Clash of the playstyles: Fixing it with CODE

Discussion in 'General' started by Flavo, Feb 5, 2015.

1. Players tell us about cool shit they do in ahelp anyway, you seem to have very little faith in our community, why is that?
  2. Theodysseygamer

Theodysseygamer Active Member

Probably because no amount of coding can fix a toxic playerbase..?
    QuantumWings and Cody522 like this.
  3. No, but it can help and encourage better behavior. Just like administrating can.
    QuantumWings likes this.
  4. Theodysseygamer

Um, how? Unless you're seriously suggesting adding clothing to good players will be an incentive to stop round after round sec lynches and playerbase bum buddies?
    The people that do this stuff find it FUN to do, adding hats and scarfs isnt going to calm the trigger fingers down. what we need is a playerbase outlet, we need a thunderdome that is accessible at the station, some place the lynchers can lynch each other and not sec.
    NoFaceMan, JPR, Eluxor and 1 other person like this.
  5. Well, we do have an area for fighting, we have a mini thunderdome in Virtual reality thankyou, maybe you should log in and check it out. And no a karma system encourages better behavior and more creative play, I didnt say it would fix all our problems.
  6. Theodysseygamer

Explain to me how a karma system fixes anything, and when was the last time someone even used the VR system?
    QuantumWings likes this.
  7. The VR is actually used quite often from what I've seen, but you said they need an area to kill eachother like a thunderdome, the VR has that without the actual consequence of dying. I also just said how it would help but you seem to be ignoring what I say.
  8. Theodysseygamer

Oh you mean this?

I meant expand on how giving clothing/flavor rewards to good players solves anything, how is it an incentive for those that steal shit constantly every round and lynch sec for them to up and quit their playstyle and be good productive crew members?
  9. Take a look at any reward system on the many games that have them?
  10. Theodysseygamer

ok.
    So you want people to stop having fun so they can get useless attire..?
  11. Flavo

Flavo Well-Known Member

TOG, i think the point of the karma system had already been proven to be flawed. and the "player base is toxic, nothing you can do to fix it" mindset is very closed and unproductive, this back and forth beating of the dead horse isn't getting anyone where, do you have any sort of solution via code that might make the game a bit more fun for sec, a bit more fun for non-sec. and something that could make the game more of a game and not a stressful time?
  12. Theodysseygamer

can you code sec to not be a horrific bloody mess that turns the crew on it?
  13. Flavo

Flavo Well-Known Member

14. Theodysseygamer

The question i asked was completely rhetorical.
  15. Keone2

Keone2 Active Member

I would like to make a note, when a player is arrested and treated like cattle they are not going to be that happy with security, even if it's not whole of security. Get yourself brig and know the feeling everyone feels.
    Theodysseygamer likes this.
  16. Flavo

Flavo Well-Known Member

and what can we do to fix that?
  17. Keone2

Keone2 Active Member

That is a hard question since everyone has their quick 'solution'. The best way to influence a friendlier eye on security is likely too encouragement for players that currently play as civ roles, either with new gear or creative support from regulars. In my opinion.
  18. kadingir

kadingir The Guide

I suggest perma banning every player who hasn't donated to LLA, that'll get rid of all the trouble makers for sure!
    NoFaceMan, Eluxor and Draden Kamikaze like this.
  19. Being a kinder officer with arrests, helps too.
    Flatoftheblade likes this.
  20. Agent1667

Agent1667 Well-Known Member

From what I have seen, favoritism is a pretty big thing already, I wouldn't wanna see any more of it with this karma token thing.