Alpacas

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Obadiah Mayland, Jan 31, 2015.

?

DO YOU LIKE ALPACAS/LLAMAS/ CAMELS?

1. YES

22 vote(s)
    57.9%
  2. NO, GROSS.

16 vote(s)
    42.1%
  1. Obadiah Mayland

Obadiah Mayland Well-Known Member

Join us brothers...
  2. Felix Feufer

Felix Feufer LS13 Admin

How does that one in the front even see? It's eyes seem completely covered with hair.
  3. NoFaceMan

NoFaceMan Guest

4. Felix Feufer

Felix Feufer LS13 Admin

[​IMG]

Unipacacorn.
    Obadiah Mayland likes this.
  5. Kneeskeysllama

Kneeskeysllama Well-Known Member

6. Felix Feufer

Felix Feufer LS13 Admin

Darude - Alpacastorm
  7. Kneeskeysllama

8. AquaDraco

AquaDraco Active Member

9. Obadiah Mayland

10. BRAINOS

BRAINOS Well-Known Member

So my dad volunteers at a farm where he purchased a few alpacas to raise as therapy animals. Starting around March we'll be starting construction on a barn and a fenced in grazing/roaming area for them at his place, so he'll have his own alpaca ranch.

[​IMG]
    The one aaaall the way on the left there, his name is Buck. He had been suffering from the meningeal worm just a few months ago - it was so bad he couldn't even stand. My dad went over there every single day (yeah, a few months ago. Over the winter here where it gets to negative ten to negative eighteen. He clearly fucking loves these animals, 'cus there's no way I'd have the strength to work 60 hours a week AND volunteer at a farm, let alone spend four hours a day doing physical therapy with an animal there.) to do physical therapy with him, using a harness-thing to start with getting him to stand again.
    Dad's effort paid off and now Buck can walk and even run despite not having any function at all in his rear left leg just a month-ish ago.

[​IMG]
    This one's name is Evil or something corny like that. I didn't name him. *shrug*
    He's one of the more social ones. I was feeding them once and as I was filling their trays he walked up to me, took a bite out of the pitcher of food I was holding, and spat it back in my face.
    That earned my respect and we've been bros since.

[​IMG]
    These are the females all grouped up in one spot. They get hit on all day.
  11. Obadiah Mayland

Holy crad, this is amazing, ANOTHER alpaca farm.....I must investigate further :D. Anywho, to compare, I shall post a pic of Rom, the friendliest alpaca we have on our farm. View attachment 749
    This was a pic back this winter. I forgot if I posted this one already, but I havent taken anymore, because only my dang selfie camera works, and its really hard to take pics of 'pacas without seeing the shot. Anywho, we moved ROM to new pen yesterday, and he practically put himself into his halter. he is like a dog.
    General_Battier likes this.
  12. Flavo

Flavo Well-Known Member

13. Kneeskeysllama

THERAPY ALPACAS. *pulls BrainOS to me* you have replaced me...as the queen of alpacas...Instead...I am the princess....
  14. Obadiah Mayland

15. Kneeskeysllama

16. Felix Feufer

Felix Feufer LS13 Admin

*Stands up and walks away from the internet*
  17. Psyentific

Psyentific Well-Known Member

ALPACAS, YOU SAY?
    [​IMG]
  18. Kainen

Kainen Fabulous-min

19. Obadiah Mayland

THE BEST, GJ KAINEN, YES YES YES
  20. Kainen

Kainen Fabulous-min

please never refer to me as eluxor. ever. -ever-.