Archived Changeing the escape alone obj

Discussion in 'Code Suggestions' started by daddysds1, Apr 19, 2015.

1. daddysds1

daddysds1 Well-Known Member

So this obj exist to cause murderboneing and be an all around pain for the people who don't like to murderbone ( Won't).

Can we please brain storm a few ideas to fix this.

Mabey instead of the whole shuttle being empty instead make it that you can be the only one in the cockpit?

Anyway / Dicuss
  2. Raptorblaze

Raptorblaze Head Coder Staff Member

Change emagging the shuttle console to make it fly to the syndicate base instead. So now its still "hijacked" but the moment its emagged everyone will gun for the person who did it
  3. JPR

JPR Well-Known Member

Personally, I want to have a double agent mode where EVERYONE has the escape alone obj. Would be hectic...
  4. Raptorblaze

A round where every double agent ONLY had the escape alone objective
    JPR likes this.
  5. I dont think we need to completely eliminate murderboning, escape alone on the shutle is a challenging objective and Id rather we didnt rid of it.
  6. Snow5445

Snow5445 Guest

Having it makes someone spawn a rad bow and an esword and go murderboner. It's rarely completed even by veterans
  7. Raptorblaze

Cause its no fun, really. "Well my choice is kill everyone or fail..... fuck it!"

If i even bother to attempt it, I just bomb escape and/or fill it with burning plasma right before the shuttle lands, and even then i usually don't succeed cause of some borg or someone with a spess suit.
    General_Battier and JPR like this.
  8. Snow5445

Snow5445 Guest

What other objectives could we do. Prehaps instead of needing to buy an emag it gives you a ( Location something device) that you start with and swipe it on the shuttle console and it will take you to the syndicate HQ or will just make it end up in a sector of empty inescapeble space.
  9. Raptorblaze

That could work too

Edit: though I'd still probably insist on having it alert when used
    daddysds1 likes this.
  10. QuantumWings

QuantumWings Well-Known Member

I've escaped alone without murderboning before.
    Flavo likes this.
  11. daddysds1

Yes but how fucked up was the station how long had the round been going on ect.

If it's a 4 hour round with 20 bomb holes in the station i could fucking hijack the shuttle as a slime.
    General_Battier likes this.
  12. General_Battier

General_Battier LS13 Admin

Sounds like low pop to me.
  13. Flavo

Flavo Well-Known Member

Hijacking is incredibly easy. I've done it, Treat it like a objective rather then "Murderbone time"
    Weld the airlocks, emag them. get a laser gun and stand point in the shuttle, close/weld/emag all entrances. laser anyone who attemps to bust in from a window. emag the shuttle console to get the 10 seconds instead of 2 minute wait.
    QuantumWings likes this.
  14. General_Battier

General_Battier LS13 Admin

Most people are already at escape before you are even able to get in yourself, aswell as people most of the time check the air locks to make sure they open, if not, bash a few windows before shuttle comes.
  15. Mindtrixx

Mindtrixx Well-Known Member

This.

Objectives are not black and white, there are many ways to accomplish them. Most of them incite conflict which is the point of an antagonist. You also cannot blame the objective for a player's choice to murderbone, that is on them.
  16. daddysds1

^ The point of this thread.

If you emag the doors people bust open windows and lyunch anyone on the otherside of those doors.

You bomb it , get a borg army , murderbone the whole crew some fucktard robust ass rocky ram , Mayland Random ass clown comes out and kills you.

Also some of these tactics work on 15-20 pop rounds.

But when you have 40-50 people ALIVE and playing GG chat box : Suicide
    JPR likes this.
  17. Felix Feufer

Felix Feufer LS13 Admin

I'm sorry, I can't remember who mentioned this, but it was in OOC.

Add a pacifist button in traitor preferences, that takes out the hijack objective.

EDIT: This new picture is sexy <3
  18. PistolPete

PistolPete ForumGuard Staff Member

You know, I'd rather see the mass killing for this objective than steal the Captain's laser.

That being said, it's remarkably easy to hijack the shuttle without killing if you put some work into it. Especially now we have meta shuttle. Acquire emag, acquire hard suit - mess up the doors at escape, wait outside, enter from bottom right emergency door, emag into command section, emag the console. It's fairly easy and provides an alternative to killing, if you want it. Most folks, short of an axe, can't break through the windows that fast.

Additional steps include adding a signaler to the APC to cut its power before you mess up the doors, or adding signallers to the test light so the doors can't be unbolted. The average engineer can't fix it. Try making escape hallway uninhabitable by cutting key air alarm wires.

Your mileage may vary.

Given that there's an airlock close, it's a pretty easy option that takes some stealth and preplanning.
    QuantumWings and Flatoftheblade like this.
  19. JPR

JPR Well-Known Member

Ehhhhh... if the airlock doors are welded/emagged, I'll break a window. When the shuttle get's there, I'll break the shuttle window, and run through. If I only have tools, it'll take a little while. If I (or anyone else) have a LASER... ZAPZAP...ZAPZAP... kickkickkickkick and you're through.
    I have no problem with murdering to get on the shuttle, as the round's ending, what I have a problem with is the "Gotta kill them all" mentality where a traitor feels like they need to murderize the whole station before calling the shuttle to even have a chance.
  20. Pete is right in that the metashuttle emergency door makes all the difference here. That said, I still hate this objective.
    QuantumWings likes this.