Cheif145's Perseus application #1

Discussion in 'Perseus PMC Applications' started by cheif264, May 22, 2015.

1. cheif264

cheif264 LS13 Admin

BYOND KEY: Cheif145
    IC NAME: Siffy Breaker
    PICK THREE THREE DIGIT NUMBERS THAT YOU LIKE (EXAMPLE: 079, 009, 356): 012, 224, 053
    HAVE YOU EVER USED A DIFFERENT BYOND KEY ON ONE OF OUR SERVERS, AND IF SO, WHAT WAS IT AND WHY DID YOU CHANGE IT? - (THIS QUESTION ADDED BY HATTRICK): I have never used another byond key.
    HAVE YOU EVER BEEN BANNED FROM OUR SERVER? EXPLAIN: Never been banned
    HOW LONG HAVE YOU PLAYED SS13?: About 2 years.
    WHAT DOES HAVING AUTHORITY MEAN TO YOU?: To me it is being able to enforce laws that were made on the individuals of (for say the station) and arrest those who break said laws. While I don't think security have authority over everyone on the station (EX: the captain) I do believe they can still do the above to them if need be.
    HOW OFTEN DO YOU PLAY SECURITY?: I would say I play it around 40% of the time.
    OH A SCALE OF ONE TO TEN HOW WOULD YOU RATE YOURSELF WHEN YOU ARE PLAYING A NORMAL SECURITY OFFICER? EXPLAIN: I would probably give myself a 6. I give myself such a rating because I realize I understand the concept of being a officer and protecting the station but I like to work in a team and show communication between me and my other officers as such that I will usually call for backup in case I need it in a situation when I can.
    HOW MUCH DO YOU LIKE XENOMORPHS?: Enough to share all my bullets with them.
    WHAT IS THE ROLE OF SECURITY ON THE STATION?: The role of security is to ensure the safety of the people on the station while making sure people stay within the law of their actions (such as fights and riots) and to control the people (in the sense of keeping them calm) in times of crisis.
    ANSWER THESE HYPOTHETICAL SITUATION AS HONESTLY AS YOU CAN ASSUMING YOU WERE PLAYING AS SECURITY, HOW YOU WOULD HANDLE IT:
    *You are walking down a corridor of the station when you see a clown slip someone on a banana and pull their jump suit off and laugh, how would you handle this*: I would help the victim to ensure his suit was given back and inform the clown that he may be taking his jokes too far by stripping someone of his valuables and warn him to try and stay away from doing such as it can be counted as petty theft and he could be jailed for it.
    *You are sitting in the bar having a light drink during a break when you hear someone yell about a xenomorph in the library. You run there and find an alien eating the librarian, what do you do?*: I would report the situation and call for backup on the sec channel. Seeing that the librarian is in danger I would attempt to turn the aliens attention onto myself to allow the librarian to get to safety as I fight the alien and wait for backup to arrive.
    *You are standing in security and you see the head of security being especially rough with a prisoner in a cell, what would you do?*: I would ask that the HoS not be so violent with the prisoners and if he continues to be violent I would arrest him for assaulting the prisoner and inform a head of staff of his/her actions to let them decide on what should be done with the HoS.
    ARE YOU CURRENTLY AN ADMIN, AND IF NOT-MIGHT YOU BE INTERESTED IN ADMINSHIP IN THE FUTURE?: I am currently a Trailmin.
    GIVE US ONE HONEST SITUATION WHERE YOU WERE PLAYING AS SECURITY AND DID SOMETHING MEMORABLE: One game when I was a sec officer we had word that a revolution was starting I immediately ran back to the brig to check on the HoS once I found him I heard increasing reports that the revolutionaries were quickly outnumbering us seeing no other way I told the HoS and another sec officer to run and try to find somewhere safe for the HoS and began to set up a last stand against the revs to distract them. As I did end up losing this battle I still felt it was a memorable moment for me and an act of bravery on my part to attempt to fight them off and give time for my fellow officer and HoS to run.
    CAKE OR PIE? EXPLAIN IN AS MUCH DETAIL AS POSSIBLE: Put simply I rather cake BUT not any kind of cake the best of all is Cookie cake because who doesn't love cookies and what makes a cookie even better is when its GIANT and has frosting all over it.
    Felix Feufer likes this.
  2. Felix Feufer

Felix Feufer LS13 Admin

QFP
  3. Space Law applies to absolutely, 100%, everyone on the station, including the captain. I'm quite surprised that as a trialmin you are not aware of this.

The quality of writing on this app is also rather poor and difficult to read, to be honest.
  4. cheif264

cheif264 LS13 Admin

I was not trying to say that space law did not apply to the captain I was saying that I believe that sec does not have authority over the captain I am well aware that space law applies to everyone on the station.
    Moulty likes this.
  5. Flavo

Flavo Well-Known Member

It is a tad hard to read some of your answers could you clarify the following?
  6. Then in what sense do you mean "sec does not have authority over the captain?" Your clarification still hasn't really elucidated this. The only sense in which security has "authority" over anyone is the enforcement of Space Law. Whether the subject is the captain or an assistant makes no difference (except in the sense that certain actions would constitute crimes--like trespassing or theft--if someone of one rank did them and would not be if someone of another rank did them).
  7. cheif264

cheif264 LS13 Admin

In the sense I took the question more as the authority that sec "can" have over the civilian forces rather then just with the "enforcement of laws" as in they have the so called authority to random search people if they feel it is needed to be done or the person could have contraband on them.

For the scale question I base it off the fact that I don't feel I work as well alone as I do with a team while I can still work effectively alone I feel more comfortable when in a team and will rely on them (in some ways) to help me complete the tasks we get and or the criminals we set out to stop.
    Pretty much what I have said to Fltoftheblade is what I mean in the authority question I merely mean by the slight situations of where sec have a small amount of authority over the civilians on the station as in the random searches a officer is allowed to do on people if they suspect them of having illegal items.
  8. LemonSoup

LemonSoup LS13 Admin

You numbered your application, #1. Why?
  9. cheif264

cheif264 LS13 Admin

Because its the first application I've made for this specific thing.
  10. LemonSoup

LemonSoup LS13 Admin

Do you expect there to be a second?
    Legato_frio likes this.
  11. cheif264

cheif264 LS13 Admin

I'm never sure I hope that I won't have to apply again and that this one will be accepted but I like to keep things orderly so in case I don't I number things like applications.
  12. Tharinoma

Tharinoma LS13 Admin

I noticed most of your posts on the forums are hard for me to read and understand. A degree in English language isn't required to enter Perseus, but it is a group based on teamwork and communication. There is a thread about that :
    http://www.llagaming.net/forums/thr...when-complaining-commenting-or-applying.1199/
    You should definitely check out that page :
    http://www.hamilton.edu/writing/writing-resources/punctuation-patterns

In the last few days, I've seen you online alot, but only saw you play as security once. Most of the time, you were observing. You are currently a trialmin, if I'm not mistaken. Do you have an idea how long this trial will last, how much time can you put in playing security during this trial, will that amount change when it's over?
    Legato_frio likes this.
  13. cheif264

cheif264 LS13 Admin

Honestly I try to set a pattern to the rounds I do and don't play its rare for me to declare ready and let my job be randomly selected now a days so when I do play often enough its as a sec officer. To speak of the rounds I will play I usually try to play every other round (unless theres something I feel I need to watch) or every two rounds.
  14. Tomtoot

Tomtoot Active Member

Aren't you currently being trialled for becoming an admin? (or maybe I've not been keeping up)
    Wouldn't it be a bit difficult to learn the ropes as an admin and Perseus at the same time, and even if you managed to, it wouldn't be easy to give both of them your complete attention.

How do you plan to deal with the responsibilities of being an admin and perseus at the same time?
    Agent1667 likes this.
  15. Hattrick

Hattrick Perseus Captain Staff Member

Hi :) Thanks for your interest in Perseus.

I'm curious. What part of the world are you from, what languages do you speak, and what do you do every day?

Why are there quotation marks around "can" ?
  16. cheif264

cheif264 LS13 Admin

I'm from Illinois actually, I only speak english (though I have some speech impediments that I hate), and in till I start working at my summer job I am mostly at home everyday playing games or something. As for thee marks I put those there because I think that its more of something sec can have authority over people but it may not be seen as such to other people.
  17. Hattrick

Hattrick Perseus Captain Staff Member

What kind of summer job?
  18. cheif264

cheif264 LS13 Admin

I work as a camp counselor during the summer.
  19. PistolPete

PistolPete ForumGuard Staff Member

Why is your forum name cheif264 and byond key cheif145?
  20. cheif264

cheif264 LS13 Admin

Honestly I am not sure why I decided to change the numbers there is no specific reason for it.
    General_Battier likes this.