[Accepted] Kegsey Winters - Admin App 2 - App harder

Discussion in 'Admin Applications' started by Kegsey, Dec 21, 2014.

?

Do you believe I would make a good admin?

Poll closed Dec 28, 2014.
  1. Yes.

36.8%
  2. No.

73.7%
Multiple votes are allowed.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kegsey

Kegsey LS13 Admin

Basic Information:

Byond Account: Kegsey Winters

Character Name(s):Kegsey Winters, Melissa Winters (Sometimes go by the last name "Summers".)

AI Name(s): W-I-N-T-E-R-S or S-U-M-M-E-R-S

Have you ever used a different BYOND key on our server? If so what was it and why: Never have, never will.

Skype:KillerKegsey (Use the caps, also if you add me please be sure to tell me who you are and how I know you)

Timezone:GMT+00

Active hours:5pm - 4am (This can sometimes be even longer)

Experience:

Are you familiar with LS13's rules? Yessir, I try to stick to the law 99.99999% of the time.

How long have you played SS13? Roughly two years

How long have you played LS13? A year and a half?

How much do you know about SS13 (/tg/ build) game mechanics? I would like to say I've mastered everything except Atmospherics

Do you have any experience as an administrator for SS13? For a short while on a Baystation server
    Do you have any experience as an administrator on anything else? Minecraft server/DayZ servers (Forgot to mention DayZ servers on my last app)

If yes, what did you have to do do? The DayZ server was a roleplay server so I essentially had to do the same thing as on a Space Station 13 server. Make sure that people didn't kill each-other unless it was legit.
    On the minecraft server I had to keep the peace and hope that people don't DDoS it.

Have you ever worked in a team before? I have worked in a team before, such as being apart of my student council when I was in college.

What are the qualities of a successful team? Communication is key when it is comes to teamwork, if you're unable to communicate the foundation of the team collapses.

Personality:

Why do you play SS13?: I play space station 13 because it makes me happy, a game where knowledge is a key function of the game and that if you didn't know how to do it, you wouldn't be able to; also back when I was into my role-playing I enjoyed playing on "hard"-RP servers which made me feel less awkward about role-playing.

Why do you play LS13?:I play on LS13 because it is a close-knit community, I know that I am able to trust and talk to most of the people in Liberty Last Army, the LS13 server contains a lot of my favourite people and friends.

What do administrators do?:Administrators are people who keep the game flowing, they make sure that all of the bad stuff ceases to happen, and makes sure the good stuff lasts. If someone was to ruin something, they would make sure it would be stopped.

Why do you want to be an administrator?: I want to be an administator because I love the liberty station server. I have been playing it for countless amounts of hours and as I said previously contains my favourite player base I have ever played with, if I had the chance to be an admin on the LS13 server it would not just be a privilege, but an honour to work with the admins that have helped me when I've been in a rough spot.

What qualities make a good administrator?:A good administrator stays level-headed where others will not; To be able to communicate with other members of the administration team and to be able to work reliably.

What qualities make a bad administrator?: A badministator is someone that is ignorant; biased and do not take personal statements into account.

What are your strengths? My best strength on the internet is that I don't take any hate; if someone insults me I just ignore it. I am also quick to forgive people, meaning if I do not like someone one round, the next I shall just pretend it never happened.

What are your weaknesses? People being annoying, or not being able to see my point of view can sometimes frustrate me.

How do you overcome these weaknesses? I try not to let my anger get the better of me, and just cool myself off for a few moments and I should be all good in the hood.

How well do you handle stress, anger, or insults?: As you all should know I smoke whenever I am stressed, which in itself is not a problem as I am of age. As I have said previously I don't particularly get angry, I just tend to cool myself off and let it out in a different way.
    I do not take offense when I get insulted, as they are just words. (If you do get insulted by words on a text screen then remind yourself they do not know you.)

Open Response:

Please answer each question with at least three sentences.

You're administrating on the server when you get an ahelp that Player A has been griefed by Player B. You open the attack logs and see that player B has hit player A many times with an oxygen tank putting them into critical. What do you do from here? Why did you choose to take that course of action?
    I would get a testimony from Player A, after that I would hear Player B's points of view, if Player B has given a valid reason, and the rules of escalation has been followed I will rule it legit under LS13's rules.
    HOWEVER, if player B's story does not add up, or they accuse Player A of hitting first I will consult the admin team on their opinion. If, after further investigation Player B continues to be a little fibber it would result in a 1 day ban.

You're in a debate with a fellow administrator in the admin chat. You're pushing for an idea that you feel passionate about, but they keep shooting your idea down at every turn and the disappointment/anger is rising. How do you handle this?
    I would take it to a higher ranking admin, if possible. However if Taicho was the person that was shooting down my ideas I would probably leave it for the time being and talk to another member of the administrative team about it. If it was just another administrator I would consult a higher power and possibly make a complaint about said admin but not so much that s/he gets in trouble.

What does it mean to be an administrator for our server?
    To be an administator on the LS13 server, as I said before, would be an honour and I would wear the title of "admin" on myself with pride without the intention to abuse it. I believe as an administator I would behave differently that if I was playing the game as a member of the community, I would actively try to help people (With IC interactions not including myself) and make sure that anyone that needed help got it.

Which is more important for a community: rules or principles? Why?
    For a community to correctly work together they need both; sort of like Ying and Yang, without one the other would be useless and vice versa, Rules are there to keep things in order, whereas principles are what you are MEANT to do. without rules, there would be no principles. without principles there would be no need for rules.

Butyou want an actual answer, so if I had to chose one it would be rules, they are are what you are meant to have the intent to follow and know, maybe not to the letter but you need to know them.

Additional Comments:
    I have decided to attach my notes, just so you all know how naughty I am.
    Naughty Kegsey.png
  2. Eighty8

Eighty8 Well-Known Member

What would you say you have changed or taken in since your first app?
  3. Kegsey

Kegsey LS13 Admin

Apart from the time I hired a body-guard as a captain and used a little bit of dark humor whilst as a traitor, I believe my behavior has improved.

I have developed more self-control so to speak.
  4. Cody522

Cody522 Well-Known Member

We can't talk about masturbation on OOC!? WHAT HAS CACTUS BECOME?
    kadingir, Kegsey and Eluxor like this.
  5. IMVader

IMVader Well-Known Member

By Kegsey's behavior lately, both IC and OoC, I feel he is not admin material. -1
  6. Kegsey

Kegsey LS13 Admin

Would you care to expand on this please, I'd like to know how you feel I have been wrong.
    NoFaceMan likes this.
  7. IMVader

Sorry, should have posted something more concrete. Will observe your playing a little more. For now all I can say is that you graytide a lot and then complain even more when you get caught by security. Seems like you like to be part of Cargonia and use it for that.
  8. Kegsey

Kegsey LS13 Admin

Ahh, I'm actually rather new to Quartermaster, that's why I'm playing him. I'm just hoping that we have no beef from that time I broke into Perma, which was just for Ryan. I'll admit my actions were rather, grey-tidey.
  9. Mabblies

Mabblies Well-Known Member

Neutral. I want to support this but am unsure. I will be watching.

Also, that last note literally made me lol.
    Kegsey likes this.
  10. IMVader

My memory, to be fairly honest, doesn't extend that far. I'm merely commenting what I've been seeing you doing, specially with others. I don't seem to have much problems with you when you graytide, for some odd reason.
  11. Kegsey

Kegsey LS13 Admin

I hardly ever gray-tide, that's why. I see not point to do so. *shrug
  12. Kegsey

Kegsey LS13 Admin

I didn't even know what I was doin' it was about 3am in the morning so I thought "Fuck it, why not." then the person I used the daterape drug used by many rapists on A-helped it so I got a note.
    Mabblies likes this.
  13. Flavo

Flavo Well-Known Member

Very involved player on the server. Never seen him get angry but i have seen him at his worst. I believe you have good intentions and you really want to help out despite having been denied in your previous app. I believe a trial could allow us to work closer with you and maybe perhaps work out the dents in the kegsey mobile.

+Flavored Seal of lets give this a try
    IMVader and Kegsey like this.
  14. Kegsey

Kegsey LS13 Admin

As Legato_frio once said "We don't hire people who are perfect for the job, we hire those that are willing to learn and change to be perfect for the job." (This was said in my last application)
    I believe that with training and mentoring from the admin team, I will be able to learn how to be suited to the role of admin.
    Mindtrixx likes this.
  15. CannibalCrow

CannibalCrow LS13 Admin Staff Member

The fact that you appeared remorseful and understanding about your bad decisions is a good thing. However, I'm concerned with the fact if you wish to be an admin, you should have the head on your shoulders and the ability to understand our rules enough to know when something is wrong before you do it, or at the very least know it COULD be wrong. The continued poor decisions, even with the apparent apology and acquiescence of wrongdoing, leaves me wary.

Show me that you can improve as a player, and I'll lend you my support.
    Jayce Wise likes this.
  16. Kegsey

Kegsey LS13 Admin

Alrighty, I will try and be on suitable to your time-zone so you're able to observe me.
  17. IMVader

You were a late-arriving captain and went shooting people with a combat shotgun, and then complaining in OoC how me (Floor Bot) was a griefer for shuttle briging you as a result. Care to explain?
    Flatoftheblade likes this.
  18. Kegsey

Kegsey LS13 Admin

I fired one shot because I thought they were beanbag, I was just taking the piss about you being a greifer.
    I apologized straight afterwards, in person and over comms. I genuinely thought they were beanbag.

Edit: At the end of the round you claimed that I was the "Fake" Captain, and was only insisting on following "EL CLUWNE" as the true Captain of the station
    QuantumWings likes this.
  19. Tomtoot

Tomtoot Active Member

Kegsey is a very active, and from what I've seen friendly and helpful in ooc towards other players, I've really not seen him be much like he was in the past, when he got all of those notes, and don't see why we shouldn't give him a chance at trial.

Why not give it a try +1
    Kegsey likes this.
  20. Your history is poor, and in the traitor round that just ended, you used "me" to "extend a proboscis" while standing beside a few people in maint. OOC in IC and kill/grief baiting.

You certainly seem like a fun and nice enough guy in my experiences with you, but I was never convinced that you were admin material and this pretty much confirms for me that you aren't capable to conducting yourself seriously and adhering to rules. If you can't be on your best behavior while you are trying to prove yourself and get your active admin app approved, I have no reason to expect you to be an upstanding admin.

I'm sorry pal, but I gotta go with a "no" here.
    Agent1667 and QuantumWings like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.