[Accepted] Kegsey Winters - Admin App 2 - App harder

Discussion in 'Admin Applications' started by Kegsey, Dec 21, 2014.

?

Do you believe I would make a good admin?

Poll closed Dec 28, 2014.
  1. Yes.

36.8%
  2. No.

73.7%
Multiple votes are allowed.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kegsey

Kegsey LS13 Admin

The reason I gibbed the other ling is because he had randomly shot me earlier in the round, then I just let him go.
    Later upon finding out he was a ling; t'was the reason why I gibbed him, as I presume if the sec officer that walked past him (After he had shot me) had not been there I would've been ling meat.
    Upon the second part, I had every intention to bring you back to life using RD console if I did not notice that Plasma had been released, I was simply keeping you in the state of "death" so I didn't have to put up with your insults. (Not that they offended me.)
    Sorry if you believe I ruined your round, friend, however did you not do the same a few rounds ago during a revolution? (Was probably not you, but what I'm trying to say is, think about what you have done before you comment on what someone else has done.)
  2. IMVader

IMVader Well-Known Member

I'm not saying you are horrible, just that you are usually not great by my standards. I'm all for you getting trialed. That's when the true test begins.

Also, I don't remember killing you during any revolution, but that game mode is usually shorter, more chaotic, and gives both sides less chances of bringing back their opponents. But if you ask, as head of staff I always seek to implant and on one round this week or the prior I sent the three rev heads alive to labor camp as captain. Some days ago as rev head I removed implant of a deconverted to convert again (and would have done with others if the round didn't end early), and I tend to use cloning as a rev factory instead of depopulating the server.

Not saying you should play in my exact style to be an admin, merely letting you know why I voted no and what I'd definitely vote yes to. In the end you can't please everyone, so stick to what you believe is the best and take feedback from those you respect.

Hope to see you admining soon.
    Kegsey likes this.
  3. Kegsey

Kegsey LS13 Admin

I'd like to say, that in the round previous to the one where you made said observation, I attempted to stop the murderboning of the other players from blood thirsty lings. (Emma Gravett and John Locke) even going against the AI's laws, technically not because I was not ordered to do anything but I was locked down anyways. :/
    I don't ALWAYS look for it, I try to only do it when needed, or if something doesn't go to plan.
  4. IMVader was the AI in that instance. XD
  5. IMVader

IMVader Well-Known Member

Yes, for we had laws and orders to follow. You don't ignore those. One thing is borging the lings so they are not removed from the game, but another entirely is to help people you like OoCly (and you only helped Emma and John, who are extremely likable) against your masters interests. You even uncuffed and freed Emma, after been told explicitly not to, so I had to lock you.

You were subverted by said bloodthirsty lings.

Edit: To provide a little more context to the situation, the shuttle had also been called and we were making sure the 4 "humans" (lings) completed their objectives. It didn't seem as much the intent not to leave one or two players out of the round (which would last another 15 minutes maximum, while the shuttle came and went), and more as the intent to help someone you like and don't want to see legitimately abused. I hope I am wrong in this assumption, but even if I am, it's not your place as a silicon (or golem, shade or anything enslaved) to go against your master's wishes and specially orders.
  6. Kegsey

Kegsey LS13 Admin

I'd just like to apologize for that, really was my fault. I wasn't exactly sober or coherent enough to play so my apologies.
  7. Taicho

Taicho Director of LS13 Staff Member

I agree with a lot of the comments in here. I'm quite uncertain about you and how you'd handle a role in administration but it's really difficult to make these assumptions when the individual hasn't even been trialed. As such, I'm willing to bring you on for a trial period and see how you do. We'll speak a bit more over skype!

Thanks for the application!
    General_Battier, Kegsey and IMVader like this.
  8. Kegsey

Kegsey LS13 Admin

Thank you very much friend, I will be available on skype after 5pm tonight, if you wish to get into any sort of contact with me before hand just use the forums.

I assure you that you won't regret this decision. <3
    General_Battier and Taicho like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.