an admin reflects upon LLA as a whole.

And this is going to be extremely blunt, but I'm not sure how to express it politely: honestly kadingir, you have expressed some pretty deranged opinions. I haven't had a quarrel with you IC, but the way you come across in OOC is nothing short of disturbing much of the time.
    Flavo and Cody522 like this.
  7. Agent1667

Well, from what I have read, Kadingir himself said he cannot handle stress well (Ex: the axe story.) and from how he accosted Draden in deadchat about admin corruption.
  8. Agent1667

I don't mean to double post, but I'd rather clean up this now.

When I said "Mentally fucked up", I didn't mean you, I mean't the phrase. And I stand by that, in no way is that phrase you said acceptable in society.
  9. kadingir

kadingir The Guide

I see.

Could you also respond to the rest of the post? I feel that it might have some importance.

I may now create a cult to worship AD.
    I would love to hear some peoples opinions of how i did as an admin back when i was an admin.
    I think i was a bit of a scrubmin, but if i did okay despite my being fairly new to it maybe that might show something.

Also there is kinda an admin rule "What happens in adminchat STAYS in adminchat.", but i do not know if that is still a thing these days or if it is followed, but oh well.
    Cody522 likes this.
  10. Cody522

Cody522 Well-Known Member

Mmmm, those closet demons. Let's dig them all up.

You were either trying to contain a criminal, or piss him off? If you were trying to piss him off, you are also not trolling him at the same time? From everything so far, you were just having fun being a dick. This is all pretty weird from your responses of "Oh I was being a dick? I didn't mean it." "I was trolling? I actually wasn't trolling."

For AD's question, I can't say much as I haven't paid attention close attention to some people. Or maybe kadingir didn't talk a lot in the admin chat. It's all just a blur back then as all I would have for memories are computer screens and chatboxes.
    If kadingir is the person I think he is, the guy who occassionally comes along and talks about how he used to be the only admin ever online and that no admins ever helped him. For that I would say I remember him, he was active, and dedicated. When he said his complaints about the inactivity of admins, he was frustrated that there were not enough administrators coming online anymore and also no admin likes to leave the server alone by itself. I do not believe there were any problems with him taking adminhelps, I paid attention to those back then.
    IMVader, AquaDraco and kadingir like this.
  11. Agent1667

The Hitler bit was implied when you said he was only bad because he failed.

I don't have anything on that children bit, other than he said she said. Maybe somebody else does?

As for calming down, I'm not sure if you have, I was on hiatus when you were an admin. I'm going to assume you have.
  12. kadingir

kadingir The Guide

I worded that badly, i meant that i was just trying to contain the criminal but had no idea that he was a ling and was not trying to piss him off, at the time i could not think of any better way to word it, sorry.

I was far from the only admin ever online, though due to timezones i was often the only one on most of the time when i was on, most of the time when i talked in the admin chat it was to ask for opinions on cases, opinions on multikeyers and other griefers that i had found while looking into the forum reports, and trying to help other admins, mostly newermins, when they did not know how to do something

I really am fairly sure that i never said hitler was only bad because he failed, it does not sound like the kind of thing i would say, maybe an admin could look through the logs.
  13. Kegsey

Kegsey LS13 Admin

I've found that Kadignr's behavior recently has improved; I've not seen any rudeness or flaming in OOC, and he is usually nice to me IC anyways;
    Apart from the occasional rage I've seen from him in deadchat, while observing I notice that he does not grief, or at least does not have the intention to and seems like a well rounded player/member of the community.

That being said, I have seen some of his bad time, where he did talk about corruption and was unable to be calmed, but he did explain himself in ahelps and what-not after that had occurred.
    I believe that with a bit of help and moral support Kadingr will be able to help administrate again.

+Support
    Draden Kamikaze and kadingir like this.
  14. Mindtrixx

Mindtrixx Well-Known Member

I'm just gonna extract this and point you to this:

I have found many of the things Kadingir has said to be distasteful. I think we've given more lenience on this than we should honestly.

Joking about cutting children in half and suicide isn't funny in the slightest. Neither is 'jokingly' promoting Hitler's views just to be a troll.

I can't support this app as I don't believe you've changed since your last one Kad.
  15. kadingir

kadingir The Guide

But i never promoted, jokingly or otherwise, hitler or his views...
  16. Mindtrixx

I vaguely remember this bit. I was talking to moiderer in ooc about not downing on peoples aspirations unless they aspire to be hitler or something. You chimed in with something along the lines of "Yeah who would want to aspire to be hitler? he failed." with flat pointing out "Yes cause that is the only bad thing about hitler...him failing..".
  17. kadingir

kadingir The Guide

Ah, if flat says something it means i agree with it?
  18. Mindtrixx

No, you saying it plainly and flat pointing out the problem with your statement does.
  19. kadingir

kadingir The Guide

I disagree, though i understand how the misunderstanding happened, sorry to have made you think that i support hitler.
    Mindtrixx likes this.
  20. Okay, just to put that point to rest, what kadingir wrote verbatim was "Why would you admire Hitler? He failed." So he didn't promote Hitler. On the contrary, what he wrote was anti-Hitler. But for the wrong reasons. What he wrote was still distasteful by implication (*That* is the problem with Hitler? He would be worthy of admiration if Germany won WWII?).

But let's not get sidetracked here. Neither agent, mind or I are against this app because we think kadingir is a supporter of Hitler. We are against this app because of his OOC conduct in general, that is a pattern that extends well beyond one comment that isn't worth time dissecting and debating for too long.

Putting that comment aside, when he isn't talking about game mechanics, all I've seen from kadingir in OOC, deadchat and the forums is bizarre, offensive stuff that I guess is supposed to be "edgy," narcissistic rants about his own logical reasoning ability, and conspiracy theories about the LLA staff. It is true that it's been significantly toned down lately, but I'm sorry, I have to attribute that to the existence of this app. I can't give the benefit of the doubt and I can't agree with putting someone who has made so many strange and unpleasant comments into a position where he'd be policing this community. It's possible he'd be able to handle cases fairly competently, but he's still not someone I would want my server of choice to officially endorse. Mocking suicidal people and advertising one's own sociopathy isn't something I look for in an admin candidate. Plus he's made it very clear that he dislikes the admin team that he now wants to join.

I have to agree with mind that we shouldn't address the OOC issue with kid gloves in this case. Sorry, no support.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.