[Denied] Fallen's Admin Application

Discussion in 'Admin Applications' started by Fallen, Mar 10, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fallen

Fallen New Member

Basic Information:

Byond Account:
    Fallen2132
    Character Name(s):
    Davis Labrode
    AI Name(s):
    AI
    Have you ever used a different BYOND key on our server? If so what was it and why:
    I have not.
    I have one but my computer doesn't work properly will explain if accepted
    Timezone:
    GMT
    Active hours:
    Any time from around 8-10am-11pm so basically all day. or when smoking

Experience:

Are you familiar with LS13's rules?
    Yes
    How long have you played SS13?
    Around a year
    How long have you played LS13?
    Since around March/April 2014
    How much do you know about SS13 (/tg/ build) game mechanics?
    More or less all of it, minus Tcomms and Botany
    Do you have any experience as an administrator for SS13?
    Yes.
    Do you have any experience as an administrator on anything else?
    Yes
    If yes, what did you have to do?
    I was a admin for Monolith station, and Currently The Arch Angels Nanotrasen Heavy RP
    Have you ever worked in a team before?
    Yes, I have.
    What are the qualities of a successful team?
    Teamwork, the ability to communicate well, being able to identify your own and others strengths/weaknesses.

Personality:

Why do you play SS13?:
    There is no other game like it. Anything can happen. Full of crazy stuff every round.
    Why do you play LS13?:
    Great community, interactions with different people and roleplaying
    What do administrators do?:
    Administrators draw and hold the line of what is and isn't acceptable actions under certain circumstances. They also help people with any issues/questions they may have.
    Why do you want to be an administrator?:
    Recently, there has been a lot of admin inactivity or grief involving a round delay/round reports. I have plenty of time so I figured why not help.
    What qualities make a good administrator?:
    Not easily angered, able to see both sides of a story, able to work in a team. Willing to give time to help others.
    What qualities make a bad administrator?:
    Easily angered/offended, one-sided (taking the side of people you prefer) and unwilling to work with others. Unwilling to help if they are a traitor/not bored
    What are your strengths?
    I can work on criticism others give me, I'm willing to put time into things.
    What are your weaknesses?
    Impatience.
    How do you overcome these weaknesses?
    by surveying the conversations and if I feel I've bothered someone too much I leave them alone
    How well do you handle stress, anger, or insults?:
    Very good i'm not going to insult a person over a 2D game.

Open Response:

Please answer each question with at least three sentences.

You're administrating on the server when you get an ahelp that Player A has been griefed by Player B. You open the attack logs and see that player B has hit player A many times with an oxygen tank putting them into critical. What do you do from here? Why did you choose to take that course of action?
    Firstly, PM Player A and tell them that I am looking into it. I'll then check if player B is an antagonist or not. If he is, I'll tell player A it's legit, and if not I'll PM player B asking why he/she did that. I chose this, because it firstly allows player A to know that someone is working on it, so that they do not send anymore ahelps. I chose to ask for intent first, because there could have been a valid reason for it.

You're in a debate with a fellow administrator in the admin chat. You're pushing for an idea that you feel passionate about, but they keep shooting your idea down at every turn and the disappointment/anger is rising. How do you handle this?
    If I'm getting really angry, which I probably wouldn't, step down and leave it for a while. I'd later ask other admins how they feel about the idea, and if no one agrees stop asking.

What does it mean to be an administrator for our server?
    It means that you have been chosen to represent the administration staff of LS13, and that you are there to ensure that the server is kept to a standard of play. You are a role model to the server, and should act as such. An admin acting out of place is very bad for the server.

Which is more important for a community: rules or principles? Why?
    Principals. We can have rules, but people will always try to find loopholes that get them away with their actions. A principal is going to cover more than just the exact wording, for example a rule saying "Don't kill people" will make people beat each other senseless and do things that would ruin their round, but not kill them. Having a Principal that suggests "Don't intentionally ruin another's round" is much less likely to be exploited within boundaries.
  2. Agent1667

Agent1667 Well-Known Member

I've never seen you before. I'd suggest talking more in OOC and on the forums to get better known.
    Devon, IMVader, NoFaceMan and 2 others like this.
  3. General_Battier

General_Battier LS13 Admin

Your app says you've been here since last year, but I've never seen you. Have you used any other ic names?
  4. Devon

Devon Well-Known Member

I feel like I'm always online. In that time, I haven't seen you once.

[​IMG]

To add to that, I feel hesitant to take any admin application posted from an account listed as our latest member on the forum seriously.

I feel like there's no need for an, "If accepted" tag. Could you clarify so the team knows what restrictions you might bring along with you upon potential acceptance?

With that said, welcome to LLA! Please understand our hesitance, as people usually wait until the community is more familiar with them before they start trying to take an administrative role.
    Mabblies, Tomtoot, IMVader and 4 others like this.
  5. Raptorblaze

Raptorblaze Head Coder Staff Member

YAY LOGS

Providing this data without comment, other than a couple notes.
    Note 1: Logins do not equal rounds played, if you log out or back in during a round it would count another
    Note 2: You must log in at least once every round you play.
    Note 3: I'm not providing the specifics of the logins due to privacy/meta

Now, that said, I pulled how many times he logged in this month. I'll probably go back a bit and see if I can verify his claim that he's been playing for around a year.

[​IMG]

Either way, I would concur with the others on the note that I don't recognize you, so you should try to be more involved in the community.
    Flatoftheblade likes this.
  6. Cool. Thanks, Raptor.

Strange though, I have literally never seen this guy, ever, either.
    NoFaceMan and Tomtoot like this.
  7. Raptorblaze

I haven't had time to be more thorough yet since I'm at work but...
    He never logged in in July of last year
    His first login in September of last year was the 17th

and we don't have any logs earlier than july except for like one day in June. I'd guesstimate he probably joined last September, but I'll be more thorough when I'm not at work trying to finish my last project before vacation.

Edit: Also no multikeys in sight, at least as far back as february. Once again, will perform more thorough search after work.
  8. Raptorblaze

Alright, investigation complete.

I can confirm he's been around at least since last September, though his activity on our server looks sporadic. There's a gap from late October until late February where he never logged in. Unfortunately I don't have the logs before that single day in June so if there's just two large breaks there I wouldn't be able to see it. I also found 0 evidence of any multi-keys or accounts. I'm going to err on the side of believing him.
  9. Fallen

Fallen New Member

Ive been so busy I forgot to check the site I usually play a head position but as for ooc my byond accound is fallen2132 I just don't tend to talk much I should
  10. Jariahtoadsage

Jariahtoadsage LS13 Admin

Same thing as pretty much everyone else. Ive never once seen you before. Get to know us so we can get to know you, then ill be ready to offer up an opinion :3
    NoFaceMan likes this.
  11. WellingtonTheThird

WellingtonTheThird Well-Known Member

The other applications will be reviewed and have answers on them by March 29th.

After discussing it with this applicant we came upon the agreement that it would best best to have it reviewed at the end of next month so he has more time to make himself present in the community. Keep an eye out and let us know what you think!
    Fallen likes this.
  12. Fallen

Fallen New Member

hey I was wondering if this was still a open application thanks :)
  13. daddysds1

daddysds1 Well-Known Member

Looks like it was over looked (or extended for a hella long time :) ) Anyway never seen you before and your fourm account still only has 3 posts all on this thread.
    General_Battier likes this.
  14. WellingtonTheThird

WellingtonTheThird Well-Known Member

My apologies for letting this one slip through the cracks.

Unfortunately at this time I don't feel we have a decent working knowledge of your personality so for now this will be declined. Stick around, participated on the forums and in OOC, and apply again a month or two later when you feel you're more established within the community.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.