Absence

Discussion in 'General' started by Cody522, May 2, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I've asked Cody to give me a shout when it is more reliable to actually get on the server, since I'm already a human time bomb and the current server situation would be sure to make me pop a blood vessel. See you guys when that happens. Best of luck getting a slot in the meantime!
  2. Cody522

Cody522 Well-Known Member

I imagine people who are 13 or younger wouldn't know what a VHS is.
    Raptor likes this.
  3. Agent1667

Agent1667 Well-Known Member

Cody, can you tell me how I get the IP to *try* to join? I've looked around the entire forums.
  4. Rekiin

Rekiin Active Member

I've learned currently joining, look at the side bar of the fourms page, the one here http://lfwb.ru/interzone/ at the screams tab, the first one down, click the PARTY! at the side of the page.
  5. felloutdud4

felloutdud4 New Member

[​IMG]
    Keyword22 and General_Battier like this.
  6. Holy hell am I happy our community isnt -that-, Its like they were pulled directly from the shit pits of 4chan.
  7. Obadiah Mayland

Obadiah Mayland Well-Known Member

Preach it Drad3n. As I have been looking through this, I was going to remain silent, but honestly everything about the idea, and community of Lifeweb horrifies me. I have joked about ERP before, but legitimate erp, especially in rape scenarios is no easy matter, and the fact that they would not be willing to allow the game to have one instance WITHOUT that element puts me at a loss for words even more. Cody and all others that are leaving for this game, I support you guys, considering we are all LLA here, but as Mindtrixx said.

"And uh, try not to have too much fun Cody?.. <_<'." (don't

edit: also, to whoever is going to lifeweb. If nothing more, try and bring some class to that community. I know you guys are better than what I saw of them.

-Obi
  8. Raptorblaze

Raptorblaze Head Coder Staff Member

Honestly I'd even be okay with the ERP if they at least banned rape. I just wanna be able to play my games in peace without some creepo shoving their dick into my fun places.

That said, the community is a cesspit, if you wanna get involved in it have fun i guess.

>Banning rape ruins the spirit of the game

Edit: There's also the matter that it can be argued the game violates the BYOND Terms of Service, though its really a non-issue since its enforced approximately 0% of the time.
    QuantumWings likes this.
  9. Keyword22

Keyword22 Well-Known Member

"The Setting must be as grim as possible. There is no light without darkness, no heroes without villains, no real human beings without child-raping monsters, no mercy without severity. And the rarer the light side is, the more bright it would appear. It's quite obvious and it's the only reason that some absolutely immoral elements are present in the game."

:)

Of course, implying that rape occurs every 4 seconds is just that, a mere implication. As you actually have no real idea of what happens within a game round. The inmerse and incredible RP and stories that I've done have put this game in a special place within my heart.
  10. From a philosophical perspective, I'm curious if the critics of Lifeweb for permitting such things feel the same way about films like Deliverance and Straw Dogs. In your minds, is there some subject matter that fictional mediums just shouldn't touch, or is there something uniquely wrong about this occurring in an interactive medium? For the sake of discussion. This reaction seems purely visceral to me.

Edit - Granted I sort of wish it wasn't included because it seems to have become the focal point of outsiders looking in and, to an extent, on the face of it it seems like a cheap shock value sort of thing. But in general principle I wouldn't say unilaterally that such things should never be depicted, in any medium.
  11. As much as I could care less about the game, it can be immoral and "grim" without the capability of raping children or people.
    QuantumWings likes this.
  12. Keyword22

Keyword22 Well-Known Member

13. CannibalCrow

CannibalCrow LS13 Admin Staff Member

I'm curious about this as well. I don't have even the most remote interest in ERP or rape in a game, but the sudden shock and offense this thread has demonstrated is.. Peculiar. It's not like they're raping individuals in reality. What's the problem with two people online consensually roleplaying a rape scene that harms nobody? If it harms no one, what's the problem? I get not wanting to have your character be raped, or not wanting to participate, but the sheer disapproval of the actual act itself between two willing and consensual individuals is bizarre to me.

Like.. People in real life. Normal, healthy, emotionally balanced and stable couples, participate and indulge in RAPE ROLEPLAY. It happens. It's exceedingly fucking common. If you were to google anything about "Rape Fantasy" you'd find hundreds of thousands of accounts of people claiming they want to roleplay (in reality, not textually), rape. And it's considered by most sex experts to be relatively normal. Granted, that scenario and this one are certainly different, but there seems to be offense at the inherent touching of the topic of rape. SO if that is wrong.. Is this? Why does it matter outside of what might happen to you? If you are uninvolved, why do you care? And if it's so wrong for them to touch this topic, then is it wrong for films and literature to do so? What about murder? Torture? Other acts that in reality are abhorrent but in entertainment are... Interesting?

Regardless, you have fun with whatever you want, Cody and others. Toodles, and seeya' around.
    Keyword22, Cody522 and Flatoftheblade like this.
  14. RebelAmerica

RebelAmerica ForumGuard Staff Member

Wow, this thread blew up. I'll probably never visit the game because I don't like the idea of rape in a video game. But let people play what they wanna play, will miss those that are leaving try not to be shitheads.

Have fun playin yo game~
  15. Eluxor

Eluxor No one

Wow, Seriously, you people think that RAPE in this game is something horrible or awful. Yesterday, in a round, We were the migrants going to the fortress, one of the guys got sick and my husband (randomly selected husband/family) gave him a potion, it was a love potion and that person started to follow a random guy that was passing by after beating my husband for giving him that potion.
    We found the guy near a lava river and the man with the potion pinned him down and did the "act" while everyone in my group was laughing (4 people) after that the guy that was raped grabbed an axe, cut the man's belly open and threw him on the lava river. We walked normally to the fortress after that.

Also, The shitheads are only on the forums, most of the people are great players IG and theres almost no grieffers.
  16. Raptorblaze

Raptorblaze Head Coder Staff Member

@Flat

My problem is that I already survived it happening to me once IRL, I'd rather not have to deal with pretending it was happening again in a game when I'm trying to enjoy myself. Like I said, if you're into that sort of thing have fun... but you won't see me around, and frankly I don't know if I'd trust someone who enjoys roleplaying rape in their video games in real life. Not saying you guys do, the majority of you defending the game are doing so on the basis that the rape thing isn't a central part of the game.
    Raptor and Flavo like this.
  17. khoka

khoka New Member

lol @ this thread
    just lol
  18. Did you register on the forums just to "lol" at people in this thread?
    QuantumWings likes this.
  19. Felix Feufer

Felix Feufer LS13 Admin

Someone lock this.
  20. Cody522

Cody522 Well-Known Member

Just imagine a community of benblus who don't give a shit about feelings.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.