[Accepted] Admin Application #2 - AnalLoveIsBest

Discussion in 'Admin Applications' started by TheJuicyFruit, Mar 2, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheJuicyFruit

TheJuicyFruit Well-Known Member

Basic Information:

Byond Account:
    Analloveisbest/TheJuicyFruit
    Character Name(s):
    Stud Buffman, formerly Sam Crow
    AI Name(s):
    S.R.S-B.S.N.Z
    Have you ever used a different BYOND key on our server? If so what was it and why:
    Yes, during my first attempt as an admin I used the key TheJuicyFruit, because RA didn't want me to use AnalLove as an admin, and before that I used the key crotchburn because someone else found analloveisbest offensive, but I switched a while ago and haven't heard any complaints outside of my application
    Timezone:
    PST
    Active hours:
    Very Flexible at the moment

Experience:

Are you familiar with LS13's rules?
    Yes, very much so
    How long have you played SS13?
    A few years now
    How long have you played LS13?
    I became active on the forums in February of 2014, but took some breaks in the past year.
    How much do you know about SS13 (/tg/ build) game mechanics?
    I've fallen behind a little, but I still know all basic mechanics.
    Do you have any experience as an administrator for SS13?
    I was a secondarymin briefly here.
    Do you have any experience as an administrator on anything else?
    No.
    If yes, what did you have to do do?
    N/A
    Have you ever worked in a team before?
    Yes! I am currently a member of the Perseus PMC, and I also was briefly an admin here.
    What are the qualities of a successful team?
    Strong communication, professionalism, and open minds

Personality:

Why do you play SS13?:
    There's just nothing like it out there. It's dynamic, the art style is silly but not overly crude, and I'm a huge fan of science fiction, so how could I not love a game with space fish.
    Why do you play LS13?:
    I've made friends here, and I've come and gone, but there's just something about LLA that brings me back. The strong development team, the dedicated admins, the solid community, and noone else can replicate what you guys have here.
    What do administrators do?:
    Help players. Whether it's someone trying to figure out the singularity, or someone claiming that they were killed without reason, an administrator helps all players involved. Help resolve conflict or misunderstandings, help people better understand how their actions affect others, help people see that LS13 is a server worth trying for.
    Why do you want to be an administrator?:
    I loved being an admin, but I wasn't in a great place my first go, and I sort of crumbled. I want a second chance to stand up and give back to LLA, for all that it's done for me this past year.
    What qualities make a good administrator?:
    Being understanding is absolutely necessary, and having iron skin and a level head is a requirement. A good admin is perceptive, calm, and professional during all interactions with players, and colleagues alike.
    What qualities make a bad administrator?:
    The antithesis of the above. A poor administrator would lash out on players, or perhaps ignore/overlook a key piece of information. A truly awful admin will use their admin powers for personal gain/entertainment.
    What are your strengths?
    I consider myself to be very professional in regards to player interactions, and always tried to see everyone's point of view, and examined each case with fresh eyes and calm mind. I would say that a player's words can't hurt me. I know when a player lashes out they aren't really mad at me, they're mad at the situation, and I'm not really seeing them at their best in that moment.
    What are your weaknesses?
    My weaknesses became very clear during my adminship. I let what other admins say get under my skin and it greatly affected my performance as an admin. Additionally, there was a case I was handling, where several admins were talking about it in admin chat, and in the commotion I issued a permanent ban where I shouldn't have. I later rectified the issue but I still regret that I couldn't handle that better under pressure.
    How do you overcome these weaknesses?
    I understand now that not everyone will like or respect me, and that's fine. I'm still me and I'll still be here. It won't affect my ability to work with them in an admin capacity. As far as the second part, acting poorly under pressure, I believe I am capable of just taking a look at each case as an individual, and making my own judgement accordingly, while still keeping an open mind to other admins opinions.
    How well do you handle stress, anger, or insults?:
    I feel I've become a very zen person. During my first adminship I was very upset how I perceived some of the staff was treating me, but now I've been looking back on it, and it wasn't worth reacting how I did.

Open Response:

Please answer each question with at least three sentences.

You're administrating on the server when you get an ahelp that Player A has been griefed by Player B. You open the attack logs and see that player B has hit player A many times with an oxygen tank putting them into critical. What do you do from here? Why did you choose to take that course of action?
    First, I alert Player A that I'm going to investigate further. I then send a message to player B with a greeting, "Hi", "Hello", "How ya doin'" etc, and if they respond, I'll ask them why they beat player A into critical condition. Often times things like this are a misinterpretation of self defense, which can be explained, to avoid anything like that happening in the future.

You're in a debate with a fellow administrator in the admin chat. You're pushing for an idea that you feel passionate about, but they keep shooting your idea down at every turn and the disappointment/anger is rising. How do you handle this?
    If the admin I'm debating with is just disregarding everything I say then I'll stop the conversation. I might make a forum poll asking the community their thoughts on my idea (assuming it's a content suggestion, not a ban or other admin work), or go to a highermin for their opinion. I don't see the benefit in talking to someone who just ignores what you're saying.

What does it mean to be an administrator for our server?
    An administrator needs to be a mediator, a guide, and a teacher for the players. It's a responsibility not to be taken lightly, and it takes dedication. An administrator is above all else a servant to the server and its players.

Which is more important for a community: rules or principles? Why?
    Principles. The new ruleset on LS13 is much stronger than the previous set, however if you just automate admining based on players actions to, "You broke rule 4, banned for one day", and don't try to ascertain why
    they broke rule 4, then why bother being an admin? Rules are fine, and act as a guide for what all players should strive to follow, but I think it's far more important to look at the "rule breaker" than the rule broken. You just cant look at cases so black and white like that, it takes away any chance to explain a players actions, or help them learn, which is unfair.

And here is a link to my first application http://www.llagaming.net/forums/threads/accepted-analloveisbests-admin-application.2386/
    Kegsey likes this.
  2. You've been gone for quite a while and just started playing on LLA and getting involved in the community again. Last time you were admin you quit pretty early on. Personally I think you should wait a bit and demonstrate that you'll stick around for some time.
    Cody522 likes this.
  3. Cody522

Cody522 Well-Known Member

What happened to you before?
    NoFaceMan likes this.
  4. Flavo

Flavo Well-Known Member

As someone who has worked with you I'd like it if you came back, you were pretty good and level headed, and it's not like you vanished without a word and were removed for inactivity. If accepted please don't RIP again.
    NoFaceMan likes this.
  5. TheJuicyFruit

I understand your concern, and I see where you're coming from. I'm here to stay though, regardless of this application's results.
    The tl;dr is I resigned due to personal issues/personal conflict with a few members of the admin team, which I have learned not to hinder my ability to admin, or my ability to work with these people in an admin capacity this time around, if I am hired. I'd rather not go into these issues in the forum, but over skype or the forum PM's with the people who need to know.
    NoFaceMan likes this.
  6. Raptorblaze

Raptorblaze Head Coder Staff Member

I honestly don't know why you left :( come back to me bb
    General_Battier and NoFaceMan like this.
  7. Mabblies

Mabblies Well-Known Member

I can never take someone called "Analloveisbest" seriously, but other than that I have no problems.
    AquaDraco likes this.
  8. Flavo

Flavo Well-Known Member

The project lead of TGstation is Hornygranny and it's 2015.

In the event you are accepted back in i support you being able to be anallove and not TheJuicyFruit
    NoFaceMan and IMVader like this.
  9. Kegsey

Kegsey LS13 Admin

10/10 guy, never see any flaming in OOC, has the best name in the world.
    You can officially say that you have my support. <3

+1 approved seal of give him trial*
    so I can abuse him
  10. TheJuicyFruit

Thanks for the support kegsey, I was actually secondary when I left, but if the team accepts me and feels i should start back at trial, I'm fine with that.
    Kegsey likes this.
  11. Raptorblaze

Raptorblaze Head Coder Staff Member

No, Anal starts as Senior. I declare it.
    Kegsey and NoFaceMan like this.
  12. Saint Vicious

Saint Vicious LS13 Admin

I've always been rather fond of you and was surprised when you left the team. You're a level headed, intelligent young man that would make a fine addition to the administrator team. I see no reason why you should go through a trial period again, you know what you're doing.
    NoFaceMan and AnalLoveIsBest like this.
  13. Mabblies

He wants to have power over someone who shares his love of anal.
    Kegsey, General_Battier and NoFaceMan like this.
  14. Saint Vicious

Saint Vicious LS13 Admin

Be great to get some more opinions in here from members of the community.

[​IMG]
  15. TheJuicyFruit

How did you know james spader is my #1 all time celeb crush?
  16. Mabblies

That guys mouth is hilarious. thats an opinion
  17. Haven't seen you on at all lately, but I've also been inactive-ish so that could be why.
  18. Devon

Devon Well-Known Member

Supported! Anal is my favorite.
  19. Jariahtoadsage

Jariahtoadsage LS13 Admin

YOu disappeared so suddenly and without letting us know. That (Like for most others) is the one complaint i have here.

Other than that, i see no issue readmitting you ^^
  20. Flavo

Flavo Well-Known Member

No, he let us know he was leaving.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.