Addressing "IC Issues" and Removing Rule Restrictions

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by WellingtonTheThird, Sep 17, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Legato_frio

Legato_frio Public Relations

If an antag made a random player beleive you are truly an antag. That's a result of a antag's action. The person who killed you isn't necessarily the antag...But the person who killed you had a legit reason.

Example: You have a traitor's Esword in your hand...You being killed is legit.
  2. Mabblies

Mabblies Well-Known Member

Okay. Thanks for clearing that up for me :)
  3. Raptorblaze

Raptorblaze Head Coder Staff Member

I mean there are some circumstances where its not antag, but generally if our first response is legit either one of us is an antag and claimed responsibility for whatever happened (like when i am emagged as a borg and told to murderize everyone) or it is something blatantly obvious.
    Mabblies likes this.
  4. daddysds1

daddysds1 Well-Known Member

No say if you attack them and you put them into red/orange and they robust the shit out of you admins can say legit aswell.
    Legato_frio likes this.
  5. Legato_frio

Legato_frio Public Relations

Yup, but legit should only come after the Admins investigate. It shouldn't be , "well, that's an IC issue." It should always be "On it" Talk to both parties, check logs then get back to the adminhelper with as much information as you can give without revealing the round. If you determine the player had a legit reason to kill the other player you let him know it was legit. If its a IC issue, then explain HOW its an IC issue.

Adminhelp: Player stole my ID and flushed me down Trash.
    Step 1. Reply> on it.
    Step 2. Check logs
    Step 3. Question both sides of the case.
    Step 4. Using information gained give judgement
    Step 5. Tell BOTH parties the results of the judgement.
    Tell player that adminhelped. > Based on what happened, as clown you were given all access and you kept coming into chemistry and making stink bombs and launching them in the room while disarming this player over and over. So he took your ID and flushed you down the disposals. His actions were justified.

Tell player that was adminhelped about> Thanks, for providing this information also I am sorry that security didn't come when you called for them to remove the clown.

This is the new method of doing an IC issue. Notice how both players seem to be well informed now?

Now if for any reason a antag/event was involved in the reasoning even if the person who killed you wasn't a antag but was due to actions the antag did.. Then its best to reply legit. I will also slow down my cases to make sure someone is dead before I say legit, to prevent meta from players assuming legit means traitor.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.