Deleted post in Tales

Discussion in 'General' started by IMVader, Apr 16, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. IMVader

IMVader Well-Known Member

So, I was reading this thread and stumbled upon this post:

I didn't quite understand it, and asked for clarification from the poster. FlavoredCactus, praised be, noticed one of the possible interpretations could be metabuddying and decided it was better to annihilate any germ of insurrection before it had the chance to spread, promptly deleting my question/post. He was kind enough to let me know through private message:

I hope I've now taken it to the appropriate sub forum, so I repeat my question:

Jariah, could you please clarify what you tried to say in that post?
    QuantumWings likes this.
  2. Mindtrixx

Mindtrixx Well-Known Member

Why is everyone so over dramatic as of late?

This really could of been handled via PM to Jariah as well, although I'm glad you're asking for meanings before assuming.
  3. This is pretty laughable moderation.

Look, I like every single person involved in that tale...but the meta is obvious and this is not the first time Cactus has tried to prevent anyone from talking about it, instead of trying to set proper boundaries for what IC relationships should be.

(To clarify, there was nothing wrong in that tale. It was cute, harmless fun. But there is something wrong when it's impossible to assassinate or legitimately arrest certain characters without having to fight half a dozen other characters who will hang around and support each other regardless of the context. But Cactus doesn't like people mentioning that.)
    IMVader, Keyword22 and QuantumWings like this.
  4. daddysds1

daddysds1 Well-Known Member

Just responding to keep an eye on this thread.

I can't post anything more then that or a shit storm will start.
  5. You could just click "watch thread" at the top right of the page.
    IMVader, Raptorblaze and QuantumWings like this.
  6. Mindtrixx

Mindtrixx Well-Known Member

I think the point is that if you have a issue with certain circles you should Ahelp or make a incident report like the John/Emma and Cynthia/Ryan ones and not take it to a:

tale thread where people are trying to share a story they enjoyed.

Edit: Disclaimer: I do not speak for no anybody but myself, Flavo's reasoning could be different.
    Draden Kamikaze likes this.
  7. These are always fun.
  8. It was a direct response to something alluded to in a post contained in the thread, though.

I've said it before, but I think it's very silly that the staff here tend to have expectations that everyone should be as much of a douche to one another as possible in game, but walk on eggshells and dare not utter anything that might be construed as offending someone in OOC.
    QuantumWings likes this.
  9. Flavo

Flavo Well-Known Member

Lest we forget...
    [​IMG]

It is my role to keep the forums a bit clean and remove the toxicity from the air, in the past threads/tales have been locked/removed due to these sort of derailed debates coming up. People don't seem to realize funposting on someones tale thread may discourage them from wanting to make another and I've seen a certain pattern with a certain group of players innocently hanging out together in a RP sense and not so much contributing to the action getting funposted on because
  10. Please don't bring up that Tale again, Cactus. If your goal is to "remove toxicity," reviving that is quite counterproductive.
    QuantumWings likes this.
  11. General_Battier

General_Battier LS13 Admin

Im so confused on where this thread is going..
    (No fun zone)
    Mindtrixx likes this.
  12. Flavo

Flavo Well-Known Member

It's bringing up that its happened before and itl happen again which is why I'm stopping it from happening again, other incidents have been people posting on peoples bios pointing out there flaws and insulting them. This is why i removed the post on the slumber party thread.

Vader, as for your OP in this thread, please PM Jariah for clarification.

As for the post that was deleted, it was "Humm, care to explain this?" as a response to "when i saw Kate stroll in i was like "Oh no .... WERE FUCKING DEAD MATE, ITS FUCKING OVER ......" then i remembered Emma was in the room, and calmed down."
    And given past incidents we know exactly where this thread was heading...

In the future when regarding "Tales" threads, if you feel someones thread may be violation of rules please make a incident report and if its a legit report the post may be removed as to not encourage the behavior, if its not well theres a reason the post is still there. If you dont like the person leave the thread alone and just go on about your day, you do you.

Being a douche IC isn't encouraged, if anything I've mentioned to people who have been wonderful IC to everyone that i appreciate what there doing. as for OOC you gotta remember one thing, a game is a game, this is a community of friends playing said game. The game can get competitive but you wouldn't get in a slap fight with your friend over mario kart.

As to not derail any further the thread will be locked and i hope the message of what not to reply in tales thread was read. the OP is about getting clarification from jariah which can be done with a PM.
    General_Battier likes this.
  13. Flavo

Flavo Well-Known Member

I completely missed this when reading this thread initially. For the first part its not that I am preventing you or anyone from talking about it its that I am preventing people from talking about it in the wrong channels.

As for setting boundaries I've setup a thread that has some past rulings as well as a discussion to ask questions regarding the topic of consistent friendships.
    http://www.llagaming.net/forums/threads/consistent-friendships.3977/
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.