Civ V

Discussion in 'Community Play Dates!' started by LemonSoup, Jul 15, 2014.

1. LemonSoup

LemonSoup LS13 Admin

Civ is a game I've recently gotten into again, and found it's a lot of fun in multiplayer. Combined with it being a somewhat old title which has been on numerous sales, it seems like there are a lot of people who bought it on a whim but never really got into it. So! I invite one and all to come and play Civ. If you've tried to play singleplayer but never really clicked, I'd encourage you to come and give it a go with a group of friends because it's really enjoyable.

One thing to note: generally games with more than 3-4 people do not work out well. This is because while huge epic games filled with people are awesome, inevitably the collection of otherwise minor hitches adds up to huge delays, not to mention the difficulties of routinely getting everyone in the same place for the large amount of sessions required for a big game. I've found that 3-4 players is the sweet spot for enjoyable games.

So, put your names down, organise games. I'm around pretty much all day, unless it's the dead of night GMT.
    Black Jack likes this.
  2. Narwhal Jones

Narwhal Jones LS13 Admin

I'll be up for a game, Brittonia timezone and I have a loooot of free time so I'm more or less always around.
  3. Eluxor

Eluxor No one

I will join, Count with me, I ALWAYS SEE YOU PLAYIN' CIV5
  4. LemonSoup

LemonSoup LS13 Admin

Oh, and I forgot that it's also probably sensible to list the DLCs you have - Gods and Kings, Brave New World and such. I've got all of them, including the poxy extra civ ones that were like 30p during the sale.
    QuantumWings likes this.
  5. Narwhal Jones

Narwhal Jones LS13 Admin

I've got all of them except for glorious korea
  6. daddysds1

daddysds1 Well-Known Member

Would be happy to play when im done moveing. Also have all the DLC.
  7. RebelAmerica

RebelAmerica ForumGuard Staff Member

I'd be happy to play, I have all DLCs besides BNW
  8. Black Jack

Black Jack LS13 Admin

Same as this.
  9. Jayce Wise

Jayce Wise Head LS13 Admin Staff Member

I have none of the DLC. I cri erry tim.
    Eluxor likes this.
  10. Attempting to play this a few times against my friends who have like 700 hours of playtime, scared me off from ever playing again.
  11. LemonSoup

LemonSoup LS13 Admin

I know that feeling, and through rigorous trial and error decided that the perfect remedy is to find the funniest group of friends you can, get in a skype call and consume copious amounts of alcohol as you play. Any aspirations towards winning and harsh competition swiftly disappear along with basic memory and motor skills.
  12. PoliticalPikachu

PoliticalPikachu Well-Known Member

Me and Lemon started a glorious game of Civ 5 yesterday. (I have all the DLC except the two latest scenario packs - Scrambled Continents & Scrambled Nations)
    It's a close knit map and the AI is really mean though ;-; so the fun levels are not exceedingly high at the moment on it.
  13. toz117

toz117 Member

I wouldn't mind a game of civ V. Its possibly my weakest strategy game, so I'd probably be playing primarily for fun rather than victory. I am also a huge warmonger, so fair warning there.
  14. LemonSoup

LemonSoup LS13 Admin

You monster
  15. PoliticalPikachu

Everyone is a monster now. IT SPREADS!

Oh boy. Warmonger sucks in multiplayer. My army will be standing by, ready to defend against the merciless terror you speak of.
  16. toz117

toz117 Member

Excellent, we came looking for fight, and it looks like we're going to get it boys! We can't let the soft, democratic milk-drinkers prosper in their poxy 'peace'. All shall burn.

On a slightly more serious note, I look forward to playing with you guys. I already have lemon's skype/steam, but it might be worth getting some of the rest of you's details. Just maybe.
    PoliticalPikachu likes this.
  17. daddysds1

daddysds1 Well-Known Member

Can we get a date where all of us can play or atleast 4 of us
  18. PoliticalPikachu

What DLC do you have, Toz?
  19. toz117

toz117 Member

Gods and Kings, Brave New World, and the Mongolia thing, I believe. I think I'm up to date as regards major expansions, no?
    PoliticalPikachu likes this.
  20. PoliticalPikachu

G&K and Brave New World are the ones that matter. Good to hear. I'm trying to get Lemon to sort out a date to play soon. So long as it's not Saturday night I'm happy 'cause Doctor Who starts Saturday.