[Denied] IDWMno's return

Discussion in 'Admin Applications' started by IDWMno, Jun 26, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. IDWMno

IDWMno Member

Basic Information
    Byond Account: IDWMno​
    Character Name(s): Alex Rider, Mark Smith, others will be posted if I come to use them.​
    AI Name(s): I use automated name. If not, ASUS.​
    Timezone: Eastern timezone (US & Canada)​
    When are you on LS13?: Any time from 10:00 A.M. - 11:00 P.M.​

Experience:
    How long have you played SS13?: Going on 7+ Years I believe.​
    How long have you played LS13?: From the birth of LLA, with Zombie :) He can vouch​
    How much do you know about SS13 (/tg/ build) game mechanics?: I know everything except recent additions. Except scientist, still gotta play around with them.​
    Do you have any experience administrating for an SS13 server?: Of course, I admined LLA for years, ShadowRider1's server for a while, and countless other servers. All with good reports.​

Personality:
    Why do you play SS13?: There is so much you can do, and every round is unique. Endless possibilities really..​
    Why do you play LS13?: It's the best server there is. And I like it the best.​
    What do administrators do?: Keep balance in the game, and make it fair. And alot, lot, lot, more...​
    What does it mean to be an administrator for our server?: The highest respected admins out there, which would be the complete opposite of goon admins. We keep good reputation for keeping the game fair, and ridding of bug abuser's and griefers.​
    Why do you want to be an administrator?: I've been one for years, just got taken away due to inactivity. I love admining because it opens my eyes to the true heart of the player base and their deeds. And I enjoy talking with fellow adminee's.​
    What qualities do you possess that would make you a good administrator?: I am respectful, well educated, have good grammar, and address issues according to punishment outline, but change it with personal evaluation of the sistuation. Then consult others.​
    How well do you handle stress, anger, or insults?: I really don't mind insults over a 64-bit computer game... that's rather pathetic.​

Anything Else You Want to Add: (Do not put words here)
    Well I hope you guys miss me! :) I am very experienced and everyone knows me that has played for more than 2 years.
  2. LemonSoup

LemonSoup LS13 Admin

Hello! I don't know you, nor have I heard of you. I'm sure Zombie and the guys think very highly of you, but I'd appreciate some effort to convince me of your suitability.
    QuantumWings likes this.
  3. IDWMno

IDWMno Member

Just come say hi in-game! :) Ask around about me. Players who have played for quite a while will definitely know me. I don't expect your acceptance immediately upon greeting, so work up your acceptance by daily interactions with me.
  4. Snow5445

Snow5445 Guest

Ok 1 i do not know you nor have i ever heard of you.
    2. So you disappered for two years and the first thing you decided to do was become an admin.
    3. you dont have a skype and all admins must have a skype.
    4. You come in acting like SUPER BEST MIN which we already have his name is rebel. And no one really knows you at all. I mean its not the admins you are trying to impress to become an admin it is us the players who have never heard of you before.
    5. New
    Note from the Greatest admin there was: I am back :3

Instructions: Accept me asap please? really?

6 If you were deadmined due to inactivity what makes LWS think you will be active now? Because i have not seen you on well EVER.

So i see no reason I want you to be my admin.

NO HONK PRESENTS FOR YOU THIS YEAR!!!
  5. Obadiah Mayland

Obadiah Mayland Well-Known Member

What is up with all these people I have never heard from before admin apping? I mean not that I didn't try that at one point, but still this is a NO for me considering (as I said before) I have never even seen you on the server before
    QuantumWings likes this.
  6. RebelAmerica

RebelAmerica ForumGuard Staff Member

I haven't seen you on the server lately IDW, you're very inactive. I can't support you.

7. Snow5445

Snow5445 Guest

This is the super admin i was talking about.
  8. Cody522

Cody522 Well-Known Member

This is a common theme. Admins who were removed or quit feel like they want to be an admin again even though they've barely played on the server. They tend to disappear as soon as they appear.
    You rarely ever came around even were you in the team IDWMno. I believe you even had your own server at one point that you logged into more than LLA.
    Black Jack likes this.
  9. LemonSoup

LemonSoup LS13 Admin

I took your advice, and spoke to some players who have been around for far longer than I. The verdict was unanimous that while a nice guy, you were very inactive. Considering you've just surfaced from a two-year absence, that's pretty damning.

That, and I'm looking at the application of somebody I've never heard of before and seeing the line 'Accept me asap please?'. You seem to think your reputation precedes you. It doesn't. You are not here to try and admin for the LLA of two years past, and to put it bluntly, the arrogance you are showing by walking right in the door and not applying, but expecting to become an admin is a really serious issue from my perspective. Your application is thin on the ground, your answers vague. There is nothing here that appeals to me.

Minus One.
    Rocco Ward and QuantumWings like this.
  10. IDWMno

IDWMno Member

I understand the absence is a problem. I was just over-joyed at the thought of the return to LLA. If an admin could please lock this app and put it on hold for a few months, that would be greatly appreciated. I have been very active in the past, and that's why I believed most older players would know me. I guess not. I apologize for the arrogance. Give me 3 months before you determine my quality. It's shocking how fast people are to jump to gun and deny my reputation, although I may have emphasized my rep a little much. Sorry about that.

Also regarding my own server, I only developed it. I never logged into it and played/admined it myself. I created a team and left it up to them. I was very busy working 2 jobs and moving from an apartment to a nice trailer.
  11. CannibalCrow

CannibalCrow LS13 Admin Staff Member

The same verdict I reach in regards to any exmin who has gone inactive. Show that you're active again. Join the server, even if you're just sitting in OOC for a few weeks. If you're on the server and showing you can be an active participant of our community, I'll be willing to support your application.
  12. RebelAmerica

Lock request granted.
  13. RebelAmerica

As requested, app back open
  14. IDWMno

IDWMno Member

I just want opinions and reviews, I don't expect to get back on the team for a couple months or so. But i've been active so if you've meet me please give feedback, as I want to gather the most I can :D
  15. Snow5445

Snow5445 Guest

Still NO from me. Reasoning you come here and said you were the best admin ever. Which we already have a super best admin. I having never heard of you before you come back here, Sevral older players I asked haven't either. So you were propbably a very old min, And according to lemon everyone said you were inactive. I would not let someone become an admin after picking up the game two weeks. And I am not voting for you to be an admin for the same reason.
  16. AncientV25

AncientV25 LS13 Admin

I can vouch for him being a good admin. Inactivity is a problem, though he's been very active recently.
    Remaining neutral.
  17. Obadiah Mayland

Obadiah Mayland Well-Known Member

Neutral, I have seen a lot of him on OOC chat, but no enough time for me to tell if he would be a good admin or not
  18. LemonSoup

LemonSoup LS13 Admin

I look forward to getting to know you, IDWM. If what has been said by yourself and others is true, I expect we'll get along wonderfully in and out of the game.

I'll save on offering opinions until I've spent some more time around you, though I'll say that this new humbleness is very becoming.
  19. Legato_frio

Legato_frio Public Relations

When I played ss13 back in its early years this admin was always good to me. His past experience was great and he had a personality I could get along with. As for recent years, I would like to see some more activity from Alex Rider. Right now I can't shoot him down because I have first hand experience on how well he handled some of my cases. I can't vote him up because I haven't seen him much recently. I am between a Rock and a hard place on this one. So I will say this much. If I see him around more I could easily be swayed towards this awesome ex-admin.
    AncientV25 likes this.
  20. WellingtonTheThird

WellingtonTheThird Well-Known Member

You seem like a great guy and all, but you have hardly been back around. I will admit I've seen you a couple of times enough to recognize you somewhat, but you said you were going to put your app on hold for a couple of months (I figured 1 - 2) and then 8 days later it is reopened. You have the good word of older and respected people in our community and that is good, but what use is a good admin if they aren't around? Wait it out, make yourself known, and then you'll have my support if I like what I see. For now I am staying Neutral.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.