Cyb's Iconner Application

Discussion in 'Iconner/Coder Applications (closed/obsolet)' started by CYBORZ, Nov 9, 2014.

1. CYBORZ

CYBORZ LS13 Iconner

Byond Name: CYBORZ
    What do you like to be called: Cyb
    Past iconning experience: I do not have any past experience with any other servers.
    How long you have been iconning for: Close to a week now -I do code on the other hand and I decided to check out iconning... I hope they're good because I spent a little time on them (close to 1 & 1/2 hours). I still have a lot to learn so I may or may not need help figuring something out without messing it up.

Epic Code: 935 MAB
    Examples of your work: This was my first stuff I ever made, I know its not great but I improved a lot! Look below in the comments to see future icons.
    Armored Exo-suit.jpg Armored Exo-suit_back.jpg Electric Rifle.jpg

As seen above, the first picture is an powered and armoured exo-suit.The 2nd picture is the back view of the exo-suit. The 3rd picture is military Zerithian rifle (Its a made up thing...) and runs on batteries/power. (Also, sorry if the pictures aren't in the greatest quality and might be stretched out because I had to use the program 'paint' to save them as a different format besides .dmi) Anyways, this is just the first 3 of 6 things I ever made, there could be more I may add on to this application.
    Do you have Skype: I do, but I don't use it often,
    NoFaceMan likes this.
  2. CYBORZ

CYBORZ LS13 Iconner

Out of curiosity, how do I insert the 'gif' versions where stuff changes to it through a potential action? (i.e. my grenade going off...) I'm having trouble finding a way to insert it and it doesn't let me :/
  3. Pumpkin Man

Pumpkin Man LS13 Admin Staff Member

Hi there, please post your Skype so I can add and assist you better.
  4. CYBORZ

CYBORZ LS13 Iconner

I'll PM you it, I rather not display it in-front of half the community.
  5. The first two suits and the rifle look really good but the other two look a little out of place, otherwise they look gooood
  6. CYBORZ

CYBORZ LS13 Iconner

I appreciate it! Also, the suit isn't too much of my good work, it lacks colouring and doesn't fit on a human - if anything it could be a mech suit. I'm currently working on a masterpiece anyways, hopefully will be done by Thursday, if not, it'll be out soon then...
    Flatoftheblade likes this.
  7. CYBORZ

CYBORZ LS13 Iconner

Well here it is! I finished part of my masterpiece finally. As you can see below, my so called masterpiece is an armored exo-suit (It fits on a human too, also shown below). The item is yet to have an item state (and holding feature/look)
    EpicSuit4Views.jpg
    The purpose is yet to be announced due to... well it's an armored suit I mean, it could be a security juggernaut suit or even for the syndicate (to be bought with their tele-crystals, they could get a better armored suit). The suit above has full animations yet I was too lazy to create a gif for each direction and in-general at all (I might add it in). So, the only thing left to be posted related to the suit is the helmet- yet to be started.
  8. Flavo

Flavo Well-Known Member

That looks like a recolor of the centcom armor. :|​
  9. CYBORZ

CYBORZ LS13 Iconner

Thanks. You can ask Lichling because I made it from scratch... It wasn't intended - I didn't even use it as a guideline, and yet it actually doesn't look like the centcomm suit personally.
  10. Mabblies

Mabblies Well-Known Member

One think I would like is a profile picture for you, it makes you look much more professional.
    CYBORZ likes this.
  11. CYBORZ

CYBORZ LS13 Iconner

Be surprised, I'm working on it ;P
  12. CYBORZ

CYBORZ LS13 Iconner

Alrighty! I made another icon for a special 'project' which I will not reveal completely but, I'm going to show you the icon and I'd like to ask you what do you think it looks like and should be improved (Shape, colour, etc).
    Fighter.png
    What could this be..?
  13. Mindtrixx

Mindtrixx Well-Known Member

Ore!
    A half-melted robotic shark!
    A jackal!
    A really small mountain! Which is really just a rock...

ORE, FINAL ANSWER.
    NoFaceMan and CYBORZ like this.
  14. A WEIRD SPACESHIP
  15. CYBORZ

CYBORZ LS13 Iconner

Bingo. It's my first prototype of my project; nothing more needed to say but, should there be any suggestions to improve the current model feel free to comment below. Currently, it stands looking a bit like a fish or shark head (for the bottom of the ship is also rounded), the visors are a little small/weird and the fin is too smooth. I'll be fixing all that soon to come and adding perhaps more detail to the engine and more lights + landing gear.
  16. I think the reason its hard to tell its a ship is because past the red part it starts to look like a shriveled up raisin
  17. CYBORZ

CYBORZ LS13 Iconner

Fair enough, I guess I could see that being a problem... Anyways, I made a second version and I think it's better than it was. I made the shape of it a little different, flatter bottom and higher cockpit. 2nd picture you'll see is the -first ever- landing gears for the ship.
    Fighter_2.png Fighter_2Landed.png
    NoFaceMan likes this.
  18. NoFaceMan

NoFaceMan Guest

Challenge, make one of these:
    1. New mech.
    2. New Security uniform.
    3. New Space Ninja outfit.
  19. Mabblies

Mabblies Well-Known Member

Make the ship longer by a little
    CYBORZ likes this.
  20. CYBORZ

CYBORZ LS13 Iconner

Will do but, what's your definition of "a little"? I mean currently the icon is 29 pixels in width so I can only make it 1 more pixel longer before it's too cramped (for other icon details like engine thrust when moving). So is that all for the ship..? I mean it's generally fine as is or should there be more... lights and what not..? Anyways, thanks for your feedback.