[Accepted] Kegsey Winters - Admin App 2 - App harder

Discussion in 'Admin Applications' started by Kegsey, Dec 21, 2014.

?

Do you believe I would make a good admin?

Poll closed Dec 28, 2014.
  1. Yes.

36.8%
  2. No.

73.7%
Multiple votes are allowed.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PistolPete

PistolPete ForumGuard Staff Member

What have you, as a player, done to make LLA and LS13 a better place to play?
    Kegsey likes this.
  2. InfernoBestia

InfernoBestia Member

Honestly, My time on LS13 dates back to about a few months after Kegsey had joined, and through and through I've seen his best and his worst sides.

Not saying that I know him personally, but we've shared hundreds if not thousands of rounds together, and to be honest, he is an overall well rounded player. He has had his moments, but we all have as well. Those of you saying that his history is rough, I'd ask that you check yours too. I'll be damned if you haven't had a few mess ups in your history as well.

+ Give him a shot, he deserves it.
    Kegsey and General_Battier like this.
  3. Jariahtoadsage

Jariahtoadsage LS13 Admin

This is the sort of thing im looking for, i like this anwser, though i urge you not to mess up your personal Real life for the purposes of this application. You've been respectful and *(Seemingly)* Open to critique. You've Shown you can be professional when you put your mind to it and you seem to really want to make a positive mark on the community. I know my last post already stressed this, but im VERY close to supporting you. Just let me see real, honest, effort to improve IC and ive got your back on this trialmining.
    Kegsey likes this.
  4. Kegsey

Kegsey LS13 Admin

That's the beauty of playing SS13, people IC/OOC become people that you see all the time, which is why I like LLA as it's a close-knit community. Also, as far as I'm concerned I'm sure I haven't had a note in quite a while, meanwhile I am attempting to improve my behavior both IC and OOC.

What I like to say is that if you have something bad to say about me, just tell me; if you keep it from me and say it behind my back, it doesn't make it any better and I would be unable to improve on my flaws.
    Currently I don't have my computer at "my" house (Girlfriend's house) so I will be unable to play SS13 due to that, and lack of hours to actually play SS13, however I am sure that I will be on again as soon as I've got my PC (8am-5pm office hours at my new job so my hours are still about the same.)

Well, as a player I suppose I've helped members of the community in both IC and OOC; IC because if someone is confused with some, let's say Genetics (Which I have taught multiple people recently) I will go out of my way to help them, as well as Virology.
    Saturday(?) night I spent over an hour with Mr.Jones teaching the Captain how to do Genetics, and then afterwards I went and showed him Virology until the station went boom.

Edit: When I said "Over an hour" it was actually more like 15-30 minutes. Kegsey likes to over-exaggerate at times.
  5. Mabblies

Mabblies Well-Known Member

Btw, the poll kinda made me lol.

EDIT: Meaning you kinda shot yourself in the foot with it.
    Kegsey likes this.
  6. Kegsey

Kegsey LS13 Admin

If the people in the poll wanted to make any use of it, they would've told me why they voted no, so they're just silly really.
    Also some people VOTED TWICE (I DIDN'T KNOW WHICH ONE WAS THE ORIGINAL COLOUR)
    Mabblies likes this.
  7. Mabblies

*cough*idid*cough*
    Kegsey and Black Jack like this.
  8. Kegsey

Kegsey LS13 Admin

My apologies for my inactivity, I went from waking up at 11am-2pm and going to bed at 2am+ just trying to get my routine sorted again as I started a 8am-5pm job.
  9. Narwhal Jones

Narwhal Jones LS13 Admin

I've seen Kegsey on as an extremely active player, I rarely have issues when having to deal with him and can't remember anything serious that I've had to talk to him about happening in quite a while. Judging from how I've seen him talk in ooc and his general personality (friendly and involved,) I definitely think he deserves a shot at Trial at the very least.

+Whatever we use for support nowadays anyway.
    Kegsey, IMVader and Tomtoot like this.
  10. PistolPete

I originally voted no.

I'd like to see him trialed.
    Kegsey, Bluebreez100 and Mindtrixx like this.
  11. Flavo

Flavo Well-Known Member

Elaborate petey (sell the kegs)
    Kegsey likes this.
  12. PistolPete

I've noticed a shift in Kegsey's behavior, both OOC and IC from my previous experiences.

While he's not the person whose name initially shouts "make him an Admin," I do believe he'd be an asset to the admin staff.

If he doesn't work out, fire him - that being said, I don't see any reason that he wouldn't work out.
    Kegsey likes this.
  13. Kegsey

Kegsey LS13 Admin

Thanks, Jones, for helping to back my application, I hope that we can play spessmens more.
    I do only want to help better the community of LLA whilst obviously wearing the rank of "admin", not in a vain way but I'd wear it with pride.

Cheers, Pete. I do try my hardest to try and stay out of trouble, both in IC and OOC.
    Not that it takes that much effort, you just need a good knowledge of the rules and to not ruin anyone's round.
    Thank you for placing your input, friend!
  14. Kegsey

Kegsey LS13 Admin

Sell me like one of your french girls.

[​IMG]
    Mabblies likes this.
  15. IMVader

IMVader Well-Known Member

I make of Pistol's my words. I did too originally vote no and have seen considerable improvement.
    Flavo likes this.
  16. Kegsey

Kegsey LS13 Admin

I thought I'd just bump this thread a tad just to see if I can get any other responses and what not.
    Any feedback would be appreciated. <3
    Mabblies and General_Battier like this.
  17. Mabblies

Patience my child.
    Kegsey likes this.
  18. Kegsey

Kegsey LS13 Admin

I understand, I have been waiting patiently bby. <3
    Mabblies likes this.
  19. Mabblies

I know you have.

If I didn't already say this, I warily support this application, for much the same reasons as pistol pete.
  20. IMVader

IMVader Well-Known Member

So, to explain why I voted no to the poll, as a player you haven't stood out positively to me. There are many players who go out to help others and whatnot, but you are not, from what I've seen, one of them. In fact, whenever you get the chance to permanently remove a player from the game, even with other options at hand, you choose to do it. Last round you chose to gib a restrained ling when I as AI asked you to borg him instead (not to remove the player from the round on a low pop time). You had a borg for backup, and your reasoning was "but burgers!". You never did said burgers either, so I assume the reason was different. Later I was subverted, and had announced the freeform module and AI upload had been stolen so that I might go rogue at any time. You did well by cutting the lawsync cable on my borg, who helped you card me and get the subverting ling, but after you carded me and had the situation in control you simply wiped me.

All this is normal and legitimate, of course, not something for a ban request or anything. It's just not the mentality that stands out positively to me and strikes me as admin-material. If asked in the poll, no, I wouldn't bet on you, I'd choose other horses.

That said, you may make a great admin. Being dickish within the rules does not mean you won't be fair when admining, so I wouldn't mind see you trialed. There are other admins who lust for murderboners, and they seem to be doing good.

TL;DR: You don't fit in my "very good player" category. But that doesn't mean you shouldn't be given a chance at trialmin.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.