[Denied]AdrianBerger's Admin Application

Discussion in 'Admin Applications' started by AdrianBerger, Mar 20, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AdrianBerger

AdrianBerger New Member

Basic Information:

Byond Account: Adrian_Berger
    Character Name(s): Adrian Berger
    AI Name(s): Jockey
    Have you ever used a different BYOND key on our server? If so what was it and why: No.
    Timezone: Can't really tell, a admin can look at it.
    Active hours: Anytime, espically on 1PM.

Experience:

Are you familiar with LS13's rules? Of course I am! And will always be!
    How long have you played SS13? Started on 02/20/2015
    How long have you played LS13? I have only played LLA.
    How much do you know about SS13 (/tg/ build) game mechanics? I know pretty much, not alot though.
    Do you have any experience as an administrator for SS13? Yes, I own a private server.
    Do you have any experience as an administrator on anything else? Nope.
    If yes, what did you have to do do? --
    Have you ever worked in a team before? Of course I did, got exiled for no reason though.
    What are the qualities of a successful team? Help people, Ban people that doesn't do/listen what admins say or do.

Personality:

Why do you play SS13?: I love this game so much.
    Why do you play LS13?: As again, I play LLA though. And because the server is the best for me.
    What do administrators do?: Bans, fix bugs, report bugs, help, and many more.
    Why do you want to be an administrator?: Being a administrator makes a good team, I am good at coding and being a nice admin.
    What qualities make a good administrator?: Good admins, Admins that help everyone.
    What qualities make a bad administrator?:Ban people for no reason, frame, lie.
    What are your strengths? Good grammar, perfect admin skills.
    What are your weaknesses? Don't really know, but I'm sure that it's at coding.
    How do you overcome these weaknesses? Learn perfectly and good.
    How well do you handle stress, anger, or insults?: Think 3 seconds before I do something.

Open Response:

Please answer each question with at least three sentences.

You're administrating on the server when you get an ahelp that Player A has been griefed by Player B. You open the attack logs and see that player B has hit player A many times with an oxygen tank putting them into critical. What do you do from here? Why did you choose to take that course of action? I ask if they need some help because it's a grief kill.

You're in a debate with a fellow administrator in the admin chat. You're pushing for an idea that you feel passionate about, but they keep shooting your idea down at every turn and the disappointment/anger is rising. How do you handle this? As again, think 3 seconds before doing somthing.

What does it mean to be an administrator for our server? Help people and be nice.

Which is more important for a community: rules or principles? Why? Rules, Because if they weren't there, the community would be broken and everyone will cuss.
  2. General_Battier

General_Battier LS13 Admin

I don't think I've seen you much. How long have you been on LS13?
  3. NoFaceMan

NoFaceMan Guest

4. Mabblies

Mabblies Well-Known Member

This is asking for your timezone, if you don't know it you can google it.
    Could you expand on this?
    I am not sure what you mean by "everyone will cuss", could you explain?
  5. Agent1667

Agent1667 Well-Known Member

You don't know your timezone, you think cussing is against the rules, application is fairly short and bland, and I've never seen you before.

EDIT: Your application says your eighteen, yet your account says you are sixteen. Which is true?
    NoFaceMan likes this.
  6. Flavo

Flavo Well-Known Member

Its pretty neat you would like to help out but at this time i cannot support this application and highly recommend more time and effort on the server before one.

I've played with, observed, and spoken to you many times in the past, on top of being currently job banned from silicons you have a issue with IC in OOC, warned more then once about it and various arguing about admin rulings on those matters. Not really something I'd like to see on the team. On top of all this, your application is.. very small and binary, many answers do not reflect what we look for in the team.
    JPR and Agent1667 like this.
  7. Haven't seen you enough or good enough things from you to support you, However when I applied I didn't know my timezone and thinking cussing is against the rules isn't that big of a misunderstanding, and I feel it shouldn't be held against you.
    Prove that you want to help the server and willing to put time towards it.
  8. Devon

Devon Well-Known Member

Owning a private server doesn't really count as administrative. Unless you have a playerbase, of course.

I can't support this. While there is no official rule that says you can't become an admin until you've played -this- long, one month doesn't feel like the right amount of time. The vague notes, the note of being exiled 'for no reason'... They lead me to believe you may not have had the most decorated administrative or team-based paths.
  9. Mabblies

Mabblies Well-Known Member

Well, at the very least it would give him some level of familiarity with the admin commands.
    NoFaceMan likes this.
  10. WellingtonTheThird

WellingtonTheThird Well-Known Member

Thank you for the application. As it stands it is very bare and doesn't seem as if much effort was put into it. You also didn't properly fill out the open response section which calls for your answer to be three sentences. At this time you're not what we're looking for in admin applicants, but don't let that discourage you from trying again. You may put in another application in a couple of months.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.