Clash of the playstyles: Fixing it with CODE

Discussion in 'General' started by Flavo, Feb 5, 2015.

1. kadingir

kadingir The Guide

It is counting gearing up time, hacking into the capts office from the hallway outside it only takes about 25-40 seconds without knowing the wires when you start.
  2. IMVader

IMVader Well-Known Member

You can still hack without gloves.
    No captain's spare means crew without HoP or Cap will simply lack access.
    Making hacking system more complex will simply add minutes until someone figures the wires, same as any other feature really.
    QuantumWings and kadingir like this.
  3. Kegsey

Kegsey LS13 Admin

The multi-tool is your bitch here, you go up or down, and it will either turn off the power (Open the door) or Bolt the door, which you can then just pulse it again and carry on. Easy to do even if you don't have gloves, just don't do it on the door you're planning on hacking into.
    kadingir, IMVader and NoFaceMan like this.
  4. Cody522

Cody522 Well-Known Member

Easy to do even with wirecutters? You still get shocked using multitools if you don't know the wires.
    kadingir likes this.
  5. Kegsey

Kegsey LS13 Admin

"just don't do it on the door you're planning on hacking into." was meant to accommodate that too.
    kadingir likes this.
  6. WeedMunchies

WeedMunchies Active Member

Im against civilian tasers they would cause ton of problems(greytides, her derp shoot officer and pull assistant away)
    I think changing strip times wont help either.
    Changing space law might help but i think big part of community that greytides will rebel even harder if they get locked for longer time.

We talked about custom security ranks and award system for good officers. I think that will make security better and more polite which will calm down people. Im not saying this will fix everything but having custom ranks and vanity items that encourage people to be goodcurity will make everyones round more fun. It would be nice if someone could find thread where we talked about this.
    QuantumWings, Eluxor and kadingir like this.
  7. kadingir

kadingir The Guide

We tested this on the test server a while back, didn't work, made everything so much worse.[/quote]

It might help with the old "stun, strip, and run" a bit, but the jumpsuit and exosuit strip times are already so high these days, might not do much more by making stripping take longer if this is still a big problem.[/quote]

This is true, being brigged just pisses a lot of people off, meaning they will either end up escalating future conflicts in that round or metagrudge or grey tide even harder in future rounds, ideally the brig could be removed completely, but it is a threat that can work to a small extent even if it just does more damage a lot of the time.

All of my yes to this as long as most roles get a similar system, we need more incentive to do our jobs and do them well, and to treat others better, i think that custom ranks and an award system, along with a completely separate karma system for just overall goodness.
    QuantumWings, Eluxor, Kegsey and 2 others like this.
  8. Cody522

Cody522 Well-Known Member

I don't understand why people think making space law more strict will help anything.
    If you play the game you would understand it doesn't mean shit to criminals.
  9. IMVader

IMVader Well-Known Member

Labor does. I'm much more careful on my graytiding (and I'm trying to accomplish any objective) if there is a risk I'll be sent to labor instead of given a timer.
    JPR and Cody522 like this.