Consistent Friendships

Discussion in 'General' started by Flavo, Apr 16, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Flavo

Flavo Well-Known Member

AncientV25 likes this.
  2. What's that? I think you should quote that a few more times so I can make sure I read it.
  3. Flavo

Flavo Well-Known Member

Well then, the policy displayed in the OP is what it has been forever and it wont be changing any time soon.
    Telling people how to RP their own relationships is a slippery slope to NopeyRP and i wont be changing that anytime soon. If someone wants to decide to fight a traitor with a esword because the traitor is killing someone he likes sure, if he decides "Im not gonna fight this guy" thats fine too, pick and chose your battles. As always inter-round gangs and people blindly assisting eachother in crimes because its there friends is already covered in the rules.
  4. Eighty8

Eighty8 Well-Known Member

Answer: Murderbone all the time errytime ;)
    Flatoftheblade likes this.
  5. Mel Gar is no metabuddy-er. He hates everyone equally. Especially Perseus. ;)
    Eighty8 likes this.
  6. BRAINOS

BRAINOS Well-Known Member

1. <3
    2. Nobody in their right mind would report that over comms and paint a huge target on their forehead.
    3. Even if it was one of Preston's friends, and he did end up fighting or reporting the murder, how exactly would that be metafriending? That, to me, sounds like a feasible thing ICly. Is it frustrating that Preston wouldn't stick his neck out for a stranger? Yes, I'm sorry, it is frustrating, and not quite nice at all, however, I wouldn't call it metafriending.
    4. If the odds were any more in my favor, actually, I would've been more than happy to tase them down and have them dealt with. However, I was totally unarmed, completely alone against two people with a stunprod and a fire axe. Security was practically non-existent, and these people very clearly demonstrated what they do to people who stick their neck out too far when they murdered you. We both got boned by the odds there.

As I said earlier, metafriending is special treatment when it doesn't make IC sense.
    Raptor and Flavo like this.
  7. LLA Don Zombie

LLA Don Zombie The Don Staff Member

I don't see friendship as the problem, but friends doing things that are against the rules for friends. That seems like an issue we can work on. I really don't want to tell people they can't be kind to their friends though. As with anything, context is key.

#DamZomieSpeaksWords
  8. Kneeskeysllama

Kneeskeysllama Well-Known Member

Ok...
    I believe that the whole perc round thing was kinda crazy and things went way overboard. And I'm so sorry that it ruined your round. I can assure you that it won't ever happen again. (I don't think they (bat n Eluxor) were aware that Emma was traitor and that was why things ended up the way they did.

I know no amount of sorries can take back that round, or fix all this. And I do understand your overall concern about unfairness. I just want to reassure you that people on the other side of this don't intend to ruin your or anybody's round. They don't intend to be unfair. They just want to be around friends and do what they think is fun. And like all the admins say if YOU feel like it's getting out of hand, report it. Let them know. Or just ask or tell the people directly.

Personally, i just feel as if there are some issues but you're directing it at the wrong people. You're yelling wolf!! At sheep. Is how I feel.

I apologize if this offends but...goddamn..I feel like you're not listening to what we are saying and that you're really too set in your thoughts. And I'm really unsure if there's anything I can say at this point.
  9. BRAINOS

BRAINOS Well-Known Member

Let's all hug the squishy rubber man.

[​IMG]

EDIT: FUCK WRONG IMAGE
  10. Look, it's all good. Water under the bridge (although when you say "they didn't know she was a traitor"...well, that's kind of the problem, they reactively moved to interfere with a legitimate arrest without knowing anything about the context, just because of who was being arrested). I meant to shotgun call out a bunch of examples to demonstrate an overall trend on the server. Not to say "all of these people should be banned." I don't want a single person I mentioned there to be banned, as a matter of fact.

I referenced a bunch of grey area stuff that, taken together, gets pretty annoying eventually, when round after round there are a dozen people on the station who are untouchable and conferred preferential treatment even while they walk over the corpses of "outsiders." Everyone knows the really aggressive and bad metabuddy groups who harass and fight everybody (like Kira Grey, Vee Sky and Bobby De Bruin, for example) are terrible and clearly cross the line, and those people get banned eventually, so there was no point mentioning them.
    IMVader and QuantumWings like this.
  11. Flavo

Flavo Well-Known Member

Is there anything anyone else has to ask about the topic of friendships? or has everything been covered?
  12. IMVader

IMVader Well-Known Member

Were you playing responsibly and had consistently showed responsibility? Because that is more than enough for me to support an acting captain. If the power void is big enough, in fact, I'll settle for not outright showing being terrible (prioritizing those reporting crimes and generally behaving more lawfully aligned than chaotically).

But if you really saw metagaming and the likes I suggest you AHelp.

As Flat said, that was the problem. They were not aware of anything regarding the situation, and even then blindly jumped up against security in your defense.

I'm completely sure their intent was not to ruin anybody's round (I'm not even talking about you, because you did nothing wrong, it was they who did it). I don't think Flat was saying that, and I'm sure I wasn't. He stated himself he likes a lot all of the players involved, and I say the same. What we are trying to say is that certain behaviors impact negatively on other players, without you or anyone intending for that to happen. Nobody is yelling "wolf" (and if someone is, I'll disagree with said person).
    Flatoftheblade likes this.
  13. Flavo

Flavo Well-Known Member

Right ill assume everything was covered then. Moving on.
  14. If you had a problem with my playstyle, I kindof expected you to come to me about it and ask me to change it or bring it up to me, not throw little jabs here and there in a thread, Yes Im generally useless IC, when I am on I answer -alot- of the Ahelps I can. This leads me to not get too invested IC and to just dick around.
    You have never came to me and said "Hey draden you've been doing this with blaine, can you chill alittle or hey can you try to make Noir a little more helpful IC when you play him, I dont like how he acts much. I have however gotten little jabs from you here and there in other places. Yes Noir is a dunce and is generally silly/useless I expect if anyone has a problem with what he does they bring it to me so we can actually come to a compromise.
    Obadiah Mayland likes this.
  15. Flavo

Flavo Well-Known Member

I suppose its worth interjecting here. This should probably go to some PM about the personal issues and Ill likely be cracking down more on flamebait per http://www.llagaming.net/forums/threads/by-order-of-sir-h-a-wellington-the-third.3757/#post-59556
    So in the future, if your gonna make a post attack the action not the person.

Let the next post please be about the topic of "Consistent Friendships" or "Metabuddies" some sort of question or asking for clarification of a example listed anywhere in here.
  16. daddysds1

daddysds1 Well-Known Member

Alright going to go ahead and post this for mabb.

From my point of view i assume examples would be this.

And of course other examples.

I said yes to this but wanted to know what others think.
  17. Flavo

Flavo Well-Known Member

demoting people purely for having friends seems like a OOC reason to do it.

Those examples you provided sound fair to demote though daddy. context is important.

some bad example would be to demote someone (lets say chef) for letting his buddy assist him in the kitchen because "THEY ARE FRIENDS".
  18. Keyword22

Keyword22 Well-Known Member

Can I demote somebody for skipping work and wandering off with a friend?
    QuantumWings likes this.
  19. daddysds1

daddysds1 Well-Known Member

I would assume so as it would be dereliction of duty or insubordination
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.