[Denied] Jujudude's Admin Application

Discussion in 'Admin Applications' started by Julian, Feb 3, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Julian

Julian New Member

Byond Account:Jujudude
    Character Name(s):Kelsey Altman
    AI Name(s):None
    Have you ever used a different BYOND key on our server? If so what was it and why:No, I have never had nor used another account.
    Timezone:EST
    Active hours:Whenever possible

Experience:
    Are you familiar with LS13's rules?
    I would say I am very familiar with the rules, although any of the newer ones may be out there, but they are rather simple.
    How long have you played SS13?
    I have been playing Space Station 13 for 2 or 3 years now on and off.
    How long have you played LS13?
    I have played on liberty before and even was an admin at one point, however I fell out of the loop due to classes and work in real life. Ive been getting into it again in the past few months however.
    How much do you know about SS13 (/tg/ build) game mechanics?
    I know quite a bit of the mechanics. I can tell you all the basics and I know my fair share about all the different job groups other than science.
    Do you have any experience as an administrator for SS13?
    Yes, I used to admin on this server and I have admined on a few other servers as well in which they have given me basic admin abilities.
    Do you have any experience as an administrator on anything else?
    I also admin on Garry’s Mod on a few servers as well as DOD and CSS.
    Have you ever worked in a team before?
    I work in teams all the time, in real life im an EMT and a Fire fighter so I have to work with coworkers quite a bit and know how important a partner can be.
    What are the qualities of a successful team?
    Qualities of a successful team in my opinion include but are not limited to versatility, adaptability, understanding, cooperation, and ability to listen to the whole and come up with one universal decision.

Personality:
    Why do you play SS13?
    I play SS13 because I enjoy being able to craft my own story and play around the way I want to. Whether I be a sec officer arresting and holding trials or a CMO running medical there is always something new and fun to do.
    Why do you play LS13?
    I play LS13 because it honestly has one of the best player bases and the admins do an amazing job of keeping control of the server without being brutal towards the players.
    What do administrators do?
    Admins provide help to the players in the game and assure that no rules are broken and those who need help get it. Even if it means teaching an eager new player a few basic controls and tricks.
    Why do you want to be an administrator?
    I want to be an admin because I am interested in making the server a better place and I want to be one of the people that the players turn to for help.
    What qualities make a good administrator?
    A good admin must be patient and willing to help others. However as nice and patient as they are they must also know when to put their foot down and end the situation.
    What qualities make a bad administrator?
    A bad admin is an admin that does not care about the server or the player base. If you are in it just to make events and mess around you do not get the point of an admin and are not doing the job you signed up to do. Those who focus on the fun will never be able to deal with the serious when needed.
    What are your strengths?
    I believe that my strengths include the ability to hear both sides and listen to both players even if the evidence is incriminating. I also am very nice but know when to quit it and wrap it up.
    What are your weaknesses?
    My biggest weakness would be that I can sometimes get off track and look too deeply into things. It can make it difficult at times as I would rather spend time on a case and do it right then look at the clear evidence and wrap it up quickly if it isn’t needed.
    How do you overcome these weaknesses?
    I overcome these weaknesses by asking others about it. If others say one thing I always take it into consideration and am completely willing to stop and look at it a new way if someone shows it to me.
    How well do you handle stress, anger, or insults?
    I take these things very well. Again I run as an EMT and on shift ive seen people die and had patients yelling spitting in my face calling me a pig. I have always taken these and ignored them or shrugged them off, and if I cant I can talk to people about it.

Open Response:
    Please answer each question with at least three sentences.
    You're administrating on the server when you get an ahelp that Player A has been griefed by Player B. You open the attack logs and see that player B has hit player A many times with an oxygen tank putting them into critical. What do you do from here? Why did you choose to take that course of action?
    In this situation I would attempt to get both sides of the story first. It is important to talk to all involved parties and confirm what happened. After this I would Talk to the other admin on the server if possible and get other opinions as well as ask the victim what he wants done. After all of this I would decide on and punish the guilty party as need be. This way I would get a proper idea of the situation and have a reliable amount of information.

You're in a debate with a fellow administrator in the admin chat. You're pushing for an idea that you feel passionate about, but they keep shooting your idea down at every turn and the disappointment/anger is rising. How do you handle this?
    If another admin was arguing and shooting down my ideas in admin chat I would most likely remain calm and try still. If he remains How he is and continues to shoot them down I would stop and come on later, there a a lot of other admins and not every one of them is going to agree with my point of view.

What does it mean to be an administrator for our server?
    Being an admin on this server means dedicating your time in game to one server and one server alone. It also means taking time and suggesting things that could better the server and make it more accessible and fun. Finally,it means dedicating yourself to make sure that the server is clean and safe, without griefers.

Which is more important for a community: rules or principles? Why?
    In a community I believe that principles are more important. If players and admins have proper principles, people will act accordingly and players will do the right thing or get help if needed. Also, with a sense of right and wrong provided by principles it is a more subtle way to keep people in the right and can be adapted and changed with the player population.
  2. Flavo

Flavo Well-Known Member

Do you have a name/alias/ckey you used when you were a liberty admin. Jujudude and Julian are not names i recognize.
  3. Julian

Julian New Member

When I was an admin I was jujudude, I guess its possible that I was thinking of another server but I believe that it was liberty. That was way back though so i dont know if anyone remembers me.
  4. Raptorblaze

Raptorblaze Head Coder Staff Member

Could you do us a favor and change the color of the questions and your answers to be different from one another? Purely for readability.
  5. Julian

Julian New Member

Is that a bit better?
  6. Cody522

Cody522 Well-Known Member

I never heard of you. I dont think you were an admin here
    NoFaceMan and Flavo like this.
  7. Julian

Julian New Member

Actually I think youre right, I was on commodore and played on here too, I played a lot between the 2.

EDIT: Sorry by the way I didnt realize that the top portion was messed up, its fixed now. Thanks for considering me as a candidate.
  8. Flavo

Flavo Well-Known Member

You've been around for awhile apparently but this is the first I've heard of you.

My question: You are a EMT at the age of 17?
  9. Julian

Julian New Member

Yup, im in PA so I we have NREMT and if you're over 16 but below 18 you can take the assessment instead of the exam and get the PA state cert. I hear the assessment is actually harder though. Im very proud of it. My cert number is 200644.
  10. Saint Vicious

Saint Vicious LS13 Admin

Great to hear you have previous admin experience but I'm rather puzzled at the fact that you confused which server you administrated for, particularly when you claim being an administrator means that you 'dedicate yourself to one server and only one server'.

Unfortunately I'll be unable to support this application. Stick around, become comfortable in the community and build a bit of a name for yourself because at the moment nobody really seems to know much about you.
  11. Spades Slick

Spades Slick LS13 Admin

This is also the first i am hearing of you at all. I cannot say I have ever seen you at all In OOC nor have I seen your character In-game either.
    I cannot say I fully support this application for I haven't seen you at all. But you seem to hold alot of responsibility for a 17 year old working as an EMT and even a firefighter.

I only hope that you stick around and maybe try putting in an app later if you aren't accepted this first time around.
  12. WellingtonTheThird

WellingtonTheThird Well-Known Member

Glad to see you're experienced and want to join the admin team, but you need to stick around a bit longer and integrate yourself into the community before we can accept you in.
    Jayce Wise likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.