[Accepted] Admin Application #1 Cheif264

Discussion in 'Admin Applications' started by cheif264, Mar 25, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cheif264

cheif264 LS13 Admin

Byond Account:
    Cheif145
    Character Name(s):
    Siffy Breaker
    AI Name(s):
    Sify
    Have you ever used a different BYOND key on our server? If so what was it and why:
    I have never used another Byond Key and never will.
    Timezone:
    Central
    Active hours:
    3pm-10pm (more or less some days)

Experience:

Are you familiar with LS13's rules?
    I am very familiar with the rules.
    How long have you played SS13?
    I have played SS13 for around two years now.
    How long have you played LS13?
    Around a year and a half.
    How much do you know about SS13 (/tg/ build) game mechanics?
    I've learned a great deal over these last two years.
    Do you have any experience as an administrator for SS13?
    I do not have experience of that sort on the game.
    Do you have any experience as an administrator on anything else?
    Star wars JK2 server i was a admin for about 4 months.
    If yes, what did you have to do do?
    I kept the peace in the server from people who would run around and kill people who didn't want to fight and other rule breakers while dealing with one guy who liked to use a DDOS on the server.
    Have you ever worked in a team before?
    I have worked in a team many times from actions that should be taken on people that are accused in my one past admin position. (on the other game)
    What are the qualities of a successful team?
    I would say that communications is always a key part of a team.

Personality:

Why do you play SS13?:
    I play SS13 because its always been a fun experience for me and it has a great learning curve to it all the same.
    Why do you play LS13?:
    This station was actually the station my friend first brought me to to teach me how to play the game and eventually where i went to learn myself because of this i feel like its kind of my home station to be at/to play on since it is where i started out.
    What do administrators do?:
    I believe that administrators are there to make the game fun by keeping it going as smoothly as they can and taking action against people who try to upset the flow of the round.
    Why do you want to be an administrator?:
    After hours of playing i've really formed a love for LS13 the player base has been friendly (most of the time) the admins have always been nice to even new people who aren't sure of somethings and many have helped with through tough times in the game ether by supporting me or showing me the error of something I've done ether way it would an honor for me to join a great team that has already helped me.
    What qualities make a good administrator?:
    A good administrator is someone who can keep a level head even in a stressful situation and who will put thought into a decision before making a final choice.
    What qualities make a bad administrator?:
    A bad administrator is someone who gets frustrated easily and will let his anger get the better of him and punishing people for minor things because he/she is angry at the person or just in general.
    What are your strengths?
    My strengths are that I feel like this might sound weird but i am a good at communicating with people I usually know what to say in the right situations but i can also keep a leveled head in most situations too.
    What are your weaknesses?
    My weakness is that I have a hard time speaking up about some situations and it can show in my leadership skills.
    How do you overcome these weaknesses?
    I have worked hard to overcome this weakness over a very long time just starting with trying to start conversations and such to taking leadership roles and such in places like the job i had last summer.
    How well do you handle stress, anger, or insults?:
    I can handle stress well in many situations i'm a very forgiving person and don't let words easily get to me.

Open Response:

Please answer each question with at least three sentences.

You're administrating on the server when you get an ahelp that Player A has been griefed by Player B. You open the attack logs and see that player B has hit player A many times with an oxygen tank putting them into critical. What do you do from here? Why did you choose to take that course of action?
    I would talk to Player A first regarding the situation and after so speak to Player B to get his side of the story to see if it matches up at all and make my decision from their. The reason i would make this choice is that I believe that hearing both sides of a conflict can be helpful to making a better choice in the end I also find this useful to find out who exactly was the antagonist here and what could of prompted player B to attack player A if he had a reason at all.

You're in a debate with a fellow administrator in the admin chat. You're pushing for an idea that you feel passionate about, but they keep shooting your idea down at every turn and the disappointment/anger is rising. How do you handle this?
    I would simply lay the idea to rest for the time being if everyone was against it and tension was rising and bring it up sometime later or another day to try and convince them of it if I was still passionate about the idea and felt it was something that should be discussed further. I may also bring it up in a forum post to see what the community may think of this idea instead of only speaking with it to other admins and get the communities opinion on the idea.

What does it mean to be an administrator for our server?
    Being a administrator on your server means to help those who need it through the tough times this game can give while keeping the flow of the game going and taking action against those who try to ruin other peoples round or the flow of the game entirely. I also think it means being part of a team since no one man can keep people together or from chaos its important to work as a team and help each other with problems that might arise or if more then one problem exists at the same time.

Which is more important for a community: rules or principles? Why?
    I believe that rules are more important in a community since rules can keep a community in order and keep it from going havoc and tearing itself apart. I do believe that principles are important but I don't believe that a community can live on principles for long without falling apart or people second guessing them a whole lot while I do realize that rules can also be second guessed to me some rules can be altered slightly if it will make the rule clearer to the community.
    kadingir and General_Battier like this.
  2. JPR

JPR Well-Known Member

You know, I've actually seen you on the station recently as HoP, and you seem to do a good job every time I see you.
    I'd support this, as long as you keep using your forum account so we can get a feel for you, and ensure you don't run off :), and as long as you put a profile pic in (seriously, that helps, at least with me).
    EDIT(had to go to a different browser)-I noticed that you only had one other post on the forums... but it's like a year ago, and is NOT a ban appeal, which is REALLY nice from my PoV.
  3. Raptorblaze

Raptorblaze Head Coder Staff Member

Need time to get a better feel for your personality, but your IC character is recognizable. *looks back on recent apps where we had no idea who the person was*

The fact that I recognize you but can't remember any administrative run ins is a good sign generally.
  4. General_Battier

General_Battier LS13 Admin

Ive seen you playing as AI a few times, and you seem to know what you are doing, and how you act in OOC is pretty nice, I will keep an eye on you more often now that you made this.
    Edit: I suggest become more active on forums for now on, try to get with the community.
  5. cheif264

cheif264 LS13 Admin

Forums have always been a antsy place for me but i am trying to be more active on it to meet the people who dwell here more too.
  6. AncientV25

AncientV25 LS13 Admin

I'm not sure that you're really a great fit for the team, but I'm remaining neutral for now.
  7. Jariahtoadsage

Jariahtoadsage LS13 Admin

I like a great deal of your application, and IC i cant remember ever having an issue with you. Id like to see your OOC interaction community pick up a bit more. (I.E. Forums) so that i can get a feel for your personality.

Dont get me wrong, from what i KNOW about you you're a great guy. And this isnt by any means me saying im not voting for you, but its important to have a person whos both a good personality match and a good player when were bringing folks onto the team. If not it can make the training and integration process kinda hinky.

Anywho, hope to see you around more. Ill keep an eye out for your name. :3
  8. Mabblies

Mabblies Well-Known Member

I believe welli said somewhere that open response answers needs to be minimum three lines each? Maybe I'm wrong. You might wanna edit them anyways.

Neutral, I haven't seen you a whole lot.
    NoFaceMan likes this.
  9. WellingtonTheThird

WellingtonTheThird Well-Known Member

Since this application was put in so close to the time that we review them (The last weekend of each month) I'll be extending this for review next month.
  10. cheif264

cheif264 LS13 Admin

Didn't notice that at first I edited the post to make sure they were all the three sentences that was asked for thanks for pointing that out to me.
    Mabblies likes this.
  11. Raptor

Raptor Well-Known Member

Cheif is great in security, head and AI/borg roles and seems to have a good sense of responsibility and good judgement. I feel like giving him a chance on the admin team would do good for the community.

+1
    General_Battier likes this.
  12. AncientV25

AncientV25 LS13 Admin

Following up on this, I do not believe I can support your application. You're not a bad dude, but I don't think you've got the right traits here.
    Mabblies likes this.
  13. General_Battier

General_Battier LS13 Admin

Guess that's the point of a trial period, to see if they do have what it takes? I don't know.
  14. AncientV25

AncientV25 LS13 Admin

Not one hundred percent. But, this probably isnt a discussion we should have here.
    Flatoftheblade likes this.
  15. Kegsey

Kegsey LS13 Admin

I would like to see him trialed but I believe I need more time to get to know his character/OOC self.

+neutral 4 now
  16. Mabblies

Mabblies Well-Known Member

I agree with that.
  17. daddysds1

daddysds1 Well-Known Member

Neutral i have seen you around but that's about it.

Will keep my eye out.
  18. Rekiin

Rekiin Active Member

On a scale of 1-10 you know the game mechanics to about an 7 or 8, your a really nice guy who can handle stress. I'd say give him a trial.
    +1
  19. I see you alot, I enjoy having you on the server, I however don't think you're quite ready for admin with your current knowledge on the game.
  20. Cyliz

Cyliz LS13 Admin

Chief seems like an alright person. I can't say that I have ever had any problems involving them, and they stay pretty active in the community. I say green-light them to trial, and we'll see where it goes.

+1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.