Consistent Friendships

Discussion in 'General' started by Flavo, Apr 16, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Flavo

Flavo Well-Known Member

Context is important.
  2. JPR

JPR Well-Known Member

Pretty much no, unless they're an engineer and no sing, or sec and batoning people. You CAN, but it's usually not worth the hassle.
  3. daddysds1

daddysds1 Well-Known Member

If you don't stop them, They will keep doing it.

If there not doing there job alert them and tell them to get on it.

If they still refuse i think a telescoptic baton to the head followed by a swift demote will make them do there job next time or hate you for the rest of there ss13 life.
    QuantumWings, JPR and IMVader like this.
  4. IMVader

IMVader Well-Known Member

Boy, have I demoted lazy heads of staff and captains.

You have a choice between gaining social capital and making the station work.

I try to warn those with restricted access others are needing services from, and demote them if they fail to provide said services (when I have time to do it, and a replacement available).
    QuantumWings likes this.
  5. JPR

JPR Well-Known Member

I agree with everything you said. The TROUBLE, is that you can't permanently demote them, and you make enemies that way.
    QuantumWings likes this.
  6. JPR

JPR Well-Known Member

Mhm. I'll generally leave LAZY people alone, but INCOMPETENT(mostly griffists) people do need to be demoted.
  7. daddysds1

Makeing enemies is not an issue because i make it clear if i see them in a job again and there not doing it * cough * engi * cough* i will beat there ass again.

But CE job 24/7 is a permaban from the job if i see you lol.

USE EDIT YOU.

nope demote the lazy to fucking lazy people are fucking incompetent
  8. JPR

JPR Well-Known Member

Hmph. I have a sudden urge to join engineering and roleplay a lazy engi who lounger RIGHT outside his boss's office (is that the right suffix? boss's?)
    But you'll come and get meh :p
  9. daddysds1

Lol If i see lazy / incompetent engis i make a habit of chasing them down for the whole round. So don't do it while im the CE :cool:
    Raptorblaze likes this.
  10. Raptorblaze

Raptorblaze Head Coder Staff Member

The reason me and rodnie never got along was because as CE I always made a habit out of watching to see who ditched without setting up the engine, and then dedicated however long it to took to forcible stripping them of their engi gear and demoting them.

And he did that, every round.
    IMVader, JPR and daddysds1 like this.
  11. daddysds1

They allways think they get away. And then a CE in a bloody hardsuit rounds a corner with a stun baton and handcuffs
    JPR likes this.
  12. Keyword22

Keyword22 Well-Known Member

Example: I am the RD, round starts and my scientist goes to the bar for X reason, I kindly ask him to come help me with toxins/RND
    He refuses says he wants to stay there chatting with a friend. Several Minutes pass and he never shows up, do I have solid grounds for demotion?
    QuantumWings likes this.
  13. Flavo

Flavo Well-Known Member

It is in the RDs position to manage his science team, if a scientist isn't being a teamplayer or contributing then there is grounds for termination. however the reason should be on his lack of contributions to science and not because hes with his friends.
  14. Obadiah Mayland

Obadiah Mayland Well-Known Member

*salty levels reaching maximum capacity* ALERT! ALERT!
  15. JPR

JPR Well-Known Member

Mmm. Not really DEMOTION, but I'd feel justified in doing whatever you wanted to do there, and then exclude him from it. The only thing that really NEEDS help to set up is the sing, and even that can be a one person job and is only included due to the tedium and the fact that it MUST be done.
    Remember, it IS just a game.
    Flavo likes this.
  16. Flavo

Flavo Well-Known Member

Ok i think everything has been addressed then. closing the discussion on this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.