Adam's (Not RA) Application

Discussion in 'Forum Guard Applications' started by Adam, Apr 19, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LLA Don Zombie

LLA Don Zombie The Don Staff Member

2. Mindtrixx

Mindtrixx Well-Known Member

It doesn't matter so much as to who applies these standards but rather that they are followed, especially with LLA's lack of following their own self set standards.

[Certain People] will often talk about what it takes to get X position in LLA, but if [Certain Applicants] is liked by [Certain People] the opinions of whether or not they should improve before they get the position or during their time in the position tend to shift toward the latter.

LLA tends to continuously show favoritism in that regard and it's not exactly something I like seeing applied. I much rather see the "Apply again in 3 months" instead of letting someone take up a position they are not ready for.

These are volunteer positions meaning you understand the time and effort you should be investing in them as well as how you should behaving when you take up one, regardless of how much I personally like [Certain Applicants] if I believe they can't fulfill their duties be it from behavioral issues or time constraints I would vote against them until I was sure that they were ready for the position.

--

That aside almost the entire argument between Hattrick and Flat is silly. Neither wanted to give each other the benefit of the doubt and both immediately took it as a challenge when either tried to explain themselves. Now they are stuck arguing about semantics over which fallacy each other are using.

Hattrick's initial question was weirdly said and I took a leap of faith that I understood it correctly with my first reply, but I'm glad it was asked.

Flat's reply was very assuming but as I said Hattrick's question seemed almost a statement in regard to the applicant so I can see how he got there.

So calm down already, this is an application after all - Lets not distract from it too much.
    Wuuufles and SPLEEN MCQUEEN like this.
  3. Kneeskeysllama

Kneeskeysllama Well-Known Member

...Normally this would be the point where I say, "please get back on topic" or "this is being de-railed as heck" or "don't dirty up this guy's application" but honestly...
    [​IMG]
  4. Flavo

Flavo Well-Known Member

Personally, I'd like to see Adam given a shot.

He knows exactly what LLA is supposed to be, He has good intentions. He has a few weakness like a temper, but he knows what he should be doing... and fully capable of taking direction and training. If given the position, I believe fully that when told "this is what we do, this is what we don't do, this is what should be done, this is what shouldn't be done" it would be taken seriously and followed. of course, this logic doesn't apply to all various applications we have on this site. one would say for a coder application they would need to learn how to code before being accepted... or perseus, learning how to use another role competently.. however in terms of this position. hattrick is entirely right about the standards needed, and i think Adam fulfills that.

+1 to adam's FG app.
    Adam likes this.
  5. Adam

Adam ForumGuard Staff Member

Well I for one, am glad my application could turn into such an amazing shitshow for everyone.

#bestFGappever #yourwelcome
    LLA Don Zombie and Flat like this.
  6. Sneakyranger

Sneakyranger Active Member

Personally, I don't support this application yet. My only interactions with him that come to mind are when he has been getting upset over something or escalating something. However, I am more than willing to allow him to prove himself before this is accepted.
    A candidate should be ready for the job they're applying for, improving during the time of the application with reviewer & community feedback, or so close to suitable that they can be trained on the job. Unfortunately, the last point is vague, so I'll say this: Crucial personality problems (which I am not stating that the applicant has or does not as of now) are not suitable to be trained on the job and should be modified over the application period or beforehand.

In summary: No support at time of writing. I will be observing with more scrutiny than before. Hopefully others will do so as well and in an unbiased manner, like him or dislike him. His suitability and ability to perform his job properly is what matters, and this includes putting personal relationships aside when working in an official capacity.
    JPR, Adam and SPLEEN MCQUEEN like this.
  7. Adam

Adam ForumGuard Staff Member

That's a good comment, right there. Logical-ish and everything.

Tho, we have never actually interacted, ever, so I don't know where that first statement came from?
    Last edited: Apr 25, 2016
  8. Sneakyranger

Sneakyranger Active Member

It's mostly what I've seen you do from the sidelines. Perhaps there would have been a better word, but it got the point across.
  9. MiziBooBoo

MiziBooBoo Guest

I actually support this. You honestly have the opposite effect most administrators have on me. Though I like a majority, if not all of the administration as a person, there are a decent number that I dislike as administrators or other leadership responsibilities. That being said, you actually have the opposite effect on me. Not to say I don't like you, which I do, but I find you difficult to talk to sometimes because you actually give off this really douchy vibe. I'm not so sure how much I would enjoy talking with you one on one for an extensive period of time, but I'm fairly confident that you would make a fine administrator, with some fine tuning.
  10. Narwhal Jones

Narwhal Jones LS13 Admin

To make things brief and avoid going into a lot of detail, I'm against this application. My biggest issue is how you conducted yourself in the incident mentioned in Discord. I'm unhappy with the thought of someone who acts like that being given some degree of power over the forums/people who post here.
  11. LoneWolfSyndrome

LoneWolfSyndrome Forum Guard General Staff Member

Agreed. Psycho and I have both spoken to Adam, and it shouldn't be a problem in the future. If it is, we'll handle it.
    Additionally, I'm going to disregard the large ego measuring contest between Hatty and Flat that happened above this comment. It went no where, and served little purpose in this application.

Funny how that do.

Respectfully, I disagree. In certain people, positions like this can be a catalyst for that improvement. Again, it's something we've taken into consideration.

Adam has an unrefined, blunt truth aspect to his personality. I respect it, but I expect him to temper it with the position.

From what I've looked into, this case was poorly handled. I voiced concerns about it, and the best answer I received was, "I missed that part." Adam did take the bait, though. Which is, again, something we've considered with the application.

Adam's application is accepted. Feel free to contact me, or Psycho, if there are any concerns.
    RebelAmerica likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.