[Denied] Kadingir's administrator application

Discussion in 'Admin Applications' started by kadingir, Apr 3, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LemonSoup

LemonSoup LS13 Admin

The kind of attitude which makes a mockery of rape and murder in the context of a game of 2D spacemen. Admins represent LLA, and if you're going to use analogies like that I do not want to be professionally associated with you.
  2. kadingir

kadingir The Guide

When i come to the conclusion that something is right or wrong i do so without bias or concern for anything other than factual factors.

I am far from infallible, i have been wrong plenty of times and i have learnt from those experiences, i still make mistakes as we all do, if you want me to get better at communicating that you could give me tips and reviews.

I do not make a mockery of rape and murder, also what i said was barely related to "a game of 2D spacemen", it was far more than that, it was about the whole community, admin abuse matters a lot to me, maybe it matters more to me than it does to you, that does not mean that when i compare rape and murder to admin abuse i am mocking anything, please look at things from the posters point of view instead of assuming that everyone places as little important on certain matters as you do.

I think that people seem to be getting off topic and drawing attention away from the point of this application.

I did not make this application to have a place for people to discuss philosophy, personal beliefs, corruption or to improve personal relationships.
    I made this application with confidence in my ability to work and interact with the admin team on a professional level and in my admin skills and related skills, how many people here remember how many abuse reports i had as an admin, how many people had complaints about my skill in dealing with cases as an admin, how many people disliked the way i handled several months of adminless incident reports and unban/unjobban requests as an admin before the forum guards and other forum admin groups were created?
  3. PistolPete

PistolPete ForumGuard Staff Member

Kad, at this juncture, I no longer care about your admin skills. You may have done good work in the past, but you're currently alienating pretty much everyone on the team you want to join.

Were it a team I was on that you were applying for, I would work to the utmost of my ability to make sure you didn't make it on. You, as you present yourself, are rude, alienating, hard to work with, and rash. I wouldn't want to work with you make a macaroni picture or, God forbid, a birdhouse.

There's a difference between seeking honestly and making baseless accusations. Take some actual time to think about what you're saying, because it appears you haven't.
  4. AncientV25

AncientV25 LS13 Admin

5. kadingir

kadingir The Guide

*sighs* I wondered what response i would get for trying to get this thread back to the point of an admin application, which to me is solely about how well someone can perform admin duties, not about how many internet friends you can make.
  6. Your interpersonal skills (or lack thereof) and (in)ability to work in a team are directly relevant to how well you could perform administrative duties. Something you seem to be incapable of understanding. Your reaction to certain administrative decisions here has also demonstrated poor judgement about how to resolve cases.
    QuantumWings likes this.
  7. Taicho

Taicho Director of LS13 Staff Member

I had a lot of problems with you the first time around. Namely, your complete reluctance to understand, co-operate, and ability to tolerate any point that wasn't your own, or didn't directly support your own. There's a very frustrating and not at all discreet air of egotism about you that is just beyond obnoxious, especially when it comes to the mutual discussion of an issue, incident, or opinion. These are exactly the types of issues that made your first run as administrator absolutely poor, simply because they're certain to cause problems within a closely knit team environment.

Also, I'm not sure if you understand how application processes work, but it's usually a case of displaying your level-headedness and proving you have something to contribute to the team. Fighting that very same team and attempting to very poorly and irritatingly alienate them honestly isn't the way to go about it. You claim you have the servers best interest at heart, but all I see is a vocal individual who's determined to cause conflict and annoyance among the team at every opportunity.

With that in mind I should clarify the following: disagreeing with the administration team does not condemn your application and warrant an absolute denial. It's not about 'making internet friends', it's about conducting yourself properly in any given situation even if it is a disagreement with the LS13 staff. You have proven in this thread alone that you're utterly unable to conduct yourself appropriately.

That said, no.
  8. PistolPete

PistolPete ForumGuard Staff Member

It's an admin TEAM. You're going to be judged on the way you can work in a TEAM. Meaning, if you refuse to work in a TEAM, then you're probably not going to be added to that TEAM. If you make everyone in that TEAM angry, you're probably not going to work in that TEAM well. And since you speak rashly, and already show instances in which you don't accept the admin TEAM's judgement, I highly doubt it would improve with a trial. I would rather save the admin TEAM a headache.
  9. Rob Ust

Rob Ust Active Member

Make him a trialmin and see what happens. He doesn't have any real power to abuse. He has previous experience so you know he CAN administrate. Do it and watch him very closely, Even if you have welly, Or Ancient, Or someone shadow him for a day and make him a trial admin on a per round basis. Give Kad a shot and see what he's got.
  10. Why would he be worth the time, effort and headaches of the existing admin team having to manage him, given the concerns that the majority of both admins and community members have?

I would hope that there would be *some* level of quality control to even get to the trialmin stage. Why have applications if your attitude is "fuck it, trial pretty much anyone even though it's a no-brainer that they should be denied?"

I didn't voice my opinion on this thread until recently because I assumed it would be rejected in short order. I'm flabbergasted that some people think there's any question at this point.
    QuantumWings and Taicho like this.
  11. AncientV25

AncientV25 LS13 Admin

At this point, his abilities as an administrator do not matter. He is someone that I, and I assume others, -cannot- work with on a team level.
  12. Raptorblaze

Raptorblaze Head Coder Staff Member

@Rob,

1. Many of the highermins have worked with kadingir in the recent past, and we have seen his attitude from then relative to now.
    2. He vehemently disagrees with a ruling that the entire team agrees with (at least everyone I've seen comment), if we have an admin overnight we'd hope they would interpret the rules at the very least similarly to the rest of the admins.
    3. The app was not extended due to question, wellington chose to give it more time for response due to its timing and content (based on what he said when he extended it, that is how I read it.) Every app is given a fair chance to prove itself.
    QuantumWings and Flatoftheblade like this.
  13. kadingir

kadingir The Guide

I had a "nice" talk with wellington, this application is closed.
    Rob Ust likes this.
  14. WellingtonTheThird

WellingtonTheThird Well-Known Member

Unfortunately at this time you're not currently what we're seeking in our administration.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.