Archived Changeing the escape alone obj

Discussion in 'Code Suggestions' started by daddysds1, Apr 19, 2015.

1. PistolPete

PistolPete ForumGuard Staff Member

Again, your mileage may vary. I'll tell you what though, I booby trap areas as often as I can to prevent exactly that from happening. Ultimately, it's a race against time.

I really don't believe that hijacking the shuttle should be changed. It's difficult and fun. The tools exist to stop it. Don't make the emag change it to go to syndicate space - it's unnecessary, in my opinion.

At its core, it pits one antag against the others. It's a good check on the players as well. With the ability to weaponize anything in the game, there's plenty of ways to stop others.

I would be in favor of a pacifist option.
    QuantumWings likes this.
  2. daddysds1

daddysds1 Well-Known Member

I suggested that in ooc just throwing things around.
    PistolPete likes this.
  3. britgrenadier

britgrenadier Active Member

well hello all. Let me start by saying that there is indeed a way to hijack the shuttle without being death, the destroyer of worlds. Its called: weldmag wall strat. Its super simple, weldmag the doors and wall off the windows, granted if there are people at escape this might be difficult, which is why you weldmag and wall the hallway leading to escape aswell as the shuttle itself. You could also set off a bomb in the escape area to make it impossible for people to get to the shuttle without a space suit (steal all the suits in EVA first, its not hard). Just get creative, make a multi-step process where you cut off all routes of escape except one forcing people to go there while you escape alone. The art of the traitor doesnt have to be straight forward infact it shouldnt be, get elaborate.
  4. JPR

JPR Well-Known Member

Someone ALWAYS has a space suit(also our space isn't the most... damaging), someone ALWAYS has a welder to get through the walls(and shows up a few minutes early), someone ALWAYS sees you and lasers you to death.
    daddysds1 likes this.
  5. daddysds1

I allways have a spacesuit welder as a CE and will robust your ass through disarm.

0/10 tactic failed.

I demand 1 person in this thread get a video of a RECENT HIJACKING where any of these plans work.

oh wiat.
  6. britgrenadier

britgrenadier Active Member

you cant unweld weldmagged. You can also just steal the CE hardsuit.
    QuantumWings likes this.
  7. JPR

JPR Well-Known Member

No. You CAN'T steal every spacesuit on the station. If you weldmag the door, we figure that out... 5-7 seconds after getting to escape and start breaking windows.
  8. daddysds1

ALT TITLE : Replace windows with R walls
    JPR likes this.
  9. PistolPete

PistolPete ForumGuard Staff Member

Again, it's possible to do it, but it's still difficult.

Going back to the original topic, I think it's unnecessary to remove it, but giving players a permanent ability to remove that being an objective would be preferable.
    daddysds1 and General_Battier like this.
  10. Snow5445

Snow5445 Guest

Ehm Shield generators the ones in eva or i guess the ones in engineering could work as well just weldmag the doors and set it up out their. RCD the floor and no one escapes. Thats how i normally do it. But it is still a pain in the ass and i normally just start kidnapping and torturing people for information i know they don't have. Also possibly why i have turned antag roles off.
  11. Rekiin

Rekiin Active Member

Spess lube, weldmag, Wall-off could be a LONG solution, but would still work
  12. JPR

JPR Well-Known Member

Yeah, but unless you rwall, they'll get through. A wall isn't a hard obstacle. Plus, anyone who sees it will open it.