Botany to the Rescue

Discussion in 'General' started by Cody522, Apr 25, 2015.

1. Cody522

Cody522 Well-Known Member

What kind of plants could botany grow that could help the station? Such as growing plants that produce metals. Then chemistry can freeze them into a solid. RnD and Robotics could use the metals for research.
    General_Battier likes this.
  2. General_Battier

General_Battier LS13 Admin

They can give bananas to the clown, and he can do "Productive" things for the station!
  3. Flavo

Flavo Well-Known Member

Diamond plants and diamond solidification, down with mining 2015
  4. JPR

JPR Well-Known Member

Botany can make bluespace tomatoes to... randomly teleport people. Hmm. Blue tomatoes to... slip people. Nettles and death nettles to kill people, and poison and death berries to do the same. Corn to blow holes in the station's hull, bananas to slip people... There aren't MANY things it can make that help the station besides the metals which can be solidified. It can make a couple of plants with healing chems, but the only real thing that it can make that helps the station that chem CAN'T make is carpotoxin for rezadone.

Though... I've always had the idea of removing or limiting the chems that can be dispensed from the dispensers, giving a lot of the food plants a few more chemicals in them (e.g. Nitrogen, oxygen, potassium), and making a station where the only source of chems was from botany...
    Fun fact- oxygen from air, carbon from grinding wood, sugar from grinding whitebeet, nitrogen from... air again, potassium from banana, and silicon from grinding glass= tricord. If only this worked ingame :)
  5. JPR

JPR Well-Known Member

Noooo! There has to be a reason for the job which everyone defends, no one likes, and kills any new player who dares to actually do it!
    QuantumWings likes this.
  6. Cody522

cactus confirmed bedazzler
    Obadiah Mayland likes this.
  7. There was a brainstorm thread for new plants that had alot of cool ideas, thing is we need a coder willing to put time and work into it and then an iconner to do the icons for each state of the plant.
    EDIT: Infact you made said thread, and the plant ideas in it were interesting, but again you'll need to find someone willing to work on it. Here's the link: http://www.llagaming.net/forums/threads/plants-brainstorm.2294/
  8. Cody522

I could code a captain's spare ID plant
    Obadiah Mayland likes this.
  9. Well that's certainly a start, I would be more happy to add more icons for current departments like botany and I bring it up alot, but I'm not a competent iconner yet, I'm sure lichling would be happy to help aswell, but you'd still need a coder.
    EDIT: A plant that you would inject with a certain chemical and then it would produce that chemical in the tiles around it via spores or something would be very cool and have many uses.
  10. Snow5445

Snow5445 Guest

What the hell is mining? Is that even a thing?
    JPR likes this.