[Denied] Dingdog7's admin application

Discussion in 'Admin Applications' started by dingdog7, Mar 30, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dingdog7

dingdog7 New Member

The new admin application format is in. As you can see they have more of a focus on prying out cognitive responses and we chipped away at some of the less useful questions.

Answer the questions in the space directly below. Do not alter the color scheme.

Example:

Byond Account:
    Dingdog7​
    Character Name(s):
    Olive matthews​
    AI Name(s):
    I mostly use the Ai name I am given or use H.O.N.K a clown based Ai.​
    Have you ever used a different BYOND key on our server? If so what was it and why:
    No​
    Timezone:
    Eastern​
    Active hours:
    Most active hours are 3:00 - 8:00 on weekends​
    And 3:00 4:30 on week days.​

___________________________________________________________________________________________

Basic Information:

Byond Account:Dingdog7
    Character Name(s):Most of the time Olive Matthews
    AI Name(s):H.O.N.K or original AI name
    Have you ever used a different BYOND key on our server? If so what was it and why:No
    Timezone:Eastern
    Active hours:3:00 4:30 week days 3:00 8:00 weekends

Experience:

Are you familiar with LS13's rules?I know most current rules like antags can kill anyone griefing ect.
    How long have you played SS13?Ive been playing ss13 for about a year or so.
    How long have you played LS13?A few months.
    How much do you know about SS13 (/tg/ build) game mechanics?Alot yes since i owned a private server i play around with the machanics like vent crawling as a human.
    Do you have any experience as an administrator for SS13?Yes as above i owned a private server and i test almost every command.
    Do you have any experience as an administrator on anything else?No.
    If yes, what did you have to do do?Nothing
    Have you ever worked in a team before?In other games i worked for a minecraft server that shutdown from a hacker.
    What are the qualities of a successful team?The qualites are being respectful to eachother and do not get mad to any one even if they scream and yell tell them to calm down state the rules maybe give them a warning like a job ban or a warning or a ban.

Personality:

Why do you play SS13?:For the fun.
    Why do you play LS13?:Because the admins are good people and its very fun.
    What do administrators do?:Administrators are supposed to make sure everyone respects the rules and if they break one of the rules they will get a warning/ban/job ban.
    Why do you want to be an administrator?:Because ive been playing this server for a few months almost everyday.
    What qualities make a good administrator?:Responding to a help and repsecting fellow administrators and following the rules like everyone else.
    What qualities make a bad administrator?:Not respecting fellow administrators or just spawning a bunch of guns and not responding to a help.
    What are your strengths?I am good at playing ss13 and other games in general I am also fast at responding to people.
    What are your weaknesses?Some of the time i have grammer or spelling errors.
    How do you overcome these weaknesses?By replacing the text ive written wrong and replace it with the right words in my sentences.
    How well do you handle stress, anger, or insults?:I will tell players to calm down.

Open Response:

Please answer each question with at least three sentences.

You're administrating on the server when you get an ahelp that Player A has been griefed by Player B. You open the attack logs and see that player B has hit player A many times with an oxygen tank putting them into critical. What do you do from here? Why did you choose to take that course of action?You respond by seeing what job they are if they are a secruity office then they will get a job ban but first you have to see if that player is a antag if they are a antag the admin will type "Legit" Meaning they were a antag or allowed to kill someone.If they are a antag you cannot warn or ban them unless they kill another antag.And you also check if player b is a antag if he is then they are allowed to kill the following player.

You're in a debate with a fellow administrator in the admin chat. You're pushing for an idea that you feel passionate about, but they keep shooting your idea down at every turn and the disappointment/anger is rising. How do you handle this?You breath in and out destroying all of your anger and tell them okay and then let it go.if they start being rude about it you consult to a higher ranked admin and tell them about it.And if the following admin starts using commands against you then you have to post a thread about the admin about a demotion so they do not ban you or ect for no reason.

What does it mean to be an administrator for our server?It means to be a leader and teach other people and make others not be mad about being killed for no reason then dealing with the problem Meaning being a admin is to be a respected leader.And if someone is a respected leader people look up to them and one day want to be just like them.And most admins who are leaders have lots of friends.

Which is more important for a community: rules or principles? Why?Rules are more important because others would be killing everyone like in some servers like goon station and most people will be upset because every round they die.And antags are killing other antags as a nuclear operative or any round that you cannot kill eachother as a antag.And most people would not like to play the following server that has no rules.

Additional Comments:
    I have been warned a few times
  2. dingdog7

dingdog7 New Member

It for some reason has a smile face for my name it is Dingdog7
  3. Flavo

Flavo Well-Known Member

I see quite a few things wrong here, can you point them out?
  4. dingdog7

dingdog7 New Member

The new admin application format is in. As you can see they have more of a focus on prying out cognitive responses and we chipped away at some of the less useful questions.?
  5. dingdog7

dingdog7 New Member

6. Flavo

Flavo Well-Known Member

Anything else?
  7. Devon

Devon Well-Known Member

Please make note of the below.

[​IMG]

I'm sorry Dingdong, but I just don't know who your are. Additionally, when you create a forum account in order to post an admin application, it makes me feel like you haven't really seen what the forum is about.
    I can't support this application, but I appreciate that it was placed. I hope you become more well known on the forums and in the game so that one day I might be able to get behind you, but for now I think it's best that you become more recognizable in the community.
    With that said, welcome to LLA! Sorry for my tone above. I hope you have a great day :D
    NoFaceMan and Flavo like this.
  8. dingdog7

dingdog7 New Member

9. dingdog7

dingdog7 New Member

Okay i understand thanks.
  10. dingdog7

dingdog7 New Member

Yeah it says three sentences i fixed it
  11. Flavo

Flavo Well-Known Member

Given that this is your first ever post on the forums as well as registering just today as devon said i cannot support this at this time. additionally your application is a copy paste of the format directly (including examples and text explaining the format). Attention to detail is important and when asked to review your own application you still didn't catch this.
  12. AncientV25

AncientV25 LS13 Admin

This is your first post on the forums, you seem to be new to the server, and I certainly don't believe you have the communication skills, or patience, for these responsibilities. Furthermore, you don't seem to be able to keep your composure under pressure. I cannot support this application whatsoever.
    Flavo likes this.
  13. TheJuicyFruit

TheJuicyFruit Well-Known Member

I cannot support this application at this time. In the few interactions I've had with you, or witnessed you have, you've shown that you cannot keep a level head, and have a poor, at best, understanding of the rules. Also, as mentioned, you've just joined the community.
    Agent1667 and Flavo like this.
  14. Psyentific

Psyentific Well-Known Member

This guy is a total chucklefuck.

Just today he came into OOC and said "lol just got off yogstation, burned it all to the ground". The round before (after? during?) that, he was in OOC asking why admins weren't responding to his reports. He seems a lot closer to 15 than 25, and he gives me the impression of an immature babby who can't solve his own problems.
    JPR, Devon and Mabblies like this.
  15. cheif264

cheif264 LS13 Admin

Honestly I feel like I may sound harsh here but I couldn't go with this ether. The few times I have seen you on I've noticed you seem to get frustrated easily and have trouble controlling such anger and as Psy said i also saw the post in OOC saying "lol just got off yogstation, burned it all to the ground" and then remember you posting another saying you were banned from that server (for obvious reasons) but the fact that you find it "funny" that you "burned a station to the ground" and then got banned makes me feel like you find it funny to break the rules that the admins are there to enforce.
    Devon likes this.
  16. Jariahtoadsage

Jariahtoadsage LS13 Admin

While i understand that you were trying to get a point across, perhaps we can try to do so in a less antagonistic manner?
  17. Devon

Devon Well-Known Member

This should probably be closed for obvious reasons. We're inviting more antagonistic opinions if we let this remain.
    NoFaceMan and Flavo like this.
  18. Flavo

Flavo Well-Known Member

These applications are reviewed monthly, What i'd like to ask of everyone is if its already been mentioned you don't need to reiterate it. Just because an app is open for so long doesn't mean there chances improve, Wellington is out for a few days and I'd just like to preemptively ask that this thread not "go places"
  19. WellingtonTheThird

WellingtonTheThird Well-Known Member

Thanks for applying!

Unfortunately you're not currently what we're looking for to fill the role of administrator. Don't let that discourage you, though. Stick around the community, play some games with folks, and let us really get to know who you are and that you've got the server and community's best interests at heart then reapply.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.