Clash of the playstyles: Fixing it with CODE

Discussion in 'General' started by Flavo, Feb 5, 2015.

1. Then everyone would be banned because the donation link is broken in spite of me harassing admins to fix it for months. :p
    IMVader and kadingir like this.
  2. Kane000555

Kane000555 Member

I like the idea of the crew having tasers because I always attack the brig because all the crew are completely unarmed and have nothing to defend them selves with so I attack to get a weapon to defend against enemys of the station but end up using it to defend against shitcurity being mass shit. I also do it because shitcurity is always shit so I try to strip them all of there jobs and throw them into the hall naked so they can't fuck stuff up for everyone but I end up being abused because they are already shit and there is nothing to do about it because they are given to much power. give the crew some power or take away lots of shitcurity's
  3. Agent1667

Agent1667 Well-Known Member

They aren't always Shitcurity just because they won't give you, a civilian, a taser.

Security is meant to keep peace, you purposely try to overthrow the system, and then get pissed because you got arrested?

People cant get better or learn if you grey tide and strip them all. A little patience goes a long way.

As for civilian tasers, NO. GOD NO. I played on the server around that time (I vaguely remember them) and it was horrible. We have too much griefing and grey tide to just give EVERYONE a stun weapon.
  4. Kane000555

Kane000555 Member

I get a taser to defend against shitlers and antags. if the station is being raided by syndicates or a wizard congrats you sent an army of unarmed crew members on a manhunt for them and they will all be mowed down because there only weapon is disarm
  5. Agent1667

Agent1667 Well-Known Member

Well, they aren't really supposed to just chase down antagonists. Also, the unarmed bit is completely untrue. Anybody can make a stun prod.

I bet if an officer asked why you had a taser, you'd just shoot him and run. You're that type. You have no basis to yell "SHITCURITY" when your arrested after for assault on an officer. They aren't shitlers or antagonists, they are doing their job.
  6. JPR

JPR Well-Known Member

What the hell? If you, as someone without access, broke into the brig as a nonantag, with the METAGAMING intent to steal sec weapons at ROUND START to defend yourself from the threats that you DON'T know are there, that sec SHOULD be able to deal with, but can't due to people like you breaking in and taking all their time, I'd either perma you or execute you for mutiny, attempted murder(Why do you want the things that are INTENDED to hurt people), and maybe grand sabotage. There was a resolved adminhelp recently, where the admins defended cody throwing the book at some greytiders... and after hearing this post, I'd do the same. This sounds like a career criminal rather than Batman. If you want to be armed and defend the station (or yourself), either spend 2 seconds to make a stun baton, or JOIN SEC. DON'T WHINE ABOUT THEM STOPPING YOU. EITHER DON'T ATTACK THEM AND LET THEM DO THEIR JOB(or at least WAIT till shit goes down), OR JOIN THEM. If you wan their powers but not their responsibilities, then I don't like you, but if you ALSO call them "shit" for doing their job of defending the brig, then... . Stop greytiding and see it from their point of view.
  7. Keone2

Keone2 Active Member

JPR players are given the knowledge of game mechanics so they know about antags from the gecko, but pretending you don't is more fun and funnier.

Kane just go assistant and ask officers and such if you can become their assistants, and if you both stay loyal to security then the batons will flow too you.
    kadingir likes this.
  8. JPR

JPR Well-Known Member

Well yeah. And we're also light RP. That said, what would you think of an assistant who stole the nuke disk and kept it till he saw a wizard, then just dropped it?
    Agent1667 likes this.
  9. What I do when I'm not in the right mode to play sec with all the restrictions that entails, is play as my assistant character, arm up with gear from maint, and PDA security offering bounty hunter/intelligence gathering/undercover services. Every single time I've done it, they've gone along with it and accepted help from me, and half the time they end up offering me weapons without me even asking after I prove myself reliable and competent. It's good fun and you don't have to antagonize any decent people.
  10. JPR

JPR Well-Known Member

Yeah. I'd LOVE to help you as sec if you did that... just the roundstart armory break in is NOT OK.
  11. Of course. I usually end up with sunglasses, insulated gloves, a disabler, flashes, cleaner nades, galoshes, a flashbang and more, just from exploring maint, without having to steal anything. So looting the brig is really not necessary. I've been pretty stoked about how nicely sec have consistently played along and I like to "give back" to sec and be like the "anti-greytide" assistant. Unless they act like shitcurity, that is.
    QuantumWings and Cody522 like this.
  12. Mabblies

Mabblies Well-Known Member

Then the harmbatons shall rain
  13. IMVader

IMVader Well-Known Member

What did I just read?

So you get a taser to defend from people like yourself?
  14. Mindtrixx

Mindtrixx Well-Known Member

Griffin logic.
  15. Benblu

Benblu Firstest

I don't think coding out playstyles is going to help, cactus.
    coding keys that will always start out as retarded manchildren clunwes will help tho
    Agent1667, Cody522 and kadingir like this.
  16. Cody522

Cody522 Well-Known Member

Yeah the main way to fix the problem with play styles and shitlerism is to change the rules. If the style isn't compatible with the rules, it gets stomped on and the players are encouraged to play somewhere else.

On the server I don't think there's any big change, we're all just used to getting away with doing whatever we want. More people have become experts at the LLA style: easy going, laid back, few restrictions as long as you don't murder. But murder baiting is easy as long as you can confuse the admin enough to have him call it escalation. It's no surprise to see greysuits armed to the teeth with all access a half hour into the round, or most places that aren't security broken into and open to the public. Security never will be a deterrent, it's just a way to piss people off and enable them to be greytiders. On the test server when security was removed, the game became seriously boring because security was no longer there as a challenge. There was no fun action and thrill without antags coming out. Without antags showing their faces, the crew will cannibalize itself with its need for violence and fun.

Code wise, get rid of all the free insulated gloves in maintenance, delete the captain's spare and only spawn it on the captain. Chance the wire hacking system to something more difficult rather than binary.

Add stuff that gives jobs goals, have the end round points thing like other servers. It won't do much but it will be cool nonetheless
    QuantumWings and kadingir like this.
  17. JPR

JPR Well-Known Member

Half an hour? 5 min more like it. I think this post will SCARE assistants.
  18. Cody522

Cody522 Well-Known Member

In this case, that would be mimes specifically since people use that as the border line grief job.

#RemoveMimes #NoonePlaysThemRight
    Mabblies and Flatoftheblade like this.
  19. kadingir

kadingir The Guide

More like 1-2 minutes, the rush to capts spare on highish pop with no capt is a thing of beauty.
    NoFaceMan and Cody522 like this.
  20. JPR

JPR Well-Known Member

Yeah, but that's not counting time till they're armed and tooled, and gloved.:p