City of Springfield

Discussion in 'Community Submissions' started by Cody522, Mar 20, 2015.

1. Cody522

Cody522 Well-Known Member

This is from Cities: Skyline
    Fun city builder game

[​IMG]
    This is the main area of my city, the low level residential area which will end up being suburbs. In the center is "Downtown" basically, with commercial buildings. You can sort of see the water pumps and sewage disposal on the river. The town's water supply and sewer system. This shot was a little later on after a bit of development.

[​IMG]
    This is the industrial district where everyone works. Before the town's roadway got developed more. There's constant trucks coming in from the highway importing goods, or exporting. Everything is purple because of the pollution. The city's landfill is also there.
    The curvy road in the middle is the exit road to go back onto the highway. The big empty road past it is the entrance to the city from the highway.

There was a bit of a traffic problem as trucks from the industrial district had to loop around to leave.

[​IMG]
    This was the solution in the end, the elevated road is a one way exit, it conjoins with the other one way road.

[​IMG]
    Better view of industry district, as it grows. You can see the square landfill where all the trash goes. The coal power plant is also in there which has been my first power supply.

[​IMG]
    Overhead of my quaint little town before it got too big.

[​IMG]
    After quite a bit of development and more fuckery with the road system.
    The downtown area has some proper skyscrapers now.
    The powerlines to the bottom left leads to a lake, where the town's main electricity supply has been built.

[​IMG]
    This feeds the city, these are supposed to be solar powered + wind + water turbine contraptions. There are things like this in the real world I think.

[​IMG]
    The landfills got in the way of traffic, since industry increased and even more traffic came in. They were filled with trash I couldn't move or delete them. Until I could empty them. Which took forever.

[​IMG]
    A roundabout pretty much fixed it, plus some deletions of intersections and whatever else.

[​IMG]
    Apartment buildings are finally able to be built. The town's very own university and hospital are next to them. This will end up being the actual "city" area eventually.

[​IMG]

Industry area is starting to have trouble again with traffic. Those experienced with the game may wonder why it looks a bit screwy. I was messing around with the highway type, and upgrading stuff. Definitely won't be final.

You can also see I have a another road that branches off from the highway now, at the top left, to relieve some traffic. Also the loop de loop things have been widened. Which is now spewing even more cars into my city compounding traffic.

The little road hopping over the highways at the top leads to the forestry district. Where I have lumber factories making cash.

[​IMG]

Built a dam by the highway bridge you've seen in earlier shots, that was in the distance. And had to move my water pumps above it, since it nearly went dry in the area below it.
    It's not generating a lot of power as I chose a bad spot I guess.

It nearly swamped the railroad tracks behind it. I was sort of worried as the water rose more and more.
    Black Jack and Mindtrixx like this.
  2. Cody522

Cody522 Well-Known Member

i made dis

[​IMG]

city now after highway fuckfest
    [​IMG]
    Black Jack and Obadiah Mayland like this.